Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2021, 06:26 PM

573 posts, read 261,203 times

Advertisements

Who even watches these clowns anymore?

But... I found it amusing Another 'soldout' legacy media channel would be blatantly so 'anti-white' !

Are whites even buying tickets to these games????

They don't stop with just the players,...they do it with their own employees!

I hope she sues the hell out of this spineless gutless cuk CEO !

LINK
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/04/s...ia-taylor.html

Not me I am not watching that crap.

It's MMA and Dana White All American...screw these communist lib*******s.

Old 07-04-2021, 10:03 PM

45,653 posts, read 27,282,625 times
This is quite the scenario going on in Bristol.

This is the world created by an over-emphasis and an unbalanced view on race. There is no room to breathe. People are on edge. And it's total fakeness as speaking freely usually makes someone mad.

I know many don't have access to NYT articles... I need to see if I can find a repost.

Here is the basic scenario.

As the N.B.A. playoffs started in May, the stars of ESPN’s marquee basketball show, “NBA Countdown,” discussed whether they would refuse to appear on it.

They were objecting to a production edict from executives that they believed was issued to benefit a sideline reporter and fellow star, Rachel Nichols, despite comments she had made suggesting that the host of “NBA Countdown,” Maria Taylor, had gotten that job because she is Black. Nichols is white.

In mid-July last year, Nichols was staying at the Coronado Springs Resort at Walt Disney World near Orlando, Fla., confined to her room for seven days because of the N.B.A.’s coronavirus protocols before the season resumed. She had with her a video camera so that she could continue appearing on ESPN shows, primarily “The Jump,” a daily N.B.A. show she has hosted since 2016.

She was having a conversation about being replaced to host the NBA Finals for Maria Taylor who is black. She didn't know her camera was on and said...

“I just want them to go somewhere else — it’s in my contract, by the way; this job is in my contract in writing,” Nichols told Mendelsohn, referring to hosting coverage during the N.B.A. finals a few minutes after saying ESPN was “feeling pressure” about racial diversity.

ESPN employees saw the video on the server and a black woman recorded it on her phone, it got passed around the company, and eventually outside of the company. It was a 20 minute conversation.

In a recording of the video obtained by The New York Times, Nichols and Mendelsohn paused for a moment during the conversation after Nichols said she planned to wait for ESPN’s next move. Mendelsohn, who is white, then said: “I don’t know. I’m exhausted. Between Me Too and Black Lives Matter, I got nothing left.” Nichols then laughed.

Now it's a big mess over there.

This is the environment pushed by the liberal agitators. They aren't exempt from the consequences.

I did think this was funny.

Multiple Black ESPN employees said they told one another after hearing the conversation that it confirmed their suspicions that outwardly supportive white people talk differently behind closed doors.

Of course white people talk differently behind closed doors... just like black people do. Is this a news flash?

But it does indicate that many liberal white folk are just playing along with this race stuff - and it isn't real.

Old 07-04-2021, 10:05 PM

45,653 posts, read 27,282,625 times
Try this for a repost.

A Disparaging Video Prompts Explosive Fallout Within ESPN

Old 07-05-2021, 12:39 AM

1,680 posts, read 1,795,427 times
The news has proven to thrive on unbalanced prose and illustrations.

Strangely the moment said imbalance rains on our parade we cry foul.

We need to get a grip and discontinue the whimpering..such a embarrassment.

As European-Americans our BS should be called into question and exploited.

Our community has the audacity to call people of color out for lack of accountability; yet we're the largest offenders of displaced accountability, terrorism, stupidity, moronic behavior and crime.

Untuck your pants from your socks, meet new people, address the planet without old world views.

Old 07-05-2021, 01:07 AM

1,680 posts, read 1,795,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Strong work.

Non-melanined often appears to equate with weak and insecure.

The pendulum will finally swing and there will be huge communities of exposed and hurt people. Dozens of decades saturated in poor behavior/unjustified politics/misinformation produced the punishments awaiting.

I say good for the men and women of color.

Old 07-05-2021, 02:45 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,602,119 times
Wouldn't watch an NBA game if you paid me. Bunch of cry babies bounding a ball.

Old 07-05-2021, 06:49 AM

22,674 posts, read 24,650,273 times
Is this tactic supposed to make things better between the races????

ESPN is the new CNN.

Old 07-05-2021, 12:23 PM

20,774 posts, read 8,618,847 times
Liberals are in favor of diversity and equality as long as it doesn't negatively affect them. A hard lesson for them to learn is that they will never be Woke enough. The far left is coming for them.

Old 07-05-2021, 12:44 PM

6,751 posts, read 6,754,876 times
The dumb part of all of this is their show can't compete with NBA on TNT, which is 3/4ths Black. It's informative and funny. ESPN's PC garbage leads to stiffly presented conventional thinking. Their NFL pre-game show isn't much better.

Old 07-05-2021, 12:53 PM

33,589 posts, read 18,208,471 times
It is all so black and white today...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies