Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2021, 06:08 PM

15,543 posts, read 10,533,079 times

Advertisements

The judge needs to appoint an independent lawyer for the conservatorship. One with a spotless reputation (there are a few left). Anyway, while I was never a fan of her style of music, I always thought she was treated awful. By the industry, the press and so on. I never understood why people piled on, it was sickening. Like someone said before, she is a human being. I believe she may be bi-polar or something, so no doubt she needs help. I vaguely remember her first marriage, which they annulled. That guy knew her before fame and fortune, who knows but he may have been just what she needed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2021, 06:13 PM

6,146 posts, read 4,627,768 times
I agree with much of this post (except for the tangential Hunter Biden and Marxism remarks which seemed out of place) and thought the guardianship situation was an outrageous story when it broke out.

I don't even know that I'd call Britney Spears self absorbed though. I think she probably got pushed into this lifestyle by her parents and has had to deal with a lot, which she may not have actually wished for. She may be a very pleasant person if you knew her, though the things that have happened to her have caused her to feel unsettled, which is understandable.

Old 06-24-2021, 06:14 PM

608 posts, read 240,886 times
Normally I don't follow celebrity news but, this is horrible.

...and if this can happen to somebody with her kind of money it can happen to any of us.

Old 06-24-2021, 06:31 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 19 days ago)

35,670 posts, read 18,040,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriousMaximum View Post
Normally I don't follow celebrity news but, this is horrible.

...and if this can happen to somebody with her kind of money it can happen to any of us.
Conversely, if she were a clerk at Walmart, none of this would be happening to her.

No one would have conservatorship over her, and she would be able to choose her own birth control, and manage her own money, and make a decision if or when she wanted to have therapy or work.

It's just that she's a money tree that's caused all these people to glom on to her and use her for their benefit against her will.

Old 06-24-2021, 06:51 PM

1,443 posts, read 673,990 times
Hopefully the judge and her attorney realize that people are now watching and give the control over her life back to her.

Old 06-24-2021, 06:54 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 19 days ago)

35,670 posts, read 18,040,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny3 View Post
Hopefully the judge and her attorney realize that people are now watching and give the control over her life back to her.
Yes. There's power in just shining the light on injustices to foster change.

Old 06-24-2021, 07:01 PM

35,755 posts, read 21,122,405 times
She had her crazy moment- n want her to pay for it forever. Is she mentally ill? Only reason I would agree on the ball n chain

Old 06-24-2021, 07:07 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,559,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
At a minimum it would be appropriate to adjust the conservatorship arrangement to better fit her preferences, and eliminate any conflicts of interest on the part of the conservator. Right now it just smacks of financial exploitation.
So sad.

Old 06-24-2021, 07:08 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,710,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
This is outrageous, and regardless of the fact that she is a rich, self-absorbed, somewhat erratic celebrity, she should not have birth control forced upon her by a conservator or the courts. Also, what is the legitimate basis for her being under a conservatorship, that would not likely be equally applicable to, say, Hunter Biden.

In fact, the whole idea of appointing a conservator is supposed to be reserved for people who are truly incapable of managing their affairs. It does not appear that Britney Spears is truly incapable, as she continues to work, and perform, and generate millions of dollars in income. Perhaps she would not manage her own affairs very well by many measures, but that is really not all that unusual for a rather large portion of the people in our country, and in our world.

Probably including quite a few people who post here in this forum.

There is something extremely wrong with all of this. This should not be able to happen in our country, unless we really have gone fully fascist/Marxist.

It is time to 'Free Britney Spears!'
That chic was Property of her dad.... WOW!
Government allowed this to happen and if you dig deep enough, involved.

Old 06-24-2021, 07:11 PM

3,606 posts, read 1,664,962 times
Diagnosed mental Illness is a big reason for conservatorships...there will usually be a mental illness test for her to get off of it (normally a lengthy process)..not doing that will make it harder but possibly she can do it since she is a celebrity and has future means to make money (going on tour, etc) if she desires. Pray she has a good financial manager (and good people looking out for her/making sure she stays on meds) if she goes out on her own!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservatorship
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies