Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2021, 09:01 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
NBA on TNT is evidence that you don't need to make special rules for us. We have plenty of people that can do the job, and they do it well. And more importantly, they are real with their viewpoints. You may or may not agree - but they are straightforward with their commentary and usually will defend themselves.
Well the NBA has always been a driving force when it comes to inclusion.

TNT realized early on that former NBA players made the best analyst. It isn’t always smooth and there are bumps and gaffes but overall TNT has hit it out the park.

Old 07-06-2021, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
LeBron James PR advisor Mendelsohn said, 'I’m exhausted. Between Me Too and Black Lives Matter,' report shows

The longtime white advisor to Black NBA superstar LeBron James was caught on tape telling a white ESPN reporter, "I'm exhausted. Between Me Too and Black Lives Matter, I got nothing left," a report revealed Sunday.

Mendelsohn apologized for those specific comments in an email to CNBC after being asked about them Sunday.

In his first comments on the statements about Black Lives Matter and Me Too, Mendelsohn told CNBC, "I made a stupid, careless comment rooted in privilege and I am sincerely sorry."

"I shouldn't have said it or even thought it," Mendelsohn said in an email.

The underlined is interesting to me. He shouldn't have thought it? Why? Because he got caught thinking something that the social justice system doesn't like?

I would rather him just be honest with himself rather than be fake - and give him a chance to organically adjust his thinking if he wants to do that. And to be honest, the whole social justice, race equity pressure can be exhausting if you are constantly having to deal with it. That's part of what the constant agitation is supposed to produce.
he is allowed to be exhausted..

but that is a poor excuse IMO and one that is rooted in privilege.

Poor guy is paid handsomely to deal with issues and is too tired. LMAO.

Old 07-06-2021, 09:05 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,983,158 times
To be fair, I find most all TV wildly black for my taste. I am supposed to be in a 71+% majority in this country as a white person, but you would think I am in a minority. Commercials are almost all black or women. I do find it funny in a way. It is like everyone proving they aren't racist. lol. Look everyone we have our tokens. We are mostly black and women. Look! Look!!! lol

Old 07-06-2021, 09:06 AM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The First View Post
Who even watches these clowns anymore?

But... I found it amusing Another 'soldout' legacy media channel would be blatantly so 'anti-white' !

Are whites even buying tickets to these games????

They don't stop with just the players,...they do it with their own employees!

I hope she sues the hell out of this spineless gutless cuk CEO !

LINK
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/04/s...ia-taylor.html

Not me I am not watching that crap.

It's MMA and Dana White All American...screw these communist lib*******s.
Seems Nichols is upset, since she has a contract to do the N.B.A. finals, but ESPN gave her gig to another person, because they had a skin color which provided ESPN with more virtual signaling points.

I have to wonder if Nichols is typical woke leftist, and doesn't like it when her own wokeness starts to affect her personally.

Old 07-06-2021, 09:09 AM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Yup, you can tell from all the Hispanics, Japanese and Filipinos that play in the NBA.

Old 07-06-2021, 09:18 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:

TNT realized early on that former NBA players made the best analyst. It isn’t always smooth and there are bumps and gaffes but overall TNT has hit it out the park.
They also have the freedom to speak their mind... unlike ESPN. Maybe TNT is willing to endure their freedom because they are entertaining in expressing themselves - and they would be worse without them than with them - and they have been there forever.

I think the NBA TV panels aren't too bad either. Not as entertaining, but their commentary is decent. That's probably the training ground for when this cast eventually ends their tenure.

ESPN tries to be like TNT, but hasn't even come close.

Old 07-06-2021, 09:20 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:

Poor excuse for what? Not catering to social justice demands?

It can be exhausting when continually faking your existence - regardless of the pay.

Old 07-06-2021, 10:34 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,430,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPECFRCE View Post
Oppose to your marginalization of the truth with such phrases: pandering/ virtue-signal; work toward understanding we're not so harmless nor blameless.

Accountability fella..simple.

Speak for yourself; I don't do the collective guilt thing.

You should hope your dreams of a color revolution don't come to pass, they usually don't go the way their cheerleaders hope.

Last edited by Absolom; 07-06-2021 at 10:44 AM..

Old 07-06-2021, 10:39 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,430,854 times
Quote:

The rest of us aren't paid handsomely and we're exhausted too.

Old 07-06-2021, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
To be fair, I find most all TV wildly black for my taste. I am supposed to be in a 71+% majority in this country as a white person, but you would think I am in a minority. Commercials are almost all black or women. I do find it funny in a way. It is like everyone proving they aren't racist. lol. Look everyone we have our tokens. We are mostly black and women. Look! Look!!! lol
That is because Black is cool and Black people spend money.

Coke and Pepsi has been selling to white people for a long time. They realized Black dollars also spend just the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies