Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2021, 05:41 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,044,199 times

Advertisements

I will say I think this fuss about her physically visiting the border is an odd focus. It's not based on policy.

What Republicans are saying --- if you don't put on a show like Trump did you can't be really trying to solve the problem at the border.

Trump, Pence, Melania going to the border did nothing to solve the problem.

In April of 2019 there was a surge -- why? Because Trump had not been to the border in a few months to stand in front of a wall? Come on people.

You can argue against the policy of allowing acylium/refugee seekers to stay in the country instead of having them wait in Mexico.

You can argue against the policy of working with countries in Central America to alleviate the hardships in their community that are driving the desperation of sending children unaccompanied on treacherous journeys hoping they get into USA safely.

You can argue against the numbers of immigrants to be allowed into the country and what criteria is being used to choose who can and cannot stay.

But focusing on the fact Kamala Harris can't deal with the source of the problem by not doing a photo op at the border clearly is ignoring the real issues and thinking the 'wall' is the end all and be all.

I didn't care for Harris' response. I think she could have done better in explaining that a photo op at the border wasn't going to get to the source of the problem. She didn't handle it well.

I don't think Biden's administration is handling the messaging of the immigration issue well at all. I like the focus on working with countries in CEntral America to stop people from 'surging' the border. You can blame Biden but the truth is during the Trump admin., in spite of all his talk, the wall, his policies of making them wait in Mexico, there was still an increase with each surge in the number of people trying to get in. This is not a new problem. It has been growing for years....and yes getting worse each year.

We have to get to the source and deal with it -- not just slap band aids at the border.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2021, 05:53 AM

14,233 posts, read 4,604,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I will say I think this fuss about her physically visiting the border is an odd focus. It's not based on policy.

What Republicans are saying --- if you don't put on a show like Trump did you can't be really trying to solve the problem at the border.

Trump, Pence, Melania going to the border did nothing to solve the problem.

In April of 2019 there was a surge -- why? Because Trump had not been to the border in a few months to stand in front of a wall? Come on people.

You can argue against the policy of allowing acylium/refugee seekers to stay in the country instead of having them wait in Mexico.

You can argue against the policy of working with countries in Central America to alleviate the hardships in their community that are driving the desperation of sending children unaccompanied on treacherous journeys hoping they get into USA safely.

You can argue against the numbers of immigrants to be allowed into the country and what criteria is being used to choose who can and cannot stay.

But focusing on the fact Kamala Harris can't deal with the source of the problem by not doing a photo op at the border clearly is ignoring the real issues and thinking the 'wall' is the end all and be all.

I didn't care for Harris' response. I think she could have done better in explaining that a photo op at the border wasn't going to get to the source of the problem. She didn't handle it well.

I don't think Biden's administration is handling the messaging of the immigration issue well at all. I like the focus on working with countries in CEntral America to stop people from 'surging' the border. You can blame Biden but the truth is during the Trump admin., in spite of all his talk, the wall, his policies of making them wait in Mexico, there was still an increase with each surge in the number of people trying to get in. This is not a new problem. It has been growing for years....and yes getting worse each year.

We have to get to the source and deal with it -- not just slap band aids at the border.
1) first, who is “we”? Aren’t you a Canadian?

2) second, the source of the problem is corruption in Central America. What do you think US should do? Keeping a failed policy by pumping money into corrupted foreign governments just like Obama/Biden administration did for 8 years?

Old 06-09-2021, 05:56 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,044,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
1) first, who is “we”? Aren’t you a Canadian?

2) second, the source of the problem is corruption in Central America. What do you think US should do? Keeping a failed policy by pumping money into corrupted foreign governments just like Obama/Biden administration did for 8 years?
American and Canadian -- I get the best of all worlds.

The USA has been involved in 'corruption' world wide to serve its purpose. This is a worthy cause with a direct impact on our national security.

If I had the solution I would be involved in international politics.

Old 06-09-2021, 06:03 AM

50,388 posts, read 64,062,004 times
Nobody I know thought Harris was qualified to be VP, so why is anyone surprised at how bad she is at it?

She reminds me of the poster, “No one is totally worthless. They can always serve as a bad example.”

Old 06-09-2021, 06:27 AM

2,511 posts, read 3,410,249 times
Kamala was so unpopular even in California that she was close to the bottom in voter support. Liberal media is careful to present her only in the narrowest of snapshots--none of her talking--because her personality, speech and mannerisms make most people cringe.

Kamala is such a fraud that she continues to claim that she grew up poor in Oakland, CA, despite being the daughter of a college professor and a PhD/research biologist.

Kamala cannot respond to one question without blathering a nonsensical question in response, cackling, or getting hostile. She never ANSWERS any question. Though it is true that reporters seldom ask Biden or Harris questions...

Kamala had no useful experience that qualified her for the VP slot in the Biden ticket, save for the fact that she has no integrity. Harris does not have the character traits of an honest, strong leader, political ideologies aside.

Recently, Kamala hands out Kamala cookies to reporters -- these cookies are iced with her image, sans eyes or facial features, but with her signature pearl necklace and coiffed hair. Normal people do not do this. Disneyland's cartoon characters have cookie shapes.

Classic narcissist = Kamala Harris.

And thanks to the media gaslighting--New York Times, CNN, Washington Post, LA Times--Harris is the vice-president of the United States.

NY Times, you've gaslit yourselves into ueslessness. No one who remains unbrainwashed believes your ignorant spin.

Last edited by Fern435; 06-09-2021 at 07:26 AM.. Reason: many 'journalists' don't ask intelligent questions!

Old 06-09-2021, 06:29 AM

59,185 posts, read 27,371,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
well if we've learned anything about her, we've learned Biden made a big mistake putting her on the ticket and she will be cast aside by the Democrats in 2024. She's horrible. No wonder she finished 4th in the primaries of her own state! Speaks to Biden's judgement too.
"well if we've learned anything about her, we've learned Biden made a big mistake putting her on the ticket"

I don't tink biden had anything to do with it!

Old 06-09-2021, 06:53 AM

9,473 posts, read 5,245,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DK736 View Post
This is what she does. She nervously cackles when making speeches, and when she gets called out she snaps with that obnoxious attitude of hers. She was, and never will be built for this position. There was a reason why she was the first to crash and burn the way she did in the primaries.
All in on this right here ^^^^ I actually thought she might actually be more competent than she appears to be, but she clearly doesn't have the skills for her position.

And I hate to disagree with Geraldo, who I really like, but I don't respect someone simply because they were elected to a position. Respect is earned. She ain't there.

Old 06-09-2021, 07:13 AM

665 posts, read 614,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
"And I haven't been to Europe." WTF does that have to do with the crisis at the border?

Is she crazy or just way out of her league?
She's not fit for the position. VP Giggles is going to laugh her way out of DC and end the California to DC liberal loony pipeline on a national stage. The funny thing is if she stays as a US Senator she easily gets re-elected 1-2 times before it's time to ride off into the sunset with a nice book deal and TV talking head position.

Old 06-09-2021, 07:18 AM

665 posts, read 614,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
well if we've learned anything about her, we've learned Biden made a big mistake putting her on the ticket and she will be cast aside by the Democrats in 2024. She's horrible. No wonder she finished 4th in the primaries of her own state! Speaks to Biden's judgement too.
Biden has the same kind of vision as John McCain did when it came to Sarah Palin which is why McCain lost. It's one of the reasons Biden shouldn't have been elected.

Last edited by Peasy973; 06-09-2021 at 07:46 AM..

Old 06-09-2021, 07:45 AM

20,349 posts, read 19,947,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Why would she do exactly what Fox News wants her to do? That's a no win scenario.
Why doesn't she just cowgirl up and visit the border and report back to us?

Fox News? Lame response.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies