Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2021, 10:43 AM

52,271 posts, read 52,700,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Not only is it insulting it's not the complete picture.

Yes, there are some liberals with bleeding hearts who think the American taxpayer can save the world.

But, there are also greedy employers who want cheap labor.

To blame one side without a recognition of the other is to enable the continuation of illegals entering.

It also absolves the congress of their duty to protect the USA and the citizens. The congress needs to set immigration policy and stop leaving it up to the whims of whichever party holds the White House.
People have short memories in some ways. Both parties have been asleep at the wheel for many years on this issue. Trump did a pretty good job of slowing things down, and Biden comes in and just undoes all of that. That's not a partisan thing, it just is. Whether Biden supporters want to admit that or not.

Cheap labor is a major contributor and Carlson took a beating for saying it, but it is also a potential demographic/voter shift done for political purposes, that has to be an element if we're really honest. Create a problem of too many illegals, solve the problem by making them citizens and see if they reward their generosity with new Dem votes. It's not an out there idea really. It would really explain why they are letting Texas just get completely overrun. Texas is one of the last major Red states with a lot of EC votes.

Dilute that down and get it purple at least and the Dems have a pretty good chance at getting or staying in power, more often at least.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2021, 11:13 AM

4,299 posts, read 1,557,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
Have you ever heard of planes flying into Mexico?

Just fly into Mexico and then walk across the border. It's happening all the time. Please pay attention.

Besides, you know what the thread is discussing when it comes to mass migration for the south, so you choose to divert with something different because you want to deflect the attention away from Biden and the Democrat disaster at the border.
Again, Mexico or a specific border is not mentioned (150 countries is specifically mentioned!). Apologies for thinking a little more globally, I didn't walk into the thread thinking "those mexicans are a PIA" like most people here apparently.

Old 06-28-2021, 11:13 AM

20,341 posts, read 19,930,346 times
This told me all I needed to know regarding taxpayer funded benefits for people in this country illegally:

Health Care For Undocumented Immigrants: Where The Candidates Stand | NBC News

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-QP5TBTVhY

Old 06-28-2021, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
This told me all I needed to regarding taxpay funded benefits for people in this country illegally:

Health Care For Undocumented Immigrants: Where The Candidates Stand | NBC News

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-QP5TBTVhY
I saw this live way back and I about crapped my pants.

I couldn't believe what I was watching.

You've got the dumbass VP going to Guatemala or Honduras, whatever, trying to get at the "root cause" of the immigration crisis. How many times in that clip of her did she talk about root cause of the problem.

The root cause is simple, you don't offer freebie handout to people, DUH

Old 06-28-2021, 11:19 AM

1,265 posts, read 445,340 times
Do you keep you doors unlocked at night? What about your vehicle is that unlocked? If not then you should not be opposed to a border fence for the nation.

Old 06-28-2021, 11:20 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,769,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
Again, Mexico or a specific border is not mentioned (150 countries is specifically mentioned!). Apologies for thinking a little more globally, I didn't walk into the thread thinking "those mexicans are a PIA" like most people here apparently.
We don't have a "major" issue with Mexicans illegally coming into this country.

People coming into this country are just traveling through Mexico to get here.

Are you even the least bit educated on this matter?

Old 06-28-2021, 11:28 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
You got to get away from MSM and find out what is really going on. Chinese, African, and many other countries people are coming over the Mexican border.

Old 06-28-2021, 11:50 AM

23,980 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
People have short memories in some ways. Both parties have been asleep at the wheel for many years on this issue. Trump did a pretty good job of slowing things down, and Biden comes in and just undoes all of that. That's not a partisan thing, it just is. Whether Biden supporters want to admit that or not.

Cheap labor is a major contributor and Carlson took a beating for saying it, but it is also a potential demographic/voter shift done for political purposes, that has to be an element if we're really honest. Create a problem of too many illegals, solve the problem by making them citizens and see if they reward their generosity with new Dem votes. It's not an out there idea really. It would really explain why they are letting Texas just get completely overrun. Texas is one of the last major Red states with a lot of EC votes.

Dilute that down and get it purple at least and the Dems have a pretty good chance at getting or staying in power, more often at least.
I'm not understanding your comment about making Texas illegals citizens to benefit democrats? Texas has been run by very conservative democrats, not Anne Richards, or Republicans for the 60 years I've been here, And the employers are not democrats. The vote in presidential years is somewhere around 40-45%D and 55- 60%R.

I don't see Texas turning blue in my lifetime. Liberals don't vote.

Old 06-28-2021, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
I'm not understanding your comment about making Texas illegals citizens to benefit democrats? Texas has been run by very conservative democrats, not Anne Richards, or Republicans for the 60 years I've been here, And the employers are not democrats. The vote in presidential years is somewhere around 40-45%D and 55- 60%R.

I don't see Texas turning blue in my lifetime. Liberals don't vote.
Ca used to be red years ago.

Importing lots of people might shift all of that in Texas.

It's why AZ is going purple, all of the CA folks taking their voting with them.

Texas may shift blue at some point, but I don't want to go too far off topic in relation to the open border subject.

Old 06-28-2021, 12:01 PM

23,980 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I saw this live way back and I about crapped my pants.

I couldn't believe what I was watching.

You've got the dumbass VP going to Guatemala or Honduras, whatever, trying to get at the "root cause" of the immigration crisis. How many times in that clip of her did she talk about root cause of the problem.

The root cause is simple, you don't offer freebie handout to people, DUH
Me, too on the raising of hands during the debate.

Then I remembered illegals already get free healthcare. IIRC, during the Reagan years somebody passed a law that said ERs had to treat anybody who made it through the door.

My county has always been run by conservatives until recently. We have provided free healthcare for illegal expectant mothers since I was a kid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies