Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2021, 01:37 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times

Advertisements

zhoe and Kackles aren't bright enough to heed their warnings.
Quote:
A growing number of Democrats are ringing the alarm that their party sounds — and acts — too judgmental, too sensitive, too "woke" to large swaths of America.

Why it matters: These Democrats warn that by jamming politically correct terms or new norms down the throats of voters, they risk exacerbating the cultural wars — and inadvertently helping Trumpian candidates.

Top Democrats confide that they're very aware of the danger. Already, we've seen a widespread pullback in the "defund the police" rhetoric.
https://www.axios.com/anti-woke-demo...e8013be66.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2021, 01:47 PM

25,744 posts, read 18,809,520 times
I don't talk politics to people I know very much at all. But I will say that the democrats I know don't feel all that much differently about how horribly wrong this country is going than I do. We can only hope that the fringe leftist slime running the dem party right now continues to alienate huge swaths of what used to be loyalist democrats. Hell, my parents were democrats fifty years ago. My mother has passed, but dad wouldn't vote for a democrat now if you held a gun to his head.

Old 07-10-2021, 01:49 PM

3,749 posts, read 1,443,918 times
You are going to see pushback from Dems and liberals alike.

Old 07-10-2021, 02:46 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times
Inotherwords, what Bill Maher has been saying for months/years. I have a hard time telling if this is the work of billionaire elites or just millennials... because there's so many of them on reddit who adopt the extreme left's positions to the teeth. Who first started indoctrinating them in the college campuses?

Old 07-10-2021, 02:48 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,610,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
zhoe and Kackles aren't bright enough to heed their warnings.

A growing number of Democrats are ringing the alarm that their party sounds — and acts — too judgmental, too sensitive, too "woke" to large swaths of America.

Why it matters: These Democrats warn that by jamming politically correct terms or new norms down the throats of voters, they risk exacerbating the cultural wars — and inadvertently helping Trumpian candidates.

Top Democrats confide that they're very aware of the danger. Already, we've seen a widespread pullback in the "defund the police" rhetoric.

https://www.axios.com/anti-woke-demo...e8013be66.html
I can't help but notice that even the Democrats who are issuing these "warnings" aren't claiming that the things Democrats are doing would be bad for the people or the country.

Only that they things Democrats are doing would turn off voters and make it harder for the Democrats to impose their agenda on people who don't want it.

These people will never, ever get it through their heads that what they are doing is destructive and will damage or even destroy the country. They still believe that what they want, is GOOD for the country, and that they must impose it on the populace whether the populace wants it or not.

Old 07-10-2021, 02:52 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
The term "Woke" is increasingly regarded as negative and undesirable. This is a big change from a few years ago, when it was perceived by the empty headed Democrat left activist crowd as cool, or having a connotation of deeper meaning. Among the larger public, the tide has turned in the usage of this clearly racist term.

Old 07-10-2021, 03:54 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
I can't help but notice that even the Democrats who are issuing these "warnings" aren't claiming that the things Democrats are doing would be bad for the people or the country.

Only that they things Democrats are doing would turn off voters and make it harder for the Democrats to impose their agenda on people who don't want it.

These people will never, ever get it through their heads that what they are doing is destructive and will damage or even destroy the country. They still believe that what they want, is GOOD for the country, and that they must impose it on the populace whether the populace wants it or not.
very true. the fact that woketardedness is so harmful to the entire country is far, far down on their list of concerns, but electoral weakness? that makes at least some of them pay attention...

Old 07-10-2021, 04:24 PM

27,143 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:

Dead on accurate and those noticing this are also those that putting the same in Office.
They have no mirror.

Old 07-10-2021, 04:45 PM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times
Quote:

I truly don't think that they think that these policies are good for the country, but they are only concerned about what will be good for some special interest groups.

Old 07-10-2021, 04:52 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,610,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I truly don't think that they think that these policies are good for the country, but they are only concerned about what will be good for some special interest groups.
Well, they think that their policies are supported by more of their constituents (big mistake, as they will soon find out) including those special interest groups, and so they are more likely to get voted into office.

At which time they will REALLY start laying their plans out for all to see, and that THOSE will be good for the country. They just believe their constituents are too stupid to realize how good their agenda will be for the country, so they have to sneak their plans in and then spring them on us after the votes are counted.

It's just what Biden did, literally on the first day he took office, signing a horde of EOs that he had never told us about during his campaign. Actually, he never really told us much of anything during his campaign.

What these so-called "anti-woke" Democrats are raising an alarm about, is that their constituents are starting to raise objections to the agenda Biden's handlers have been pursuing for the last 5+ months. They're not really surprised at that, after all, their constituents are too stupid to realize how good the Democrats will be for the country. But the "anti-woke" Democrats are merely cautioning that they are pushing a little too hard. Don't reveal what your real plans are, too quickly, or you might have trouble getting through the NEXT election!

Those "anti-woke" Democrats aren't really "anti-woke" at all. They're just "anti-Let'sNotRevealJustHowWokeWeReallyAreTooSoon" Democrats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies