Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2021, 02:59 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,722,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I just got back from the grocery store. Even though it’s been reported that more than half the people in our County have been fully vaccinated, every single person other than one man was still wearing a mask! What gives?
They're smart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
I can understand people being immunocompromised. But what I don't understand that how did those people live their life before? Did they never go out in public or any crowded areas such as restaurants or grocery stores? There have always been deadly diseases and viruses around, long before Covid, that the immunocompromised people could catch. Or did they never think about that then.
According to threads here on CD, some people are terrified to go back to the office. They think that it will be their death sentence. It's so bizarre.

In the beginning of Covid I understood how many took great precaution. But now?
They got sick frequently....and they don't want to return to that way of life.

It easier for me since I'm retired, but nor do I.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2021, 03:02 PM

8,943 posts, read 2,965,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by webster View Post
Natural immunity? Tell that to all the kids who got polio or those who died from smallpox. Let's not require vaccines for Hepatitis and let them handle our food. Measles, mumps, diphtheria, the list goes on and on, they were the scourge of humanity until vaccines.

And while the mask thing seems silly, I know a few folks my age who still wear one. They have other heath issues and so are ultra careful. Others know even with the vaccine, its not 100% and those under 12 are not candidates yet.

No vaccines is 100%, not even the polio vaccine.
Uhhhhh this virus isn't polio. It's much more closely related to the flu. Stop dramatizing.

Also, if your friends have health issues and they are relying ON MASKS to not get covid, they are practicing witch craft. It's like using leeches to cure diseases back in the old days.

Old 06-16-2021, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
They're smart.

^^^ This proves how strongly people latch onto emotional placebos and simply don't want to let them go.

This is why politicians quickly pivoted and started telling people to just wear masks. They knew fighting the tendency for people to want to wear masks was not worth it at that time, no matter how silly it sounds.

Old 06-16-2021, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
So ignore all the studies which stated that those cloth and paper surgical masks are ineffective, are to be ignored? Masks prevent an infected person from sneezing or coughing directly onto a healthy person, that's all. A healthy person does not benefit from wearing a mask.
As though a "healthy" person knows at every given moment what they may be transmitting with a sneeze?

You're smarter than that.

Old 06-16-2021, 03:10 PM

Quote:
As though a "healthy" person knows at every given moment what they may be transmitting with a sneeze?

You're smarter than that.
One more time: Virus particles are microscopic. They are not disturbed by silly cloth masks or tshirt material over one's mouth and nose.

You need to stop denying science.

Put on a mask and go outside when its cold and breathe. See all that stuff that just flows through the mask as if it's not there?

The mask is much too porous to stop virus particles, and doesn't even seal the mouth and nose.

Old 06-16-2021, 03:15 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,490,288 times
Quote:
They're smart.

Ok, so these people will wear mask until the day they die. Good for them.

Old 06-16-2021, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Ok, so these people will wear mask until the day they die. Good for them.
If/when COVID completely disappears AND is not replaced by another serious widespread airborne concern, the masks will eventually, gradually be seen less. But for now, given what we're just coming out of, it makes all the sense in the world for many to want to stay with them for a while.

Old 06-16-2021, 03:30 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,490,288 times
Quote:
If/when COVID completely disappears AND is not replaced by another serious widespread airborne concern, the masks will eventually, gradually be seen less. But for now, given what we're just coming out of, it makes all the sense in the world for many to want to stay with them for a while.
It will never ever ever completely disappear. And it will most definitely be replaced. That's how it's always been sense beginning of time. People just don't know because they weren't told.
And masks are already going away. At the store today I would say maybe half the shoppers were not wearing masks.

Old 06-16-2021, 03:42 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,488,147 times
Some people appear to be on a mission to, in the words of Scrooge, "reduce the surplus population."
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
I'm naturally vaccinated.
Famous last words:
Quote:
Betsy
Oregon

I have in-laws who don’t think wearing masks and getting vaccines is necessary. These bright spots decided to catch Covid19 on purpose so they could acquire immunity. It almost killed one of them: last October, he had two separate strokes, two cases of severe pneumonia, long-term ventilation, removal of part of the bowel and gall bladder, a tracheotomy, a feeding tube, and more. He was in the hospital for over two months, then in and out of emergency rooms. He is still on oxygen, mostly bed-ridden, and requiring multiple therapists. The financial burden on our family is large and ongoing. I’m sure that the US will be paying long-term disability benefits to many adults with long or chronic COVID-19.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/15/h...gtype=Homepage

Old 06-16-2021, 03:43 PM

Quote:
They're already seen about 90% less now because most people are not crazy science deniers.

No one in their right mind is going to wear a mask for the rest of their lives to provide 1/1000th less chance of getting a virus with a 99.5% survival rate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies