Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2021, 11:34 AM

5,874 posts, read 3,322,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
An officer needs to have reasonable suspicion the target is carrying and was involved in a crime, no?

In the gang infested areas of Chicago it is reasonable to assume nearly everyone is carrying, legal or otherwise.
Street gun battles are relatively common in some areas.

More than 11,000 firearms were recovered in Chicago, last year.
It's not just guns. There are a myriad of different reasons a stop can be made. It all comes down to articulation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2021, 11:36 AM

3,660 posts, read 3,806,354 times
A federalized police force is a goal for the left

Old 06-09-2021, 11:46 AM

7,368 posts, read 6,567,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I would answer your first question by quoting another responder with an excellent point. Scarabchuck wrote, "This may be, but do we want to see a stop to senseless shootings or don't we ?
And again, I'll ask what other [insert justification here] do you want to "stop" by what kinds of rights violation? Where is the bar? You want to randomly subject people to a colonoscopy to ensure they're not body packing heroin? Well do we want to see a stop to senseless drug deaths or don't we?

Quote:
I see so many that are so against stop and frisk due to violation of rights, yet they are perfectly fine with seeing the 2A being chipped way at."
WRONG! I can't speak for everyone, but I'm strongly against both!

Quote:
The question is, don't we already have random searches by the authorities? At the airport we have the TSA patting down grandma in her wheelchair so as not to offend or violate anyone's Rights even though we all know that hijackers fit a certain profile and it is not grandma.
For one, it isn't random. I've literally NEVER been searched by the tsa, and never will be. For two, that doesn't mean that that's right either. If I had it my way, all of tsa's blue shirts would be locked up in gitmo tomorrow with the gate welded shut behind them! Just because we're letting morons violate our rights for a long time, doesn't mean it's right, nor does it mean that we can let them do more.

Quote:
There is of course a level of suspicion when it comes to the cops stopping someone. It could be a car load of young men cruising around in the middle of the night. They might be completely innocent but then again they could be drunk or high or looking for trouble.
So? Until their content reaches a violation of a law, they should be left alone.

Quote:
In my case on the resort island I couldn't hear the exchange but the guys complied to the officers request for ID. I suppose if they were black and not white in today's heated and angry world that the guys could have viewed the cops request as racial profiling and suddenly there is an issue that involves chips on shoulders but this exchange was many years ago before all this racist nonsense swept the country
Not necessarily. It's possible the officer knew the limits and would have just said "have a nice day" and not begun a non-consensual encounter.

Quote:
I still say the cop did well to ask the guys for an ID. He was looking out for the community. If those guys were underage would they have dropped the beer and run? Who knows but it is highly unlikely they would have fought him to avoid arrest.
You don't have to fight them to know your rights and stand up for them. Maybe you should browse YouTube's first amendment auditors. Most of them are pretty good. A few are nothing more than screaming idiots looking for a fight. But they demonstrate quite well how to stand up for your rights with the police without escalating anything and they always win, either during the encounter, or in court.

Quote:
I still say that only the guilty that have something to hide are opposed to stop and frisk.
Wow, that's your attitude? That would go well in some place like the communists occupying China, or North Korea or Iran or some other dystopian nightmare.

Old 06-09-2021, 12:06 PM

50,570 posts, read 47,399,705 times
You are not getting rid of guns that are already illegal so without the cops trying to fix it it's simple. Enjoy the continued shootings.

Old 06-09-2021, 12:29 PM

5,874 posts, read 3,322,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
You are not getting rid of guns that are already illegal so without the cops trying to fix it it's simple. Enjoy the continued shootings.
Exactly. Bringing in the ATF fixes nothing at all. This is such a joke. I swear DeBlasio intentionally destroyed NYC. The criminals rule and the victims have no justice!

Old 06-09-2021, 12:43 PM

29,811 posts, read 14,865,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Exactly !

Old 06-09-2021, 01:42 PM

50,570 posts, read 47,399,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Exactly. Bringing in the ATF fixes nothing at all. This is such a joke. I swear DeBlasio intentionally destroyed NYC. The criminals rule and the victims have no justice!
No ATF agent is going to be a beat cop. They don't usually even get out of an unmarked car.

Old 06-09-2021, 01:54 PM

45,823 posts, read 27,470,187 times
From the OP...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Well it was a fun experiment while it lasted but hey NYC how is that defunding the Police going?

Gun crimes are up in NYC and the Mayor is bringing in the ATF to work with and "deputize" Police officers so they will be able to work as Federal agents.
It's going as planned for the liberal elites.

They want the feds running the local police forces. That has always been their goal.

Old 06-09-2021, 03:01 PM

10,058 posts, read 4,790,389 times
In NY it's apparently if you want something done right don't do it yourself even though they have the capability.

Old 06-09-2021, 03:36 PM

23,666 posts, read 17,358,869 times
The feds are replacing the NYC police???????

this should be good.

Watch the ATF turn law abiding citizens into felons!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies