Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2021, 07:13 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,526,335 times

Advertisements

The General is following commands. Meh, it's his job...

But I do enjoy his non-ironic invocation of Mao, Marx and Lenin for relativity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2021, 07:14 PM

13,467 posts, read 4,301,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
You realize you did not have eyes on him every hour of his life or career, right?
is not what he read in his civilian life , is what he brings to the mission and the people he has to command for the mission.

Quote:
All skippers in the Navy are not O-6 rank...I do know that. I also know they don't always sit down and discuss all the books they've read with junior personnel. Of course they did not talk about politics with junior personnel...that's verboten anyway.

90% of all skippers in the Navy that I know were 0-6. The smaller units could have a Commander (0-5) as skipper but it was small. Navy rather name them Officer in Charge, especially in detachments.

Quote:
I expect they didn't keep much of a bookshelf on a sub, but the Marine and Navy senior officers I worked for often had stocked bookshelves in their officers, and they did have books about various political systems on their shelves.

I was never on a sub. P-3 Orion Squadron. They call the Navy Aviators officers brown shoes. When they wore their khaki uniforms their leather shoes were brown. In the ships and subs the officers wore black shoes with their khakis. That's one way to separate them. Add their wings on their chests.

We enlisted had many books. That's not my point? The officers or Chiefs (E-7 or above) never brought any of those books to the job. They were all business.

Quote:
I'm perfectly aware that flag officers are not field officers. But all flag officers have been field officers. Okay, so you discount every officer who earns a star as an a$$-kissing politician. That's your opinion. I guess it's your opinion that the military would do fine without them.

once you want to become a flag officer then it's a different ball game and it's mostly a$$ kissing and which politician you know. Not just my opinion but the opinion of many field officers and why some make it only to 0-6 and it has nothing to do about the field but administration and politics back in D.C.

Old 06-24-2021, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The history of the confederacy is in fact taught at West Point, not just military tactics. I am also in fact a Vietnam Veteran, served in the infantry and a better understanding of the people from different backgrounds and races would have gone a long way making better the officers.

No one is talking about taking a vote or discussing politics before a mission, that's just an exaggeration on your part.

When enlisted people join and go to boot camp or basic training it's senior enlisted personnel giving them 95% of the training, maybe more. I only met the skipper of the base during boot camp 3 times. To welcome us and a speech, when we finished training with a congratulation speech and on graduation day parade and another speech.

The Senior enlisted military know that there are all kinds of recruits of different racers and different parts of the states. Their jobs is to break everyone down and re-build them as a military unit for the mission. That's why the military is not for everybody. Instructors understand, that's why Senior enlisted personnel take D.I. school and not all make it.

It's about the chain of command and mission. That's what they trained you in boot camp or basic training. To break your civilian bad habits (their thinking) and built you up for 1 unit that all are bothers and sisters and bleed one. They are not going to let you out of Boot Camp to the Fleet if you can't make the change, they will kick you out. The military and mission is a lot bigger than 1 person, his race or his feelings.

by they way, there are other books for instructors to deal with recruits and change. it's part of their training and job. You as a military can't treat people different by race or have different rules. if you want 1 unit all in one, it must be one.

You talk like you are not from Vietnam. Just coming out of boot camp or basic training and are thrown in war, the unit is very tight, you don't need the skipper speaking about some b.s. book to get the unit tighter or ready.. Everybody in every ranks understands this, you lost me that they need to read these extremists books and "discuss" it to make them a closer unit is a joke.

Old 06-24-2021, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Except that they do discuss the political and moral aspects of the Civil War at West Point. They always have, ever since the war.

If you say so. What's the purpose other than being loyal to the Union is discussing the politics of the civil war for officer cadets? They don't have a lot of time. Not only they have to transition from civilian life to military but they have to learn their jobs when they get to the fleet (Navy) or their branch and lead enlisted personnel which you have to earn their respect by knowing not only your job but theirs.

Old 06-24-2021, 07:56 PM

2,559 posts, read 2,220,712 times
I'm sure that the military tactics employed by Lee, Stuart, Jackson, and Forrest are studied at West Point along with all other historical tacticians. Nathan Bedford Forrest was one of the war's most gifted tacticians despite having no military background.

Old 06-24-2021, 08:00 PM

28,680 posts, read 18,806,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Tell me what lies Rep. Waltz told at the hearing or in any correspondence between him and military officials. Wiley never claimed anything was a lie. All Wiley did was admit he wants to know more about 'white rage' and will rely on anti-white dogma for that information.
Milley and Austin both flatly denied that CRT was being taught in the military.

Old 06-24-2021, 08:17 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,765,220 times
Quote:
The chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Gen. Mark Milley, responded sharply to questions from Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla., on Wednesday about the examination of critical race theory in the U.S. military.

"I've read Mao Zedong. I've read Karl Marx. I've read Lenin. That doesn't make me a communist. So what is wrong with understanding — having some situational understanding about the country for which we are here to defend?" Milley said.
---
"I want to understand white rage, and I'm white, and I want to understand it," he said.
The general's use of "white rage" makes clear that he's not interesting in "examining" critical race theory as he does the writings of Mao. He's a proponent of CRT.

Old 06-24-2021, 08:19 PM

28,680 posts, read 18,806,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Leave politics out of the military.
That's actually what he's doing. He's not the one injecting partisan politics into the military.

Old 06-24-2021, 08:28 PM

31,086 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXstate0fmind View Post
Don't like it much when the other team co-opts your teams strategy?

You do realize that you are doing exactly what you pointed out here and all your deflections and denials don't changed observed reality.

Nice try though
Yea, our Leftist here claiming they are not leftist and just want to keep us enlightened.

It's encouraging to see the vast majority of Americans are skeptical of those who pish CRT as beneficial. As we see here on CD only Leftist and just a few main stream Dems support it.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...ht-our-63.html

Last edited by LS Jaun; 06-24-2021 at 08:40 PM..

Old 06-24-2021, 08:33 PM

78,438 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
He is career military, very intelligent and well read, the contrast of him being in the same room as someone with the intellect of Gaetz is stunning.
I don't doubt that one bit. That being said, the guy knows where his bread is being buttered and said all the right buzz words.

Lol....referencing the capitol riots where there was one heart attack and one protester shot dead as a need to understand some threat for a career military guy?

Sweet baby J, a squad of 10 infantry or marines could have easily stopped that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies