Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2021, 02:08 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Well since blues states are getting back to normal now whereas red states are still dealing with this pandemic ....I would say blue states did much better.

Yeah, about that....

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...s-us-by-state/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2021, 02:13 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
My greatest concern is the absolute ignorance of the majority of Americans many being blindly led by their misinformation sources.

Old 07-10-2021, 02:17 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,843,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
1. President Kamala
2. Creation of institutional racism as a policy by the Dems
3. President Kamala.
Good thing you're in Australia and don't have to worry about "President Kamala" or the Dems, huh?

Old 07-10-2021, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
1) Climate change

2) Increasing divide among the American people

3) Loss of a true democracy
Absolutely. Other posters have similar concerns.

As for the increasing divide among Americans, I'm also concerned about the increasing incivility, crassness, and anger we see in anything having to do with politics. It's a reflection of the growing divide, which too many people choose to pull into a public social environment.

A person I'm connected with on LinkedIn just posted this picture she took recently somewhere in North Dakota. If you can't read the flag on that truck, it reads, "Fu*% Biden."

If you hate Biden, okay. If you think he's the worst president we've ever had, fine. If, with family and friends, you yell "Fu*$ Biden!" that's totally acceptable.

But to drive around with this obnoxious public display? I'd like to know in what other advanced country we'd see something like this. In what other advanced country are citizens so controlled by their politics?
Attached Thumbnails
So what are your three greatest concerns for the future of the U.S. right now?-image_1323a097-025b-4dc5-81c3-b3d2cb586f3a20210710_150217.jpg  

Old 07-10-2021, 02:42 PM

18,744 posts, read 7,613,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
I'm shocked illegal immigration at the southern border only got one mention now that Trump is no longer president. For mine.
Because since then, the Left is doing many things even worse than that. Illegal border-crashing has fallen to 4th or 5th in people's concerns for the country.

Old 07-10-2021, 02:46 PM

4,512 posts, read 1,864,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Absolutely. Other posters have similar concerns.

As for the increasing divide among Americans, I'm also concerned about the increasing incivility, crassness, and anger we see in anything having to do with politics. It's a reflection of the growing divide, which too many people choose to pull into a public social environment.

A person I'm connected with on LinkedIn just posted this picture she took recently somewhere in North Dakota. If you can't read the flag on that truck, it reads, "Fu*% Biden."

If you hate Biden, okay. If you think he's the worst president we've ever had, fine. If, with family and friends, you yell "Fu*$ Biden!" that's totally acceptable.

But to drive around with this obnoxious public display? I'd like to know in what other advanced country we'd see something like this. In what other advanced country are citizens so controlled by their politics?
Half this country hates the president and will celebrate in the streets the day he dies, regardless of how it happens.

That flag is perfectly fine. Even better is the version of this flag that has has smaller text on the bottom that says “and f*** you for voting for him”

You know what’s an obnoxious public display? Going to the olympics and disrespecting your own countries flag.

Old 07-10-2021, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
Half this country hates the president and will celebrate in the streets the day he dies, regardless of how it happens.

That flag is perfectly fine. Even better is the version of this flag that has has smaller text on the bottom that says “and f*** you for voting for him”

You sound like a miserable, immature individual. I can't stand Trump, but I'd never wish him ill will or "celebrate" his death, "regardless of how it happens."

But your post is a perfect example of the growing incivility I'm talking about. Thank you.

We shouldn't be the least bit surprised by what many people claim is a growing disrespect and incivility among young people toward their elders. If younger people ARE becoming more disrespectful, it's no wonder.

Old 07-10-2021, 02:58 PM

10,473 posts, read 4,042,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
It was a tough choice for me because there are so many to choose from, but mine are:

- Another "Great Depression"

- COVID vaccines being mandatory (and "Big Brother" government in other ways, too)

- Critical Race Theory being taught (directly or indirectly) to children in the lower grades (K-8).

What three things do you most fear for the future of the U.S.?

NOTE: I do not intend to debate anyone about my answers or theirs. However, of course, you are free to elaborate on your choices.
First, the dictatorship that is happening before our eyes and an already bought and paid for judicial system that refuses to hear the cases.

Second, the borders being wide open because this is just inviting dangerous terrorists to come in, as well as the hacking of our computer systems.

Third, the USA is going to see war on it's own soil, either via a civil war breaking out or outside from either the CCP or Russia.

Old 07-10-2021, 03:30 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
1) democrats

2) democrats

3) democrats

Old 07-10-2021, 04:02 PM

23,988 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
I will correct you on that one point. The IFCC set a goal - keep global temperature rise below 2 degrees celsius before the end of the century. It was later stated that if we don't take action in the next 10 years, it will be too late - we'll never make that goal.

That's not saying that life is going to end in 10 years, or 100 years. It doesn't say what will happen if we miss this goal. Just that it takes time to stop or reverse global warming, so with respect to this particular, arbitrary goal, we are at risk. If AOC said anything different she was mistaken.

Thank you. Somehow that part is always skipped, perhaps ignored.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies