Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2021, 06:13 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
It's always been in the USA. The Ku Klux Klan is an Anti-Semitic group. So is the Nation of Islam.
Both Dem groups. Dem US Congresswomen Tlaib and Omar are anti-Semitic. Openly so, in fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2021, 06:15 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I think it got worse before then. Obama and his friendship with Farrakhan? Obama’s anti Semitic family pastor? The antisemitism certainly came through in his dealings with Israel.

And now we have people right in our Congress who make anti Semitic statements and are never called out for it by their fellow democratic colleagues.

Personally, I fear antisemitism in our government more than I do some ignorant, inbred hick wearing an offensive shirt.
All very good points.

Old 07-10-2021, 06:21 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Antisemitism has never (in my long lifetime) been so open and blatant as in the past few years... since the "very fine people on both sides" comment. That seemed to give the bigots some kind of permission to be more open about their hatred. Sometimes I wonder why these anti semites are so afraid of the Jewish people, who make up such a tiny sliver of the world's population.
The motivation to hate Jews is all because they don't believe in Jesus Christ. But I don't care if they don't in this country. It's their religious right not to.

Old 07-10-2021, 11:10 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
LOL! Stripped of her committees by DEMOCRATS. 199 Republicans voted AGAINST sanctioning her. In other words, you have 199 antisemites in your party.

There are 37 Jews in congress, 35 of which are Democrats!

Jewish Senators:
Democrats -- 10
Republicans -- 0

Jewish Representatives
Democrats -- 25
Republicans -- 2

So Republicans, where are you Jews?

I am no fan of Talib or her anti-semitic remarks. However she is vastly outnumbered by Democrat Jews to reign her in. In fact, she has been criticized for antisemitic remarks in the past and she has also apologized for them. https://www.npr.org/2019/02/11/69348...-anti-semitism

So within the Democratic party, I'd say it's under control. Not at all like the vast majority of Republicans who vote against sanctioning an antisemite in their ranks. She's still speaking at Trump rallies for God's sake. And your two token Jews do nothing to combat Republican antisemitism.

And what about George Soros? You ever listen to your party's criticism of him? You guys throw every Jewish stereotype in the book at him, and it's disgusting. It's pure antisemitism, and I don't hear a peep out of anyone on the right complaining about it.

Oh please. Clean up your own mess first. And don't even get me started on all the right-wing white-supremacist groups that show up at your rallies wearing slogans like, "Camp Auchwitz" and "6MWE ". Say what you will about Antifa, at least they're not antisemitic. BLM, maybe, but not in-your-face antisemitism like the radical right.
Point 1, you ignore your party's similar behavior. The democrats refused to condemn antisemitism. Which tells me, it is NOT under control at all. When they cant even condemn antisemitism, that tells me the democratic party is being controlled by the antisemites. Instead, they put out some watered down statement about bigotry in general. And yes, Tlaib apologized, only to make more antisemitic statements.

Point 2, George Soros? Really? You dont think I have heard the same stuff from guys on your side about Sheldon Adelson? When he died, I saw all sorts of antisemitic crap on social media. People expressing how happy they were that the "old Jew died". Those weren't republicans saying that, it was liberals who hated the fact that he financed republican causes.

Point 3, Yeah, the guys who wear those shirts suck. You know who sucks more? The left wing guys that beat up Jews walking down the street at night. The left wing guys who paint swastikas and break windows of synagogues in Brooklyn. They suck more.

Old 07-10-2021, 11:23 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,631 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Knowing it's around and actually seeing it in front of you are two completely different
Our local synagogue has an armed guard at the gated entrance, and has for 20 plus years.

I just can't imagine needing an armed guard at my own church - it really is sad.

Old 07-10-2021, 11:24 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Why would someone NOT expect anti-Semitism in America? Has the guy read any books? This country has historically been rife with anti Semitic behavior.

Dude must be delusional.

Old 07-10-2021, 11:26 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
I think it got worse before then. Obama and his friendship with Farrakhan? Obama’s anti Semitic family pastor? The antisemitism certainly came through in his dealings with Israel.

And now we have people right in our Congress who make anti Semitic statements and are never called out for it by their fellow democratic colleagues.

Personally, I fear antisemitism in our government more than I do some ignorant, inbred hick wearing an offensive shirt.
Obama’s antisemitism with Israel?

I have no recollection of this. I am aware, he made aid contingent on using it to buy military equipment from the US vs the open market. Did I miss something?

Old 07-10-2021, 11:29 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:

Lol...like I just KNEW a “the blacks engineered all this anti Jewish sentiment” comment was coming.

There was no history of anti Semitic behavior before Obama’s presidency. Never.

“The blacks,” eh??

Old 07-10-2021, 11:35 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,956,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Why would someone NOT expect anti-Semitism in America? Has the guy read any books? This country has historically been rife with anti Semitic behavior.

Dude must be delusional.
After WWII, the US and Israel were the 2 countries where Jewish survivors from Europe could find a safe haven. Compared to the rest of the world, the US had very little anti semitism. It was more of a one on one occurrence, a comment here and there. Not like the idiots who marched as a group in Charlottesville a few years ago.

Old 07-10-2021, 11:38 AM

10,457 posts, read 4,040,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/anti...n-khodorkovsky

The last few weeks must become a unifying clarion call for all Americans to keep anti-Semitism incompatible with our way of life

MrsM and I are fortunate enough to 2nd generation Americans. Our grand-parents fled anti-Semitism for freedom here.

With very few exceptions, I have not been exposed to anti-Semetic behavior until recently. What I see, and read, is getting worse.

Just to see the precautions our synagogue is taking is enough to make any American sick

This is an exceptional article, for Jews and Christians alike. Please take the time to read it with an open mind
Thing is, the people that are behind this antisemitism happen to be Jewish themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies