Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2021, 08:29 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,769,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
By the time the election comes around though it will probably be too late. I think we are just about at that point now.
It won't end until every single Central American is living in this country or until all the Democrats are kicked out.

Pick one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2021, 08:31 PM

2,367 posts, read 909,786 times
Drugs, criminals, terrorists can all pass through our borders. That's enough reason to impeach Kamala Harris.

Old 06-10-2021, 08:31 PM

62,970 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver 47 View Post
Build a big fence ? Oh, wait...

No, I didn't vote for Trump. Put away the pitchforks & torches.
No, finish the wall that Trump was building. It was no fence!

Old 06-10-2021, 08:32 PM

3 posts, read 829 times
Quote:
This topic is about the border crisis. Any so-called meddling the U.S. did in countries below our border was over 50 years ago!
People are still affected today. We created this crisis.

Old 06-10-2021, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
It won't end until every single Central American is living in this country or until all the Democrats are kicked out.

Pick one.
At the rate that these migrants are crashing our border daily they'll all be here before the election. We can only hope that with the Republicans replacing these Democrat that they will deport every one of them and slam the border shut.

Old 06-10-2021, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IggityBiggity View Post
People are still affected today. We created this crisis.
Here we go with the blame game again. You are full of BS.

I don't see anywhere in the below link that the U.S. is mentioned.

https://borgenproject.org/10-facts-a...ntral-america/

Old 06-10-2021, 08:38 PM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
They want Fundamental Transformation and the Reset Democrats promise but won't be able to deal with the utterly destructive outcome of that when they take their Tesla and McMansion.

Old 06-10-2021, 08:40 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
I am glad the MAGA crowd is finally realizing trump's wall idea was an expensive absurd failure!

People are climbing over Trump’s $15 billion border wall with $5 ladders

Old 06-10-2021, 08:45 PM

10,106 posts, read 7,771,136 times
Quote:
By the time the election comes around though it will probably be too late. I think we are just about at that point now.
Agree. We don't have time to wait to vote. We need to do something now. It truly is a danger to our security. I'm amazed it's allowed to continue with no one able to stop it or at least slow it down.

This admin wants to destroy the country and it's happening fast and we need to stop it somehow, someway.

Biden/Harris are helping other countries but it is hurting our country. Who is looking out after us? No one.

I don't know enough about what anyone can do either but can't believe this is allowed. I'd wonder if when we get house/senate in 2022 if we could impeach Biden or even kamalllaa for putting our security at risk. Could we impeach and get the border closed again? I have no idea.

I'm sitting here listening to Greg Abbott saying now that TX will finish building the wall themselves. They are so disgusted with what they've had to put up with with not a peep from Kamalllla. They will announce in a few days how they expect to pay for it. I bet if needed they could get tons of materials donated and tons of volunteers if they needed it. A lot of people want this to stop. People from across the country would probably go there to volunteer.

Maybe there is some hope with this.

Old 06-10-2021, 09:05 PM

56 posts, read 43,112 times
There is no way to stop the border crisis, because the wealthy will do anything necessary to maintain control of resources.
So long as billions are kept in poverty in order to continue to enrich the already wealthy, they will try to migrate to areas they consider more desirable for employment and living conditions.

Another reason human migration will not cease is that blacks, mid-eastern, southeast Asian and hispanic peoples greatly out-procreate North American and European caucasians, and they will move into more developed areas no matter what. In North Africa, for example, the mass of the population is male, unmarried, under 35 with only marginal or no employment prospects for betterment of their lot.

If you think they will be stopped by bullets, you are right--few would get through. But which governments, do you think, except maybe Serbia and Hungary, would try that tactic? You can talk tough, but trying to convince an entire nation that such action is necessary is a political conundrum. Most people don't want them, but only a simplistic-thinking minority would want force to be used. Oh, I forgot Belarus--that government would probably use force.

Most Americans do not approve of immigration in great numbers, (unless of course it is Norwegians), but do approve of some immigration, else who would do the landscape work and clean up after our parents and grandparents in nursing homes?

If you dislike the way the government is handling this, write your Congress representatives and ask them to begin taking kids from their parents and lock them in cages again like Trump did. See if that works for the majority of your fellow citizens who by the way are the children and grandchildren of immigrants, (and I include "native Americans," because they crossed the land bridge into North America too.)

There is no solution to human migration. In fact, the greatest migration within the USA was the massive emigration from the southern US to the north central states to work in the steel and auto industries, (all of them, not just manufacturing vehicles but all the other industries which support that.) This occurred after WWII, and it created the largest middle class in history; a middle class that was pretty much wiped out by the deliberate transfer of manufacturing by Nixon who opened up China to trade, to his successors, and notably, to Clinton via NAFTA. Obama wanted a southeast Asian version of NAFTA, but the Democratic congress wouldn't give it to him. Only 13 Democrats voted to fast-track the bill, so it was dead in the water.

This current federal administration does not want citizens distressed about the immigration, because it is used as a political tool by the right to discredit them. However, no matter how much they want to try to satisfy the voters who hate the demographic change, they have little ammunition except, well, ammunition, and they know that once that door is open, all hell will break loose, both here and abroad. The US is quick to use force to attack other countries, but it is quite another matter to un-Constitutionally deploy the military to attack immigrants at the border. In fact, I would expect that this nation would no longer be a Republic if that happened, and that many military personnel would refuse to shoot unarmed people, including many women and children. In fact, now that I think of it, what kind of human thinks that would be okay to do?

You know what? This is about race. The blacks, browns and yellows of this planet far outnumber the whites, and they will eventually prevail no matter what happens, baring a massive worldwide plague that kills off a couple of billion of them.

No human government has successfully warded off immigrants in times of climatic, social, economic and political crisis IF THEY WANTED TO STOP IT. When the USA needed mass immigration from Europe and even China in the far west in order to develop this country, they allowed huge numbers of illiterate and unskilled poor people from just about every nation into the country with open arms. In the 1980's even, Republicans, yes Republicans, pushed through legislation and made speeches on the floor encouraging immigrants, because we needed cheap labor. So now, after the politicians and capitalists gave all the lower-skilled jobs to other nations, we don't need them anymore, right? Except of course for roofers, house painters, custodians, nursing home aides, landscapers, burger flippers, Uber drivers and what have you.

Try to convince an American citizen to assemble commercial fans standing on a concrete floor in a dusty factory eight hours a day. Not too many left for that, my friends....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies