Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2021, 06:29 PM

29,521 posts, read 22,668,047 times

Advertisements

Another viral 'hero' patting herself on the back for inane social media postings.

Let me tell you who I would respect. I would respect a teacher that lamented having to teach critical race theory but not allowed to recite the Pledge of Allegiance.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/teacher-g...184800832.html

Quote:
An Iowa teacher has gone viral after posting a series of TikTok videos where she slammed the state’s recent ban on teaching critical race theory.

“My governor has put into place some ridiculous legislation that many governors across the country have put into place, such as I can’t teach anything divisive, I can’t teach critical race theory, and I can’t teach about racial equity,” Megan Geha, a special education teacher at Des Moines East High School, said in one of the videos.

In subsequent videos, Geha complained that she, as a teacher, can no longer be an activist like she could “in the past.”

“So, teachers, in the past, we’ve been activists, and after this s***show of last year, we really need to stand up and do what’s right for our kids right now,” she said. “This is a call to action, teachers. We really need to stand up and fight for our kids.”

The special education teacher also said she was particularly bothered that she would have to continue reciting the Pledge of Allegiance, a component of the newly signed legislation.

“The other thing that my governor has mandated for next year is that every classroom, it’s mandatory that we all have an American flag, and it is mandatory that we all do the Pledge of Allegiance every morning,” Geha said. “You’re going to be hearing from me a lot next year.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2021, 06:35 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Another viral 'hero' patting herself on the back for inane social media postings.

Let me tell you who I would respect. I would respect a teacher that lamented having to teach critical race theory but not allowed to recite the Pledge of Allegiance.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/teacher-g...184800832.html
She must be a white supremacist and thinks everyone else is. She needs an outlet for her white guilt.

Old 06-25-2021, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooErns View Post
CRT is just a way of explaining how different communities ended up in their current state. How certain economic policies impact different communities etc. That's literally all it is.
No it isn't.. they are teaching children that being born white they are the oppressor and being born black makes them oppressed by whites.

Old 06-25-2021, 06:40 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,919,501 times
Isn't mandating someone say the pledge of allegiance against both freedom of speech and freedom of religion?

Old 06-25-2021, 06:44 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,763,561 times
Is it unreasonable to expect that teachers will not be political activists in their classrooms? No, I don't think it is.

Old 06-25-2021, 06:46 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,763,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BooErns View Post
CRT is just a way of explaining how different communities ended up in their current state. How certain economic policies impact different communities etc. That's literally all it is.
The problem is that it's a very, VERY poor way of explaining these things. That's literally the whole problem.

Old 06-25-2021, 06:46 PM

23,992 posts, read 15,091,790 times
The thing about saying the Pledge every school day for 12-13 years is the kids believe that part about one nation, under God, indivisible with liberty and justice for all. They will make it happen.

Old 06-25-2021, 06:49 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,508,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
She must be a white supremacist and thinks everyone else is. She needs an outlet for her white guilt.
Didn’t you get the memo? White guilt is so 2020. It’s “white rage” now.

Old 06-25-2021, 06:51 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,508,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
No it isn't.. they are teaching children that being born white they are the oppressor and being born black makes them oppressed by whites.
It’s all about getting reparations. That’s the end game.

Old 06-25-2021, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
It’s all about getting reparations. That’s the end game.

The leftists went too far with this one. Many blacks are angry . They don't want their kids to be pigeon holed into thinking they have no chance to succeed in America. This is what they are being taught.

Blacks are getting the short end of the stick again from the democrats. They are the racists and the manipulators of blacks. Always will and always have been the racist party defining people by skin color.

I believe the democrats overstepped themselves and blacks are tired of being called losers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies