Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2021, 07:58 AM

35,704 posts, read 21,063,743 times

Advertisements

The culprit was caught. I’m in Fl and all take it very seriously when a police person is hurt or killed . Many of my former colleagues left tamiles to hunt the killer. Many are Dems - so stop putting all people who risk their lives in your convenient boxes -to complain about. You don’t know anything! And when I write A F letter word **** I get suspended from CD. What you b***** about n reality is not always true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2021, 08:13 AM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,334,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
His face is all over the place.

You folks make up stories about the news and make it fit the narrative in your head.

He clearly was identified as a black man who killed a white cop.

He's been caught and charged.

There is no media manipulation -- your bias is manipulating how you see the story.

Type in man killed Daytonna copy and the guy's face is everywhere in all the major media.
The point is that CNN (one of the largest national media outlets in our country and completely biased towards the left) chose not to display a picture of his face. It's fine with me that you don't see manipulation in that, but you're kidding yourself. Me personally, I want to recognize when I'm being manipulated.

Also, I happen to have first hand knowledge of media manipulation in our country. When I worked for the US Marshals Service, we partnered with a local affiliate to advertise a "fugitive of the week". As told by the station, we were only allowed to have one black/minority fugitive per month. So every week other than one, we had to scramble to find a white fugitive we felt important enough to use on the station even though we had tons of black/minority fugitives that were much more dangerous and we desperately wanted off the street.

You're being had. Keep that blindfold fully secured.

Last edited by LakeLifePA; 06-26-2021 at 08:24 AM..

Old 06-26-2021, 08:29 AM

20,343 posts, read 19,934,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
The culprit was caught. I’m in Fl and all take it very seriously when a police person is hurt or killed . Many of my former colleagues left tamiles to hunt the killer. Many are Dems - so stop putting all people who risk their lives in your convenient boxes -to complain about. You don’t know anything! And when I write A F letter word **** I get suspended from CD. What you b***** about n reality is not always true.
Your outrage still doesn't change the premise of the thread as to where some news outlets and civil entities (BART for example) are doing away with identifying physical traits of criminals that ply their trade when their traits are quite obvious.

This is something recent and I don't see where law abiding citizens are all the better for it.

Do you?

Last edited by doc1; 06-26-2021 at 09:52 AM..

Old 06-26-2021, 09:09 AM

2,240 posts, read 1,386,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Lmao, they declined to show his face even when there is an active manhunt for him, but CNN does ask you to provide your email to sign up for their newsletter which is all about race.
I've got to spread some reputation around before giving it to atltechtude again. So, giving you props for this excellent post!

Old 06-26-2021, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizjo View Post
I've got to spread some reputation around before giving it to atltechtude again. So, giving you props for this excellent post!
Gotcha covered.

Old 06-26-2021, 10:23 AM

26,500 posts, read 15,084,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert20170 View Post
The point is that CNN (one of the largest national media outlets in our country and completely biased towards the left) chose not to display a picture of his face. It's fine with me that you don't see manipulation in that, but you're kidding yourself. Me personally, I want to recognize when I'm being manipulated.

Also, I happen to have first hand knowledge of media manipulation in our country. When I worked for the US Marshals Service, we partnered with a local affiliate to advertise a "fugitive of the week". As told by the station, we were only allowed to have one black/minority fugitive per month. So every week other than one, we had to scramble to find a white fugitive we felt important enough to use on the station even though we had tons of black/minority fugitives that were much more dangerous and we desperately wanted off the street.

You're being had. Keep that blindfold fully secured.
If someone posts on this forum they have to know that mainstream media is propaganda for the Democratic narrative. They just don't mind it since they think it is beneficial to their cause, but it is tearing the country apart and driving conservatives to more extreme news sources.

Old 06-26-2021, 10:26 AM

3,811 posts, read 4,694,212 times
And he was arrested taken a live. Liberals and the woke will have to throw this one out of the memory bank because it will def screw up their ideology.

Old 06-26-2021, 10:31 AM

3,226 posts, read 1,606,559 times
Seems like he was being sheltered by the NFAC?

When Wallace was taken into custody, Chief Young said Wallace made a bold statement during his arrest.

"You guys know who I am. You know what I'm capable of and it could have been a lot worse. That was his statement," Chief Young said in the news conference.

https://twitter.com/GovRonDeSantis/s...53359922896896

https://www.fox13news.com/news/fbi-a...police-officer

Old 06-26-2021, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
And he was arrested taken a live. Liberals and the woke will have to throw this one out of the memory bank because it will def screw up their ideology.
No statues or street art named for him.

Old 06-28-2021, 05:51 AM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,334,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
If someone posts on this forum they have to know that mainstream media is propaganda for the Democratic narrative. They just don't mind it since they think it is beneficial to their cause, but it is tearing the country apart and driving conservatives to more extreme news sources.
moneill seems to think this is not the case. He thinks it's some sort of nut job right wing conspiracy theory. You need to recognize that these are the type of ignorant people we're up against.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies