Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2021, 05:40 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,861,052 times

Advertisements

My neighbor did not get his second vaccine dose. Partly due to his persistent shoulder pain; partly due to pre-existing original doubts; and significantly due to my scorn about the whole thing during our weekly conversations.

Now I just read that 15 million Americans have skipped their second dose:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...vid19-vaccine/

And the funniest anecdote ever on this subject:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/covi...194816920.html

Quote:
His parents, who are in their 80s, refuse to be vaccinated and have made Morrow and his wife "feel uncomfortable" about their own decision, he says.
Will this be the next big market for pharmaceutical companies and doctors? Anxiety disorders in patients who already got the vaccine (1 or 2 doses) and now have major regrets and fears?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2021, 05:49 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,861,052 times
Also, teens and toddlers, please beware when your time comes.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...ee/7841643002/

Old 07-03-2021, 05:53 PM

45,585 posts, read 27,203,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usernametaken View Post
Also, teens and toddlers, please beware when your time comes.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...ee/7841643002/
The time is now.

MAKE-A-WISH FOUNDATION ANNOUNCES KIDS MUST BE VACCINATED TO RECEIVE WISH

As research regarding the effects of the COVID-19 vaccine among minors continues to develop, Make-a-Wish Foundation CEO Richard Davis announced that the nonprofit organization will be granting wishes only to children and families that have been vaccinated.

Davis established that critically ill children must fulfill the new guideline before applying for the Foundation’s aid: “All Wish participants, including your Wish kid and any siblings, will need to be two weeks past completion of either a one-dose or a two-dose vaccine.”

Old 07-03-2021, 05:55 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,896,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usernametaken View Post
My neighbor did not get his second vaccine dose. Partly due to his persistent shoulder pain; partly due to pre-existing original doubts; and significantly due to my scorn about the whole thing during our weekly conversations.

Now I just read that 15 million Americans have skipped their second dose:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...vid19-vaccine/

And the funniest anecdote ever on this subject:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/covi...194816920.html

Will this be the next big market for pharmaceutical companies and doctors? Anxiety disorders in patients who already got the vaccine (1 or 2 doses) and now have major regrets and fears?
It's possible a lot of idiotic anti vaxxers out there.

Old 07-03-2021, 05:56 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,119,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
The time is now.

As research regarding the effects of the COVID-19 vaccine among minors continues to develop, Make-a-Wish Foundation CEO Richard Davis announced that the nonprofit organization will be granting wishes only to children and families that have been vaccinated.

Davis established that critically ill children must fulfill the new guideline before applying for the Foundation’s aid: “All Wish participants, including your Wish kid and any siblings, will need to be two weeks past completion of either a one-dose or a two-dose vaccine.”
I think I remember hearing somewhere yesterday that they backed off that position. Verify to make sure, though.

Old 07-03-2021, 05:57 PM

35,709 posts, read 21,070,199 times
My opinion is wait a little longer between two. I have to wait 6 weeks because contracted COVID

Old 07-03-2021, 05:59 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,960,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
The time is now.

Well that is not going to work for a lot of these severely ill children. Many of them are immune compromised or too young to get the vaccine. I do agree that their families should be vaccinated, however.

Old 07-03-2021, 06:02 PM

3,606 posts, read 1,659,902 times
Anxiety for myself was about dying from covid (over 600K deaths now in US), suffering long term after effects if surviving, catching it with mild symptoms but having to quarantine for a long 2 weeks, and the high medical costs associated with catching covid. Take care of elderly mom and special needs brother that rely on me...can't afford any of the above scenarios to happen!

So much less anxiety now after we all got both doses and are now fully vaccinated on the road back to normalcy! Thank god for highest efficacy Mrna Pfizer and Moderna vaccines in America! Hope the entire world can get them soon as well and Covid becomes a distant memory!

Old 07-03-2021, 06:07 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,119,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I think I remember hearing somewhere yesterday that they backed off that position. Verify to make sure, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Well that is not going to work for a lot of these severely ill children. Many of them are immune compromised or too young to get the vaccine. I do agree that their families should be vaccinated, however.
Here's a story on it. I haven't watched the video in question, so I'm not saying anything about the accuracy of this article. It reads like a smear piece, so there's likely some sort of untruth in it... Anyway, Make a Wish doesn't seem to have excluded unvaccinated kids.

https://abcnews.go.com/Business/wire...tions-78544104

Old 07-03-2021, 06:38 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,601,623 times
i got first pfizer dose a week ago 65 no known health issues...slight itchiness at injection site thats it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies