Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2021, 12:31 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,515,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK736 View Post
I have Iranian family members that still live in Iran who don't agree with it either. And they have friends who feel the same. So again, that's one hell of a broad brush you're using to paint your ignorant comment.
Oh I see ... your personal anecdote somehow trumps mine. Hmm. Ok.

I’m sorry, but I’ll have to pass on your anecdotes in favor of the direct words of Iran’s government officials, and the unadulterated images of its people expressing their hatred of the United States. I have plenty to work with without your defensive lamentations.

Old 06-29-2021, 12:36 PM

17,318 posts, read 12,274,817 times
"They love America, they love our country"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TToFuep9f0E

The Iran We Don't See: A Tour of the Country Where People Love Americans

"Probably no country in the world is more mischaracterized in Western eyes than Iran. Most Americans' perceptions of Iran are limited to images of President Mahmoud Ahmedinejad delivering anti-American speeches and crowds chanting "Death to America!" with the blessing of Supreme Leader Ayatollah Khameini. Yet a 2009 World Public Opinion poll found that 51 percent of Iranians hold a favorable opinion of Americans, a number consistent with other polls, meaning that Americans are more widely liked in Iran than anywhere else in the Middle East. The U.S. favorability rating isn't even that high in U.S. allies India or Turkey, and is two and half times as high as in Egypt. The same survey found that almost two-thirds of Iranians support restoring diplomatic ties with the U.S. (Iranians' view of U.S. leadership is much worse, at 8 percent as of early this year.) But even these figures are likely on the low end of actual sentiment, as many Iranians might fear expressing such views to a strange pollster, out of fear of drawing the suspicion of the authorities, who sometimes monitor e-mails, phone conversations, and other forms of communication."

Old 06-29-2021, 12:37 PM

6,619 posts, read 5,017,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Americans hate Iran because we couldn’t have our way with them. It’s as simple as that. We couldn’t accept their rejection of all the damn detritus that we heaped upon the Iranian people for 25 years.

How dare a group of non-Europeans have the gall to aspire to self determination and and control of their own resources.

Don’t listen to any American saying that it’s because of terrorism, Islamic extremism or tensions with Israel. That’s all Johnny Come Lately crap. The United States STARTED this mess with Iran in 1953, and the Iranians put a stop to western imperialism in their country. For the crime of rejecting our bullying, they’ve now earned our eternal enmity. Nice.

This is how we treat nations that reject us....as long as those nations aren’t European. European nations are allowed to rebuke us and hold us in contempt.

Sad thing is that if you walk the streets of Tehran, you wouldn’t be able to find an Iranian that hates the United States. All the hate comes from this country.
its not even our bullying, the people that we put in charge then not care when they go full psycho, the Shah was a MF'r he would roast people on bed springboards, the people around him told the state dept to do something about him but we just didn't care didn't have the vision, happened with Saddam, happened with the Taliban, if we just say, yea we cant let him go full psycho, it would be a different story.

Old 06-29-2021, 12:38 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,481,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
In another thread right now someone said Carter should have ordered US marines "to do what was necessary" and take out the student protestors at the embassy in Tehran.

This translates to mow them down. Reagan was celebrated for the cruel slaughter of Iranians in a commercial airline.

Where does this black rage towards Iran come from?
If we don`t have enemies ,real or imagined, it will be impossible to justify the War Department`s ridiculous budget. We`ll go to war at the drop of a hat and we`ll drop the hat. Is it just me or does anyone else think we should give up the search for WMDs?

Old 06-29-2021, 12:38 PM

2,479 posts, read 2,216,223 times
Default This post has the same validity as asking ...

Quote:
In another thread right now someone said Carter should have ordered US marines "to do what was necessary" and take out the student protestors at the embassy in Tehran.

This translates to mow them down. Reagan was celebrated for the cruel slaughter of Iranians in a commercial airline.

This post has the same validity as asking can my grandma beat up yr grandma? The American and Iranian populace are NOT at war nor do they dislike the other. YOU poster may do, but don't try to say we all do.

Just not true you big fibber.

Old 06-29-2021, 12:42 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,515,740 times
I don’t like countries whose terrorist-sponsoring governments yell “Death to America!”

But that’s just me.

Old 06-29-2021, 12:42 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,481,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Yeah these people have no clue. They are blinded by "Hate America" and "Race Bait at all Costs" liberal theocracy.

It's nuts.
After all the bombs we unloaded on them they still "Hate America". Go figure.

Old 06-29-2021, 12:49 PM

30,449 posts, read 19,211,902 times
Quote:

I could ask the Iranians the same question, why are their students actually taught to hate Americans and chant "death to America (along with our Left BTW)?

I do agree that we should make more strides towards having better relations with Iran as long as they stop teaching their citizenry to hate Americans.

Old 06-29-2021, 12:50 PM

17,318 posts, read 12,274,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I don’t like countries whose terrorist-sponsoring governments yell “Death to America!”

But that’s just me.
Possible to not like a government, but not hate its people. Especially when a majority of said people disapprove of the government.

Old 06-29-2021, 12:53 PM

1,663 posts, read 878,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
It's not exclusive to Iran. We had people calling to nuke Hanoi. And nobody ever mentions the hundreds of thousands of Iraqis that were killed in the two Gulf wars. Non-westerners are not people.
And some leftists don't seem to understand that if Iraq hadn't stupidly invaded Kuwait, there would have been no Gulf wars. And no dead Iraqis.

And to the original question, I don't know anyone who hates the Iranian people. The Iranian government, or it's policies more specifically, is absolutely another matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies