Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2021, 09:40 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,255,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_N View Post
https://www.lifelongadoptions.com/lg...ion-statistics

Around 25,000,000 households in the US with children.

Less than 100,000 same sex couple households with children.

That’s around 0.4%, not really a “fairly common family dynamic”
How many of those families will at one time have 2 mommy’s or 2 daddy’s? Just because they are single parent now, or even traditional with a mommy and a daddy, how many will have 2 adults of the same sex living together as a family at some time during a childhood. My guess is the percentage is much much higher and will continue on trend to be more typical. I look at the families on my block and it is not unusual at all, even if they are single parent now.

Old 06-20-2021, 09:41 AM

15,840 posts, read 6,543,563 times
The percentage of same-sex parents in the US is pretty small: 1.1% of all coupled households. It would probably be more representative to show a single parent family (7%).

How Many Same-Sex Couples in the US are Raising Children?

Ed.: Whoops, I see my comment is redundant.

Old 06-20-2021, 09:41 AM

10,099 posts, read 7,771,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Teaching children about love. Teaching children that their classmate, who has two dads, does not need to be bullied. Teaching children not to hate. Is this what the alt-right considers "liberal media indoctrinating our youths?"

If so, welcome to the alt-right version of America Iranian style.

Children have gotten by fine in the past without it now being thrown in their faces. Are you going to throw sex education on Sesame Street also so they have a healthy sex life? You want Big Bird coming out with his vibrator? You going to teach them about drag queens? We know y'all already want to teach the children how to be racist. Y'all need to leave the children alone and stop trying to brainwash them with your WOKENESS. Leave the children out of your radical lefty politics.

Old 06-20-2021, 09:54 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,546,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Children have gotten by fine in the past without it now being thrown in their faces. Are you going to throw sex education on Sesame Street also so they have a healthy sex life? You want Big Bird coming out with his vibrator? You going to teach them about drag queens? We know y'all already want to teach the children how to be racist. Y'all need to leave the children alone and stop trying to brainwash them with your WOKENESS. Leave the children out of your radical lefty politics.

I was sexualized against my will at the age of five and I vividly remember how simply wrong it felt. Anger, confusion, betrayal by someone I trusted.

I can't imagine that five year olds are much different these days.

Leave the kids alone!

Everyone who feels that it is okay to do this to children wears the face of my abuser and will be perceived as being just as evil.

Old 06-20-2021, 09:54 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
I think your post is a bit dramatic. You are adding a ridiculous narrative, that doesn't exist, to "pump up your argument."

Have children gotten along fine? Is bullying no longer a thing? Any harm in teaching acceptance and love?

Old 06-20-2021, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post

I was sexualized against my will at the age of five and I vividly remember how simply wrong it felt. Anger, confusion, betrayal by someone I trusted.

I can't imagine that five year olds are much different these days.

Leave the kids alone!
Catholic priest?

Old 06-20-2021, 09:58 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,546,892 times
Quote:
Catholic priest?

Family member.

Old 06-20-2021, 10:01 AM

10,178 posts, read 11,166,444 times
Quote:
No more learning Counting, colors, Letters...

They will teach lessons on how to use Pronouns - "They, Them".

Remember, you can't use your Name - only Them, They, It, Birthing Person.

Woke Cult

Old 06-20-2021, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Family member.
Sorry to hear that.

Old 06-20-2021, 10:10 AM

10,099 posts, read 7,771,136 times
Quote:
I think your post is a bit dramatic. You are adding a ridiculous narrative, that doesn't exist, to "pump up your argument."

Have children gotten along fine? Is bullying no longer a thing? Any harm in teaching acceptance and love?
We don't need hollywood teaching children Wokeness. Are they also going to be taught by Big Bird that white children that have 2 white dads will grow up to be white supremacists? lol That sounds bizarre but that's the bizarre country we live in now.

Bullying will always be a thing with young children. Let the parents of children bring them up and not rely on radical left Big Bird on how to be and live. Let parents, in their homes, teach their kids how to love and accept. I just don't trust Hollywood, especially these days, to be in the best interest of children.

I'd probably not allow my kids to watch that show now. I don't think it is what it used to be.

Thank goodness Mr. Rogers didn't have a show during these times. The WOKE would have ruined that also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.