Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2021, 09:05 AM

10,152 posts, read 7,813,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
Just my opinion, but I don't believe Trump would have a good chance of winning in 2024. Too much baggage, so to speak. DeSantis would have a much better chance of sending creepy sleepy Joe back to his basement where he belongs.

I also think, election reforms or not, that in 2024 there will be a lot more oversight in the voting & counting process to eliminate any chance of fraud, but I'm sure the Democrats will try.

Yes, I'm hoping more Republican states have better tax reforms such as what GA, TX and FL have done. We need to stay ahead of the cheating no matter how much and how loudly the left protest. We need to stick to our guns.

Haha, I can't wait to see Biden back in his basement and he can take Kamalllaa with him. They belong there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2021, 09:08 AM

2,423 posts, read 2,995,638 times
I hope that Trump does run. He'll be easier to beat than some of the other republicans. He lost last time and he'll lose by even more next time. I doubt he'll run though. Either his health or legal status will prevent it.

Old 06-02-2021, 09:18 AM

5,044 posts, read 2,411,272 times
The left hates Trump so badly they may do the GOP a great favor if they manage to topple him. They are so irrationally afraid of Trump winning they would do anything to make sure he can’t run. The thing is the path would be much easier for Desantis. Many Trump supporters still don’t realize that he lost a bigly amount of support in his last days of office.

He rambled on like an idiot his last 6 months at a time he could have showed so much strength. Then there is the capitol debacle. I don’t wish to debate whether he was involved or not but trust me there are many people who supported him that do feel he is largely at fault. Who do the people’s families going to prison he threw under the bus vote for?

So it seems to me he lost quite a few moderates that thought it went too far and some of the extreme fringe who he turned on.

The best thing for the GOP would be if Trump simply died quietly in his sleep (along with his scandals whether real or imagined.) so Desantis could begin his preparations for the campaign and fundraising.

In that scenario the dems would no longer have the Trump card and would have to try to at least understand reality.

Old 06-02-2021, 09:22 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,747,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
The left hates Trump so badly they may do the GOP a great favor if they manage to topple him. They are so irrationally afraid of Trump winning they would do anything to make sure he can’t run. The thing is the path would be much easier for Desantis. Many Trump supporters still don’t realize that he lost a bigly amount of support in his last days of office.
I agree, convicting him of whatever the Democrats can come up with makes him an instant martyr

The problem is it puts DeSantis in the very uncomfortable position of allowing or denying extradition

Old 06-02-2021, 09:25 AM

17,020 posts, read 12,623,319 times
Trump will lose. Again. He has little appeal beyond his core ~42%.

I agree on the Desantis part. Competent right of center but not a narcissistic blowhard.

Old 06-02-2021, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
I agree, convicting him of whatever the Democrats can come up with makes him an instant martyr

The problem is it puts DeSantis in the very uncomfortable position of allowing or denying extradition
Desantis could say he wants to remain impartial and let the AG or whoever the decision normally falls on to make the decision. I am sure Trump would understand he would do the same thing if it jeopardized his march to power. It’s nothing personal.

HopefullyTrump would have enough warning he could either face the music in NY or simply fly to a country willing to have him. That being said I don’t have any opinion on Trump’s guilt or innocence. I would just like him out of the way of Desantis. I want to beat the dems at all costs. Trump is no longer useful.

Old 06-02-2021, 09:39 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,747,977 times
Quote:
Desantis could say he wants to remain impartial and let the AG or whoever the decision normally falls on to make the decision. I am sure Trump would understand he would do the same thing if it jeopardized his march to power. It’s nothing personal.
That's not how it works, MAGA voters will in no way shape or form "understand". The ones that vote will still vote DeSantis, but the overall effect will be keeping many Trump voters home

Old 06-02-2021, 09:43 AM

7,982 posts, read 3,511,959 times
Quote:

HopefullyTrump would have enough warning he could either face the music in NY or simply fly to a country willing to have him. That being said I don’t have any opinion on Trump’s guilt or innocence. I would just like him out of the way of Desantis. I want to beat the dems at all costs. Trump is no longer useful.
Trump's core ain't gonna vote for anyone who extradites Trump up to New York for a political show trial, and no republican wins without Trump's base. And before you try to sell it, there's no way his base will ever believe New York will give him a fair trial.

If the left maneuvers him in to having to make this decision he's dead in the water no matter what decision he makes, so if you're willing to win at any cost you better start thinking of a new hero, because Trump's base isn't going to care if you're willing to throw Trump to the wolves or not. Don't pick a Romney/Cheney style neocon RINO either. That ship has sailed already.

Old 06-02-2021, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
Trump's core ain't gonna vote for anyone who extradites Trump up to New York for a political show trial, and no republican wins without Trump's base. And before you try to sell it, there's no way his base will ever believe New York will give him a fair trial.

If the left maneuvers him in to having to make this decision he's dead in the water no matter what decision he makes, so if you're willing to win at any cost you better start thinking of a new hero, because Trump's base isn't going to care if you're willing to throw Trump to the wolves or not. Don't pick a Romney/Cheney style neocon RINO either. That ship has sailed already.
If that’s the case there is no way the GOP wins. Trump has no chance now. His followers might have to make a decision to either vote for somebody half way sane or concede the victory before the elections are even held. Trump has absolutely no chance of taking it again.

As I said before the best thing would be for Trump to quietly expire.

Old 06-02-2021, 09:59 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,582,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
It is clear that the left hate Trump. They are scared of him and know he has a good chance of winning in 2024. Trump is for America and they are not. The left want to ruin this country. This is why they keep trying everything they can to take him down so he can't run in 2024. They are grasping at straws and I'm sure Pelosi is ahead of a lot of this investigating. She has been trying to destroy him ever since she heard he was running in 2016. Pelosi is an evil woman. She ought to have Old Man Corrupt Joey investigated if anyone is investigated.

Thing is, Desantis doesn't have all the hate and if he were to run, I feel he'd win much easier than if they left Trump alone so he could run in 2024. I just feel the left are only hurting themselves by trying to take Trump down.

The left better start trying to find crap on Desantis. lol
??? We already did take trump down, we fired trump. He’s done, irrelevant, disappeared. Move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies