Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2021, 11:01 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,957,790 times

Advertisements

Funny how so many conservatives have an interest in women's sports now after decades of telling us to stick to aerobics because developing muscle mass would make us 'look like a man'.

And former college athlete here. No one's got a right to be a champion or be on a wining team; no one's got a right to an athletic scholarship. There is no such thing as perfect fairness when it comes to rules about gender orientation but 'one year of hormones and a testosterone number below X' is as fair as anyone's going to come up with and it's pathetic how thee Republicans are taking an issue that was settled back in the 1970s and using it to try to start a new culture war because they are trying to distract from what a total failure their economic policies really are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2021, 11:14 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,745,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
There are no laws preventing men and women from serving on the same teams as far as I know.

I fact, I remember a couple of years ago, a girl won a law suit to play on the football team.
Boys who feel like girls in high school are required to take testosterone reducing drugs to be on girls sports teams. What should girls be required to do, if anything, before playing with the boys?

Old 07-01-2021, 11:22 PM

8,725 posts, read 7,454,166 times
If there is segregation due to sex, then males should not be playing female sports and vice versa.

Old 07-01-2021, 11:38 PM

35,842 posts, read 21,236,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaIamela View Post
I'll weigh in now.
I believe this WILL rise to the level of the Supreme Court.

I think that if males who choose to be recognized as females, with all the rights and priveleges of females, are GIVEN that recognition by governments, i.e. are so recognized on their Driver Licenses, (altered) Birth Certificates and Passports, they should be treated as females fully and be allowed to compete with all females in sports competitions, scholarships and any 'female only' spaces such as Lesbian festivals, spas, Correctional Institutions, etc.

I also believe that the legal argument vs De Santis will be based on the 'equal protection of the law' clause, of that handy little catch-all 14th amendment, though I am not certain how.
Lawyers are clever creatures so it will be interesting.

I also believe that Scotus will SUSTAIN the law 9-0 and thereby nullify the base assumption that males who 'transition' are full and equal members of the class of adult females... i.e. WOMEN.

And then the whole ideology that advocates for this absurd and scientifically false premise, will come tumbling down like the house of cards that it is.
Where are you getting that it’s “ scientifically false” That’s personal conjecture. The kids show signs before they can spell sex. I had to learn what genetic mosaicism was. It’s so complex all of city data can’t hold the explanations of what can occur in a human being. Now how we chose to treat people who are different, is up to us. Some aren’t very kind are they? But in America, Freedom is for all ~ not just some.

Old 07-02-2021, 01:26 AM

5,657 posts, read 6,262,384 times
I don't think this case will be heard by SCOTUS. They just heard a transgender case this term, so they would want to see some development across circuits before they take up another case regarding trnsgender rights. It seems to me like since the part admiinistration put so much emphasis on the SCOTUS as the means to prtect its interest that a lot of folks have formed an unralistic perspective of the cases it hears. A very large majority of the cases submitted to SCOTUS for review are not taken up by the Court. It simply doesn't have the time to take up every case people want it to hear so they have to be a bit choosy, I don't see as this being one of then given basic statistics and recent decisions.

Old 07-02-2021, 01:37 AM

33,443 posts, read 12,728,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I’m not an expert- I have dealt with genes when my grand was born. It’s very complex stuff. I can say how children are born with issues and abnormalities and maybe things go haywire with the sex issue, but it’s evident things do go wrong. Let the kids be who they are- and help them achieve their best. Why hurt them?

It's unfair to biological females to have to compete against transgender women in most, if not all, athletic activities.

Old 07-02-2021, 01:44 AM

33,443 posts, read 12,728,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaIamela View Post
I'll weigh in now.
I believe this WILL rise to the level of the Supreme Court.

I think that if males who choose to be recognized as females, with all the rights and priveleges of females, are GIVEN that recognition by governments, i.e. are so recognized on their Driver Licenses, (altered) Birth Certificates and Passports, they should be treated as females fully and be allowed to compete with all females in sports competitions, scholarships and any 'female only' spaces such as Lesbian festivals, spas, Correctional Institutions, etc.

I also believe that the legal argument vs De Santis will be based on the 'equal protection of the law' clause, of that handy little catch-all 14th amendment, though I am not certain how.
Lawyers are clever creatures so it will be interesting.

I also believe that Scotus will SUSTAIN the law 9-0 and thereby nullify the base assumption that males who 'transition' are full and equal members of the class of adult females... i.e. WOMEN.

And then the whole ideology that advocates for this absurd and scientifically false premise, will come tumbling down like the house of cards that it is.

Starting later this year (IIRC, re the time frame) U.S. passports will have three such listings....M, F,....and X.

Old 07-02-2021, 02:20 AM

29,639 posts, read 16,661,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Boys who feel like girls in high school are required to take testosterone reducing drugs to be on girls sports teams. What should girls be required to do, if anything, before playing with the boys?
what are you talking about ?

Old 07-02-2021, 02:44 AM

9,048 posts, read 3,548,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
The unspoken truth though is that nobody really thinks people can change their sex and everyone knows there are 2 sexes,
You are correct.

Old 07-02-2021, 03:51 AM

37,195 posts, read 42,388,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
Funny how so many conservatives have an interest in women's sports now after decades of telling us to stick to aerobics because developing muscle mass would make us 'look like a man'.

And former college athlete here. No one's got a right to be a champion or be on a wining team; no one's got a right to an athletic scholarship. There is no such thing as perfect fairness when it comes to rules about gender orientation but 'one year of hormones and a testosterone number below X' is as fair as anyone's going to come up with and it's pathetic how thee Republicans are taking an issue that was settled back in the 1970s and using it to try to start a new culture war because they are trying to distract from what a total failure their economic policies really are.
What are you even talking about? Why are you talking about Republicans when you don't have anything to say on the topic at hand? A girl has a right to win whatever a girls league offers, and shouldn't have to give up their spots to biological males under any circumstances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies