Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is a better country for Conservatives?
U.S. 40 80.00%
U.K. 10 20.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2021, 09:50 PM

26,280 posts, read 19,188,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
The best country for conservatives would Afghanistan, Bhutan, Algeria, Myanmar, Sierra Leon, etc.
Those are not conservative nations with regard to the OP question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yeah...I think you’re on to something.
Only if you don't know what conservativism is with regards to the OP. Conservatism "seeks to promote and to preserve traditional social/economic institutions." The traditions and social institutions of the previously mentioned nations couldn't be farther from those of North America or Europe, generally speaking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Truth, the Islamic/Muslim countries are more conservative than anything in Europe or the Americas now. Probably why the RINO Bush dynasty wanted to destroy those countries and put in their own puppets.
Not the same traditions and social institutions. See above. Our "culture/traditions" is/are profoundly different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisan10 View Post
The U.S. because in the USA we have the Declaration of Independence and US Constitution to protect our rights to life, liberty and property (as long as we fight for it).
Had.

Quote:
We are free, and not property of the government.
Were.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2021, 10:19 PM

56,966 posts, read 35,328,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
There's no difference. You just hide from the thoughtful conservatives in this country, and legacy and social media corporations don't put them in front of you unless you seek them out.

I've tried to have quality discussions with you for YEARS, but once the going gets tough, you get going. I'll give you credit in that you're more sincere than most, though.
You’ve tried to have a discussion with ME? LMAO...I’ve never even heard of you! What are you talking about?

And yeah, there’s a HUGE difference in intelligence between European Conservatives and American Conservatives. European Conservatives are typically smart, well educated and have a broad view of most issues.

American conservatives? You may as well be arguing with a toddler who’s going through a temper tantrum.

Old 06-23-2021, 10:37 PM

18,787 posts, read 7,706,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Define "Conservative".
Looks like no one can answer that question.... or even wants to try.

How can you possibly discuss what is good for "Conservatives" when you can't even agree on what a "Conservative" is?

Old 06-24-2021, 04:02 AM

27,568 posts, read 13,785,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarHero45 View Post
I disagree only because the U.K. conservatives operate more like Moderates or Blue Dogs than the types of Conservatives we have in the USA.

Tulsi Gabbard would probably be considered "Conservative" in the UK but, here, she's considered a moderate Liberal.

The U.S. is in a much better position for conservative governance imho.
There have been traditionally two types of conservatives, the more radical Tory dries of the right of the party, and the more moderate one nation Tories, who are also known as wets.

Boris Johnson is more of a one nation Tory, and he keeps on going on about levelling up society, whilst an example of a Tory dry would be Margaret Thatcher and her monetarist economic policies.

The Conservative Party in the UK has adapted to UK policies, and there is overall consensus on areas such as universal healthcare, and this reflects the consensus in society and among voters on such issues.

Wets and dries - Wikipedia

Old 06-24-2021, 04:27 AM

9,045 posts, read 3,549,258 times
Quote:
We are free, and not property of the government.
Does it follow that you think UK citizens are property of the government? Do you think they have no right to life, liberty and property??

It's odd that so many Americans seem to think these things are protected only in America.

Old 06-24-2021, 04:29 AM

24,913 posts, read 9,670,766 times
Europe is very dangerous for conservatives. Germans are not even allowed to be proud of their nationality outside of soccer.

Old 06-24-2021, 04:36 AM

56,966 posts, read 35,328,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Europe is very dangerous for conservatives. Germans are not even allowed to be proud of their nationality outside of soccer.
No truth to that.

Germans are afraid of patriotism, and for good reason. You should commend people for knowing their own limitations, and not encourage them to ignore them. The Germans know themselves better than YOU know them.

Old 06-24-2021, 04:43 AM

9,045 posts, read 3,549,258 times
Quote:
No truth to that.

Germans are afraid of patriotism, and for good reason. You should commend people for knowing their own limitations, and not encourage them to ignore them. The Germans know themselves better than YOU know them.
I find Germans to be patriotic but they certainly eschew Nationalism.

Last edited by Aussiehoff; 06-24-2021 at 05:38 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 06-24-2021, 04:51 AM

59,532 posts, read 27,680,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarHero45 View Post
Ben Shapiro debated this with someone 3 days ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tp3CmdFJtR4

I say the U.S. by a landslide but how about you?
Who cares?

EVERBODY is entitled t their OWN opinions!

Old 06-24-2021, 07:14 AM

37,951 posts, read 17,963,718 times
Quote:
All I know is that British Conservatives sound like people who know what they’re talking about. They don’t sound like a gaggle of knuckle dragging, provincial hayseeds that hates everyone who’s different from them.

I don’t usually agree much with European conservatives, but they’re a lot more palatable than the ones in my own country.
Lemme make my point clear for the last time: no one from outside of the conservative community can tell me ANYTHING about what’s going on INSIDE the conservative community because you can’t go where I go and talk to the people I can talk to.

I don’t care if I’m addressing the conservative community nearest to you that I’ve never visited before. I know more about it than you do and I have access to places and people there that you don’t have and can never have.

The End.

talk about hypocrisy
https://www.city-data.com/forum/61313109-post133.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies