Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2021, 01:43 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
You can make claims about what would have happened and they may or may not be accurate because things didn't happen that way and there is no way to know.

What we do know is he started from an advantageous position and made the most of it.

A lot pf other people would have pissed away the head start they got in life.

Trump isn't one of them.

Trophy wives, yachts, jets, mansions and billions in the bank don't end up in the hands of dumb asses, even if they start life on third base.
Made the most of an advantageous position? Not even.

He inherited at least $400 million dollars from his father, and i doubt he’s got that much left if his staggering debt is subtracted from his purported net worth.

Kanye West is wealthier than Trump, and didn’t inherit a million dollars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2021, 01:50 PM

19,844 posts, read 12,102,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Made the most of an advantageous position? Not even.

He inherited at least $400 million dollars from his father, and i doubt he’s got that much left if his staggering debt is subtracted from his purported net worth.

Kanye West is wealthier than Trump, and didn’t inherit a million dollars.
Forbes has Kanye at $1.8B.

Old 07-10-2021, 01:54 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Forbes has Kanye at $1.8B.
I don’t believe any report on Trump’s net worth. He wildly inflates his assets, and then threatens to sue publications that call him out on his exaggerations.

Old 07-10-2021, 04:11 PM

5,056 posts, read 3,956,447 times
Even CNN has confessed they are embarrassed by these smarmy Biden family antics:

The President's son has taken up painting and plans to start selling his artwork for prices as high as a half a million dollars. 'It looks terrible,' says CNN Senior Legal Analyst Elie Honig, "and that really matters.'Source: CNN

https://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2021/0...s-concerns.cnn

(Hey CNN, perhaps it not only looks terrible...it is actually terrible. Unless you pretend to believe grifter Hunter suddenly and coincidentally got this painting genius when his father became president.)

Old 07-10-2021, 04:41 PM

19,036 posts, read 27,599,679 times
Donno, but this just tripped me to recall one historical fact. When Stalin died, he left behind NO possessions, as he lived in state owned places. Several pairs of warm underwear, two pairs of boots (mended), one every day trench suite, one parade trench suite, several pairs of socks(mended) and, that was about it.

So ironic. But, speaks of the character.

Old 07-10-2021, 04:49 PM

13,692 posts, read 9,009,247 times
It is a difficult problem, one that goes way back to Richard Nixon's brother, followed by the infamous Billy Carter and his various huckster attempts to make money (including Billy Beer). Even President Carter's mother did her share of cashing in.

Yet, I simply am at a lose of what to do about the Hunter Biden's of the US political world. He is not a federal employee and he does not work at the White House. I can't see any type of 'law' being passed that would be able to reach relatives of politicians (most members of Congress would be against any such attempt, for obvious reasons). I would hope that President Biden is appalled at his son, but who knows?

It is a stick made of poop to wield: you may strike at Biden, only to have poop land on you by those pointing fingers at Mr. Trump and other Presidents.

If someone can propose a Constitutional law that would limit the livelihood of relatives of the President of the United States, I would be interested to read your solution.

Old 07-10-2021, 04:58 PM

23,597 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
It is a difficult problem, one that goes way back to Richard Nixon's brother, followed by the infamous Billy Carter and his various huckster attempts to make money (including Billy Beer). Even President Carter's mother did her share of cashing in.

Yet, I simply am at a lose of what to do about the Hunter Biden's of the US political world. He is not a federal employee and he does not work at the White House. I can't see any type of 'law' being passed that would be able to reach relatives of politicians (most members of Congress would be against any such attempt, for obvious reasons). I would hope that President Biden is appalled at his son, but who knows?

It is a stick made of poop to wield: you may strike at Biden, only to have poop land on you by those pointing fingers at Mr. Trump and other Presidents.

If someone can propose a Constitutional law that would limit the livelihood of relatives of the President of the United States, I would be interested to read your solution.
Even though Biden* makes the claim that he has no idea and receives no money from his sons 'earnings', there is evidence that he not only knows about those things but that he receives money from those things, and there are laws for that....it simply takes those in power to make sure the laws are followed and it seems like they are looking the other way.

Old 07-10-2021, 05:03 PM

7,511 posts, read 4,354,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Even though Biden* makes the claim that he has no idea and receives no money from his sons 'earnings', there is evidence that he not only knows about those things but that he receives money from those things, and there are laws for that....it simply takes those in power to make sure the laws are followed and it seems like they are looking the other way.
Of course they do especially if they have a (D) after their name.

Old 07-10-2021, 05:12 PM

13,692 posts, read 9,009,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
I wish you would cite those laws.

We must remember that Walter Shaub, the director of the Office for Government Ethics, resigned in 2017 after raising ethical concerns with then-President Trump concerning, well, Mr. Trump's activities and the activities of his children and associates.

After Shaub left, another acting chief resigned after engaging in some vague criticism of Mr. Trump. Mr. Trump then selected a person that many praised, but whom literally did nothing about the activities of Trump and associates. People like Ms. Conway could make statements about the election, against the law, but never was cited for it. Ivanka and husband grifted their way to millions.

Like I said: it is a stick made of poop. It may strike its target, but much will land on you.

Old 07-10-2021, 06:04 PM

5,056 posts, read 3,956,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post

There was absolutely no indication that buying a two-dollar six-pack of Billy Beer would get you influence with Jimmy Carter. None.

This art scheme, orchestrated by Hunter, is something else. (We’re talking about a known grifter and Ukrainian energy whiz and 500K+ paintings).

Joe needs to grab the crackhead 51-year old (who suddenly started selling art only when pops was elected prez) and tell him NO! And should speak out publicly against it (unless he is doing a quid pro quo for junior).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies