Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2021, 12:12 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,608,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Hardly. There simply aren’t that many people who feel as much fury when China is involved compared to when Israel is involved. We see the same thing play out in the U.N. Not a lot of interest in the horrific wrongdoings of numerous countries compared to the targeted venom they feel for Israel. Again, that’s indicative of double standards where Jews are concerned, and has been identified as antisemitism by the State Department.

It’s especially notable that leftists who twist themselves into a pretzel to judge everything possible to be racist (even math!!) twist themselves into a pretzel to deny the State Department’s definition of antisemitism, amd forge full steam ahead with delight.
YOU keep conflating the actions of the State of Israel with Jewish people; they are not one and the same. Let's be clear, what is happening in Tibet is not as bad as what Israel is doing to the Palestinians. More comparable is what China is doing to the Uighers, a horrible human tradgedy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2021, 05:36 AM

35,262 posts, read 17,150,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
YOU keep conflating the actions of the State of Israel with Jewish people; they are not one and the same. Let's be clear, what is happening in Tibet is not as bad as what Israel is doing to the Palestinians. More comparable is what China is doing to the Uighers, a horrible human tradgedy.
Your angst and those of most people seems to be selective when the alleged malefactors are Jewish or at least white. I will have to educate myself on the Uighers but it's just another example of world hypocrisy towards wrongs of countries other than Israel. The Rohyngyas of Myanmar are another, and back in the late sixties it was hard to stir much interest in the Nigerian Muslims deliberate starvation of the Ibo tribespeople of Biafra. Sudan's massacres of fellow Muslims in Darfur and its mistreatment of the Nuba people.

Old 06-27-2021, 05:43 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,526,874 times
Quote:
And YOU keep denying that the lopsided, all-in venomous attacks on Israel when Arab (and other) countries that have done far worse barely capture a passing interest is a double standard indicative of antisemitic attitudes. And that’s thought: the State Department said so,

As I said before, if six children - five white and one black - break teacher’s favorite vase and the teacher goes on a severe scolding of the black kid while showing no interest in the whites, it says something. And teacher’s explanation that “I’m only focused on what the black kid did wrong,” says even more.

Plus, to be fair, the analogy isn’t perfectly analogous. A more apt analogy would be if there were two vases: the white kids grabbed one off teacher’s desk and were tossing the vase back and forth and dropped it, and the black kid tried to catch a falling flowerpot and broke an adjacent vase in the process. Even with that, the teacher ignores the whites, and reams the black.

Old 06-27-2021, 02:37 PM

6,386 posts, read 4,851,297 times
Quote:
Except, it is not true, and it is not government led where incidents occur.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
My entire post was not true?

America didn't boycott South Africa?

I didn't say the government is doing the actual killing. I said they have okayed it.

They are providing compensation for the land seized?

Give us the "real" story since my version is wrong.
You never got back to me. What wasn't true?

BTW: I've spent time in South Africa. Have you?

Old 06-27-2021, 11:41 PM

Quote:
You never got back to me. What wasn't true?

BTW: I've spent time in South Africa. Have you?
The black government has no violent program targeting whites. Quit the BS

Old 06-27-2021, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Hardly. There simply aren’t that many people who feel as much fury when China is involved compared to when Israel is involved. We see the same thing play out in the U.N. Not a lot of interest in the horrific wrongdoings of numerous countries compared to the targeted venom they feel for Israel. Again, that’s indicative of double standards where Jews are concerned, and has been identified as antisemitism by the State Department.

It’s especially notable that leftists who twist themselves into a pretzel to judge everything possible to be racist (even math!!) twist themselves into a pretzel to deny the State Department’s definition of antisemitism, amd forge full steam ahead with delight.
Does it feel good to play the victim? Give it a rest.. you defend Israel's actions as if the Palestinians were not human beings. That game has been played before, with horrific results.

Old 06-28-2021, 12:07 AM

Quote:
The black government has no violent program targeting whites. Quit the BS
The government has explicitly stated that there will be no compensation for land forcibly taken away from white farmers, and that they will not intervene to protect the farmers being killed or driven off of their land. Hence my statement of "open season".

Once again, have you ever even been there? I have, along with about 100 other countries, and possess a degree in Political Science. What are your qualifications to call my words BS?

Let me guess: Somebody told you the real story and that made you an expert?

Last edited by Futuremauian; 06-28-2021 at 12:31 AM.. Reason: Added a line

Old 06-28-2021, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Does it feel good to play the victim? Give it a rest.. you defend Israel's actions as if the Palestinians were not human beings. That game has been played before, with horrific results.
And does it feel good to play someone who keeps going back to attack Israel, even though this thread is about China and Tibet? Thanks for proving the point.

It’s telling how YOU were the one who kept telling the OP to stop bringing up the humanitarian disasters of other countries on the Dump on Israel thread, so he did, and here you are....back to dumping on Israel, the only country run by Jews.

(And just above, you’re defending the government in South Africa allowing blacks to forcibly take land from white farmers. As long as non-Jews are doing it, it’s OK. The different standards you apply when it’s Jews involved is strongly obvious.)

P.S. you ignored my analogy with the six children who broke the vase.

Old 06-28-2021, 12:22 AM

Quote:
And does it feel good to play someone who keeps going back to attack Israel, even though this thread is about China and Tibet? Thanks for proving the point.

It’s telling how YOU were the one who kept telling the OP to stop bringing up the humanitarian disasters of other countries on the Dump on Israel thread, so he did, and here you are....back to dumping on Israel, the only country run by Jews.

Lord save us from liberals.
Quite the bad-ass keyboard warrior isn't he? LOL! (In his own mind anyway.)

Old 06-28-2021, 12:30 AM

Quote:
The government has explicitly stated that there will be no compensation for land forcibly taken away from white farmers, and that they will not intervene to protect the farmers being killed or driven off of their land. Hence my statement of "open season".

Once again, have you ever even been there? What are your qualifications to call my words BS?

Let me guess: Somebody told you the real story and that made you an expert?
The poster to whom you refer doesn’t care when whites are mistreated, or especially when mistreated by blacks. He only cares when Muslims are mistreated, unfairly in his mind, by Jews. If we’ve learned nothing else from this past year, it’s that liberals have certain groups and minorities they defend. And the biggest group they defend is when blacks mistreat whites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies