Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2021, 04:34 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,295,551 times

Advertisements

Might be time to give up the NFL. I don't even mind what LGBTQ types do in their personal lives I'm just tired of having it thrown in my face all the time. This stuff is not genetically and biologically normal yet they are trying to normalize it. All this stuff will result in the decay of society and culture over time, everything the progressives in the US of A are promoting.

Less screen time in general is healthy for a variety of reasons anyways. Less money to spend trying to find a feed of the games also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2021, 05:42 AM

5,792 posts, read 5,111,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Their words... not mine.

NFL Releases Powerful Video 'FOOTBALL IS GAY'

The NFL is making it clear it stands firmly with the LGBTQ+ community ... releasing a powerful video Monday that featured the message, "Football is gay."

The clip, which is 30 seconds in length, added, "Football is lesbian. Football is beautiful. Football is *****. Football is life."

The messages didn't stop there ... they even went on to say, "Football is transgender" and "Football is bisexual" -- before the video ended with, "Football is for everyone."

To me - all of this is about hurting America. At the end of the day, the people pushing the buttons are trying to wreck the NFL because it generates so much money and business not only for the teams, but the surrounding businesses of food, gifts, hotels & travel, clothing, etc.

It's just another shot to try and take out the country one industry at a time.

If the dude just came and played, and oh by the way - he's gay, there would be little fanfare. Just do your job and play to win. But the strategy from the enemies is to rub everyone's face in this stuff and make it distasteful, and cause division. I guess BLM didn't work, so this is next.
What’s wrong with making it plain to folks that football is for everyone? If you don’t like it you can stop watching the games.

Old 06-29-2021, 05:43 AM

78,433 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Come on really, now what is this big problem with gay football players about? Is it that they are so dang hot looking that it sexually arouses the gay side of some straight pro football fans and they quite highly resent that?
1. This is of course nothing new, gays have been in the NFL forever, just not out. I personally don't care.

2. The old trope about any dissent just being secretly attracted to gays is really played out and bad circular logic. While we may not agree with different religions or cultures, aren't we supposed to embrace diversity or is it only acceptable diversity.

Old 06-29-2021, 06:06 AM

7,928 posts, read 3,475,901 times
The way they pat each other on the behinds I doubt anyone is really surprised.

Old 06-29-2021, 06:10 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
I swear, some of you love making a big deal about nothing.

Old 06-29-2021, 06:11 AM

9,885 posts, read 7,220,605 times
It's a business. "Football is for everyone" is basically saying "give us your money."

Old 06-29-2021, 06:12 AM

2,912 posts, read 1,250,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
What’s wrong with making it plain to folks that football is for everyone? If you don’t like it you can stop watching the games.
It is NOT for everyone. For example: Law abiding citizens with morals. Last season when the NFL went all in emblazoning criminals names on the players helmets.....I did exactly as you suggested. I stopped watching. The NFL is anti-American and 100% OVER for me.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Old 06-29-2021, 06:18 AM

78,433 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
It's a business. "Football is for everyone" is basically saying "give us your money."
Well certainly. The NFL is a for profit business just like GM, Apple or the US congress.

Old 06-29-2021, 06:18 AM

4,868 posts, read 2,676,734 times
why should anyone's sexual preference be a topic for discussion from anyone if it doesn't need to be..

Old 06-29-2021, 06:24 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,392,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I swear, some of you love making a big deal about nothing.
Right? Reps to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
Reps to you! Anyone who is surprised at a for profit business trying to market itself to the widest group of consumers possible simply doesn't realize how capitalism works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies