Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2021, 03:30 PM

4,994 posts, read 1,992,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
Something like 500 colleges are coercing their students to get a vaccine that only has an EUA, that is still being investigated for heart problems, and has thousands of reports of deaths and serous issues. Those reports haven't been fully investigated as of yet. And the kids are being mandated. No, I can't explain that other than medical tyranny. My daughter's university had a vaccine mandate.

Anyone who wants the vaccine can get it. The faculty and staff can get vaccinated. The vaccine protects them, so no one should be mandated. Those who are immunocompromised can be given other accommodations for their safety.

The universities should be sued for harm that results from vaccine injury. If a kid ends up with permanent heart damage because they were coerced into taking the shots, the university should compensate for the expenses and damages.

Your freedom does not superseded the freedom of others. If you don't get vaccinated, then you have the choice to choose a different college. A cancer patient has as a right to a COVID free education.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2021, 03:31 PM

4,994 posts, read 1,992,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Long term effects of these type of vaccines are still unknown, and anecdotally I know of a perfectly healthy 18 year old who had to be revived immediately after taking the vaccine, and has been suffering long term heart inflammation since she took it. No way in hell my teenagers are taking the vaccine, and I myself am vaccinated.

If you gave 100,000,000 people one peanut some of them would have medical emergencies.

Old 06-22-2021, 03:33 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,605,343 times
All Oligarchies are strong, all Oligarchies are never strong enough, all Oligarchies always
crave more power and control.

Old 06-22-2021, 03:37 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,255,242 times
I’ll take a guess and say that it has a lot to do with what went on on college campuses last year and not wanting a repeat. Quarantine dorms, limited inclass instructions, campus clinics bombarded, expenses of updating the cafeteria, cancelling of sports, no foreign students, no inperson campus recruiting for internships and jobsIt was a financial and social hardship that they want to minimize.

Old 06-22-2021, 03:40 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
Where were all of these people that have other health issues and are immune-compromised before COVID?
They were always there. Hoping people would get flu shots or get their spawn vaccinated against whooping cough or the like.

Quote:
It's all about risk vs. benefit.
Yep. And eventually vaccine refusers may enjoy the benefits of living in a society with herd immunity - while others ran the risks. So of course they're busily redefining their acts of self-interest as some sort of moral struggle for freedom.

Old 06-22-2021, 03:41 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
All Oligarchies are strong, all Oligarchies are never strong enough, all Oligarchies always
crave more power and control.
Yep, that's it. You broke the case. Dr. Fauci spent 3 decades gaining expertise so he could force you to wear a mask in Wal-Mart.

Old 06-22-2021, 03:44 PM

9,511 posts, read 4,344,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion107 View Post
is it just because the government doesn't want to admit the reality of covid - that the only people at real risk are those very old and/or very sick?

forcing healthy young people to get the covid is beyond insanity. Your chance of dying from covid as a healthy young person is 1 in infinity

the vaccine is much more dangerous to healthy young people than covid is. Why won't anybody admit this?
Your premise is based in misinformation, hyperbole, and irrational hysteria. There's a pandemic going on. I shouldn't have to say anything more.

Old 06-22-2021, 03:51 PM

9,511 posts, read 4,344,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
If you gave 100,000,000 people one peanut some of them would have medical emergencies.

I think you've stumbled onto something. Clearly, when people starting eating peanuts back in the early 1700s, they were laying the groundwork for a multi-century world-wide government conspiracy to take away people's rights. How dare they warn people that some folks can have severe/fatal reactions to eating peanuts! We need to start having violent protests against peanut allergy warning labels. It's government overreach of the worst kind! In the words of anti-masker/vaxxers everywhere: "I knowz mah rights", delivered in an ear piercing banshee wail, made infamous by Karens everywhere.

Old 06-22-2021, 04:10 PM

6,389 posts, read 2,712,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
They were always there. Hoping people would get flu shots or get their spawn vaccinated against whooping cough or the like.

Yep. And eventually vaccine refusers may enjoy the benefits of living in a society with herd immunity - while others ran the risks. So of course they're busily redefining their acts of self-interest as some sort of moral struggle for freedom.
Historically overall only around 40-50% of adults get the flu shot, and in a good year, the flu shot has an overall effectiveness of about 60%(2011), but in some years it has been as low as 10% (2004-2005).

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/2020...he-flu-vaccine

By the logic that immune-compromised and people with health issues are at high risk and we need to do whatever we can. Numbers like this should have sent these people into protective health bunkers decades ago. Yet for some reason, they were able to live and function in a society with all of these insensitive people and ineffective vaccines.

The response is of course..But..But..But..it's COVID and the media has been telling us it is bad for over a year and the government promises that we can get back to "normal" if we could just get people vaccinated.

By the way, Whooping Cough is a Bacterial infection, not a virus caused by the bacterium "Bordetella pertussis".

Old 06-22-2021, 04:14 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
This specific group of people are no more likely to get sick or spread covid than a vaccinated person apparently, who also still get covid but don't get sick and don't spread it. I really don't get the point at all and I would refuse if it was my kids facing this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies