Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 01:33 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I personally would not own up to agreeing with anything this man says for fear of being lumped in with him.
You just answered the question by not answering it.

Quote:
The ONE thing that I really like about Rosie and others like her is she freely admits she has a problem with depression, she freely admits she has problems stemming from family issues. People like O'reilly stand up and try to pass themselves off as something better. Their arrogance is just astounding
Not true. O'Reilly has made corrections when he has made errors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2008, 01:35 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,440,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
You just answered the question by not answering it.

Not true. O'Reilly has made corrections when he has made errors.
I'm not talking about errors, I'm talking about owning the fact that you have a psychiatric problem you take medication for. There is a difference.

There are a FEW issues that I agree with him on however, he is such an embarrassment in what he says, I hate to even own that I have heard him speak.

Old 05-13-2008, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I'm not talking about errors, I'm talking about owning the fact that you have a psychiatric problem you take medication for. There is a difference.
Who has a psychiatric problem?

Quote:
There are a FEW issues that I agree with him on however, he is such an embarrassment in what he says, I hate to even own that I have heard him speak
What is it that he says is an embarrassment? And if you had a TV and talk show, and said (on TV and the radio) thousands of words each week, would always say what you mean, without making any errors?

Old 05-13-2008, 02:16 AM

4,250 posts, read 10,451,903 times
Quote:

What is it that he says is an embarrassment? And if you had a TV and talk show, and said (on TV and the radio) thousands of words each week, would always say what you mean, without making any errors?
What about the fact he was sued for sexual harassment and his little "loofah, falafel discussions?"

Last edited by movin'on; 05-13-2008 at 02:29 AM..

Old 05-13-2008, 03:58 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,479,243 times
I'm not sure there is reason to be encouraged over the fact that so many more people watch Bill O'Reilly than watch Charlie Rose. Not that Charlie Rose is all that good at what he does, but it is therein that the real difference lies. Rose actually wants to put well-informed ideas and opinion in the chair and then put those ideas and opinions on the table for some sensible discussion and examination. O'Reilly has no such intentions.

Old 05-13-2008, 04:53 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,440,752 times
Quote:

Maybe you and I have a different set of morals but I a often offended at the kind of things he says AND I try to avoid hearing him talk because of it. Do I really have to go and find the inevitable site of O'Reilly embarassing statements?

Old 05-13-2008, 05:13 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,065,654 times
He was interviewed last night on tv. I was on the puter so I only heard part of it. But they did show the clip where he blew. He still handled the interview well.

Old 05-13-2008, 06:13 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times
How can a person be "offended at the kind of things he says" AND "try to avoid hearing him talk because of it" at the same time???

We call him the blowhard here,he is actually right in some of what he says but I believe his head is getting a little too big to fit on camera.

Britt Hume handles things much better.

Old 05-13-2008, 07:09 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,640,781 times
This from two decades ago?! Anyway, I suspect Billy O has done alot of honing and fine tuning since last century.

Doesn't matter what anyone here thinks, he remains on top and laughing all the way to the bank. Is what people want to see and hear, or he wouldn't be there. Alot of his "personality" is for ratings and it pays off. I hear he is a passive kitty kat at home and with his friends/family. Most evidently prefer to watch him over the Rosie Loon types.

Old 05-13-2008, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
What about the fact he was sued for sexual harassment and his little "loofah, falafel discussions?"
Oh, yeah... the one who asked for $40 million. Sounds like extortion to me. The same one who quit working for O'Reilly/Fox News to work at another station but then returned.

Regardless, no one said O'Reilly is a perfect human being or a god-like figure. Shall we compare O'Reilly's history with a certain ex-President's? One who is actually accused of rape, not to mention having dozens of affairs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies