Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2021, 06:11 AM

8,796 posts, read 5,094,304 times

Advertisements

Gee....Wonder what could make the cops trigger happy. How many cops have been shot? Plus, I am sure there is more to this story. 17 year old out at 3am to fix his car. I am not buying it.

Old 06-27-2021, 06:12 AM

4,994 posts, read 1,996,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
https://www.katv.com/news/local/fami...heriffs-deputy

People on this board often make excuses for police shootings. Especially if the victim is black. Well, this time trigger happy white cop shot a white kid.

Maybe this will be the impetus to reform policing? These guys are out of control, worse than Mexican cops. At least there all you have to worry about is paying the "fine" on the spot, not losing your life.

It is statements like yours which are a big part of the problem. There is no where near enough information to draw any of the conclusions you reached. Most police are hard working people who just want to do their jobs and go home to their families just like most other people.

Old 06-27-2021, 06:13 AM

4,994 posts, read 1,996,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I feel bad for this kid’s family, but they shouldn’t expect too much help from other white folks.

Sure, whites know that there are a lot of rotten ass cops out there who’ll kill you in a minute because they’re incompetent, but because they hate BLM so much and have spent so much time defending the police no matter what the cops do, they can’t NOW be seen as agreeing with the black community about the police. It’s a classic Catch 22.

The cops are now free to treat white people no differently than anyone else because they won’t lose any support. Of course, we all know that they won’t do that, but they could, theoretically.

Nothing much will come of this unless the family can get broad local support. If it were a northern state, I’d be more optimistic. But this is central Arkansas...and it’s full of people with that typical southern conservative authoritarian mind state. The cops are always right in those parts.

A one sided post based on almost no information.

Old 06-27-2021, 06:19 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,268,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
How can you be a regular on this board and still believe the media narrative that cops shoot blacks all the time but rarely shoot whites?
The narrative is that cops have a hard job and they shouldn’t be blamed for shooting and injuring or killing a suspect because they are good people doing a hard job. Did I mention they they have a hard job?. It’s usually ends with- why aren’t you a cop if you think it’s so easy and all cops are quitting because they are blamed when they are just doing this hard job.

Old 06-27-2021, 06:33 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,316,532 times
Quote:

People on this board often make excuses for police shootings. Especially if the victim is black. Well, this time trigger happy white cop shot a white kid.

Maybe this will be the impetus to reform policing? These guys are out of control, worse than Mexican cops. At least there all you have to worry about is paying the "fine" on the spot, not losing your life.
there appears to be much more unknown than known about this tragic incident. And the writing in that article doesn't make much clear.

Old 06-27-2021, 06:35 AM

1,904 posts, read 1,049,643 times
Quote:

Cops shoot Whites at a rate of 3-to-1 (easily).

THE BIGGER Question is; 'Where is the Legacy Media...why aren't they reporting 'unarmed a white male' was killed by Police???'

Old 06-27-2021, 06:37 AM

39,109 posts, read 51,321,770 times
Cops shoot innocent people of every color every day. Any encounter with a cop has to be seen as a life threatening event.

Old 06-27-2021, 06:46 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,316,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
The narrative is that cops have a hard job and they shouldn’t be blamed for shooting and injuring or killing a suspect because they are good people doing a hard job. Did I mention they they have a hard job?. It’s usually ends with- why aren’t you a cop if you think it’s so easy and all cops are quitting because they are blamed when they are just doing this hard job.
I dunno. I've seen ACAB - whether the B stands for Bastards or Bad - but never meaning "Blameless". And I've definitely yet to see ACAI - Innocent.

Old 06-27-2021, 06:50 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,268,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
I dunno. I've seen ACAB - whether the B stands for Bastards or Bad - but never meaning "Blameless". And I've definitely yet to see ACAI - Innocent.
I don’t know what that means. Is that cop speak? They have such a hard job that it needs it’s own language? Regular English won’t do?

Old 06-27-2021, 06:50 AM

7,040 posts, read 2,737,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Cops shoot innocent people of every color every day. Any encounter with a cop has to be seen as a life threatening event.
The solution is not not draw the attention of law enforcement. Obey the law and conduct your business with respect for others and they won't have a reason to look at you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies