Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2021, 12:12 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,000,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
When did anybody say black lives don't matter?

I have never heard this stated publically in my life, not even by a white supremacist.
I didn't say that anyone said Black Lives Don't Matter.

Old 06-07-2021, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Still not as bad as what liberals call conservatives. I, as a Jew, have been told I’m as bad as the Nazis who killed my great-grandparents (because I support Israel.) It’s about as low a slap that a liberal can foist on a Jewish descendant of Holocaust victims, so they went there.

And of course we all know about racist! Racist! Racist!
What a horrific thing to say to anybody -- especially a Jew. It is disgusting.

Old 06-07-2021, 12:13 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,373,324 times
Quote:
According to the liberal who fired her for saying it!
The University claims that's not why she was fired, right?

I already said that it sounds bogus, lacking any further insight from the University. In the context of her email it doesn't sound terribly conservative/Republican, as I already pointed out.

I'm betting she's not a Republican, at all.

Old 06-07-2021, 12:14 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,591,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
A fetus is not just a clump of cells. The masks are to protect yourself not anyone else. Why are so many leftists still wearing masks even though they have been vaccinated?
You really don't understand the science of masks do you. They are there to mitigate the aerosol spread of the virus from the wearer.

Old 06-07-2021, 12:14 PM

Quote:
So you’re saying that someone who says that all lives matter should be fired? Then that shows how conservatives cannot make the most innocuous comments without risking their careers. And that’s what this thread is about.
Every statement needs to be taken in context and I don't know the full story of the firing you are talking about.

And most definitely context ALWAYS matters.

There have been teachers fired for wearing Black Lives Matter clothing.

So that suggests that it is more about the political statement than it being left or right leaning.

Old 06-07-2021, 12:17 PM

3,356 posts, read 1,232,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
You'll have to forgive me if I doubt your sincerity here.

Or don't......

Otherwise the Liberal Left would be just fine with say, the NFL booting Colin Kaepernick.......
Huh? What law would make it ok to boot dissent?

Old 06-07-2021, 12:18 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,160,794 times
I live in Seattle which is overwhelmingly liberal. Much of communication can be non verbal. People can tell my wife and I are "probably" conservative a mile away. So an equally good question is do I change my appearance and the way I carry myself to blend in with liberal Seattle? No way!

Do we get the cold shoulder from that liberal waitress at the restaurant or the silent treatment from that barista at the coffee shop? All the time! But after awhile, it almost turns into a fun game for us. I truly enjoy going against the grain. I just smile, I'm friendly to everybody and the fact that I'm conservative and you are not doesn't ruin my day

Old 06-07-2021, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
I live in Seattle which is overwhelmingly liberal. Much of communication can be non verbal. People can tell my wife and I are "probably" conservative a mile away. So an equally good question is do I change my appearance and the way I carry myself to blend in with liberal Seattle? No way!

Do we get the cold shoulder from that liberal waitress at the restaurant or the silent treatment from that barista at the coffee shop? All the time! But after awhile, it almost turns into a fun game for us. I truly enjoy going against the grain. I just smile, I'm friendly to everybody and the fact that I'm conservative and you are not doesn't ruin my day
HUH? How do you look like a conservative?

Old 06-07-2021, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
A fetus is not just a clump of cells. The masks are to protect yourself not anyone else. Why are so many leftists still wearing masks even though they have been vaccinated?

No the masks are to stop your water droplets from your mouth from spreading.

Old 06-07-2021, 12:20 PM

3,356 posts, read 1,232,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
You really don't understand the science of masks do you. They are there to mitigate the aerosol spread of the virus from the wearer.
This vaccinated person will continue to wear a mask in crowds until we have herd immunity or we no longer have variants that may or may not be protected by my vaccine.
I don’t wear a mask in everyday situations with people I know or outdoors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies