Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2021, 05:37 PM

14,232 posts, read 4,601,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
It clearly seems that conditions at that camp need to be improved and the stays there expedited, however I’m still not convinced that the Trump policy of forcing unaccompanied children to remain in Mexico would have been a safer environment for these children.
Trumps policy would discouraged parents from sending their kids with smugglers from making a long dangerous trek if they know their kids won’t get in the US

Unlike this old fool
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2021, 05:40 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,550,060 times
Quote:
It clearly seems that conditions at that camp need to be improved and the stays there expedited, however I’m still not convinced that the Trump policy of forcing unaccompanied children to remain in Mexico would have been a safer environment for these children.

Thus spake the human trafficking apologist, folks.

Children raped to death.

Old 07-02-2021, 05:47 PM

45,591 posts, read 27,215,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
You missed the point the link to "children in cages" provide from the OP is for the Washington Post...
You didn't answer my question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Let's see...

use media on the right - you say not true

use media on the left... I shouldn't use them because I don't believe them

What would you like me to do?

Old 07-02-2021, 05:48 PM

9,990 posts, read 5,691,547 times
Quote:
Their parents agreed as evidenced by the fact of far fewer them up this way when the policy was in effect. Then they were given the green light and the red carpet by the current administration. What you see in this video as the result of this policy shift is probably the NICEST part of their journey up here -- and this administration and their apologists DO. NOT. CARE. Grand-scale child abuse, rape, kidnapping, sold to drug cartels? Who cares, as long as we can import future Democrat voters!

Old 07-02-2021, 06:05 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,770,823 times
Quote:
You missed the point the link to "children in cages" provide from the OP is for the Washington Post...
When I click on it it's a Youtube video of the BBC report. Nothing to do with the Post at all.

Even if it was linked from the Post the BBC video report is still the BBC video report. What difference would it make where the link came from? The video is the real report.

Old 07-02-2021, 06:06 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,770,823 times
Quote:
They are accompanied in Mexico. They are not making the trip through Mexico on their own. They become unaccompanied only after they are in this country.

Biden separating children from their parents and all.

Old 07-03-2021, 08:25 AM

19,232 posts, read 17,105,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
You didn't answer my question.
Then i'll answer it now seeing you didn't get it the first time , I was pointing out the hypocrisy of posters who slam WaPA as the poster child for everything that's wrong with MSM but have no problem with using it when the article supports whatever position they are posting about same as I said in post #21 and you questioned in #29.

Old 07-03-2021, 08:27 AM

19,232 posts, read 17,105,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
When I click on it it's a Youtube video of the BBC report. Nothing to do with the Post at all.

Even if it was linked from the Post the BBC video report is still the BBC video report. What difference would it make where the link came from? The video is the real report.
And my comment was about the link at the bottoms of the OP's post.....

Old 07-03-2021, 08:30 AM

45,591 posts, read 27,215,643 times
Quote:
Then i'll answer it now seeing you didn't get it the first time , I was pointing out the hypocrisy of posters who slam WaPA as the poster child for everything that's wrong with MSM but have no problem with using it when the article supports whatever position they are posting about same as I said in post #21 and you questioned in #29.
I completely understood what you said the first time you said it.

And I am asking you - since I get slammed for using "right-wing" sources, and now you are slamming me for using MSM sources - what sources do you suggest I use that would meet your compliance?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies