Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2021, 12:39 PM

24,634 posts, read 9,458,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I basically think that they’re mentally stunted conspiracy theorists.
You’re describing black people…
Quote:
Less than a quarter of Black Americans had received their first Covid-19 shot as of June 7 based on available federal data
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...s-biden-491973

How ironic that progressives are insulting the very same people they claim to support: people of color.

Go on, tell us how you really feel about the unvaccinated…

Oh and the updated stats STILL show most blacks are not vaccinated.

Old 07-12-2021, 12:44 PM

866 posts, read 319,900 times
No. I think they are ignorant or just plain stupid.

Old 07-12-2021, 12:46 PM

4,960 posts, read 2,238,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
That is what people on my towns FB page are saying. I personally am not getting the vaccine yet because I had Covid in Nov and as of March had antibodies. Knowing people who had a bad reaction to the vaccine (people who did and didn’t have Covid) I’m not ready to get it yet. I also have allergies to shellfish and eggs and was told I couldn’t get the flu vaccine. Which I don’t. So I am not going to get this one yet. Not sure if or when I will. So that makes me a thoughtless, selfish person? If you are vaccinated why does it matter if I’m not?
I had the flu once when I was 16. Never had it again despite not vaccinating.

I had COVID around New Year's Eve. It wasn't nearly as bad as my flu experience over 30 years before.

My immune system appears to be able to stave off diseases that have low mortality rates and I have deemed there is no need for me to vaccinate.

I think it is selfish of others to attempt to coerce/force vaccination upon healthy individuals because they are frightened or lack healthy immune systems.

Those of us that have had loved ones that were affected by the COVID vaccine, including loss of bodily function and death, will not be forced into vaccination to allay the fears of others.

Old 07-12-2021, 12:53 PM

37,106 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
Why is that relevant, Suzy? Why do you point it out, other than that the results of this particular study go against your narrative?

Do you not understand the way the study was set up? It was a controlled experiment where spread within a household from symptomatic people was measured, and spread within a household from asymptomatic people was also measured, and they found 26x as much spread from symptomatic as asymptomatic.

Is there something I can help make clear to you about this study and its results? Do you disagree that symptomatic people spread far, far more virus on a per-person basis than asymptomatic people? If you don't disagree...then...why the need to comment?
The number of asymptomatic people exceeds the number of symptomatic people. It includes those who are going to develop symptoms but have not yet done it. Asymptomatic people may have as high a viral load as people with symptoms.

https://thorax.bmj.com/content/76/1/61

I gave you a broader based estimate. I really do not care if you believe it or not.

Old 07-12-2021, 01:01 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,722,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Many times vaccine development took a long time because technology took a long time to be invented. The polio vaccine, for example, had to wait until a method was devised to grow virus for it.

Also, studies were done, more funding obtained depending on the results, then the next round of studies, get more money. Not enough for a big study; do small study, get more money. Do more small studies as money is available. Send data to FDA. Wait for approval; might take a while. After approval, make vaccine. Have to have factory to make it. Retool or build one. Finally distribute the vaccine.

With the COVID-19 vaccines there was no waiting on money. Phase 1 and animal studies were done side by side. That means the phase 1 participants did not have the results of animal studies. We should applaud their courage for volunteering anyway. Instead of a small phase 2 study next, a much larger combined phase 2/3 trial was done. Production of vaccine was begun immediately, not waiting for completion of the phase 2/3 trial. (Big financial risk there; if the vaccine fails, it gets trashed. Based on the results of the phase 2/3 studies, emergency use authorization was issued.

For the mRNA vaccines the basic research had been going on for over a decade.

What the COVID-19 vaccines have shown is that, given enough money, it does not take years to produce a new vaccine.

Nope. No chips in any vaccine and Gates has never advocated for them.

Your article looks only at household contacts.

Article June 5, 2021:

https://time.com/5848949/covid-19-asymptomatic-spread/

"In a study published June 3 in the Annals of Internal Medicine, researchers at the Scripps Research Translational Institute reviewed data from 16 different groups of COVID-19 patients from around the world to get a better idea of how many cases of coronavirus can likely be traced to people who spread the virus without ever knowing they were infected. Their conclusion: at minimum, 30%, and more likely 40% to 45%."

The study:

https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/M20-3012

It is relevant when you ask how many who died from COVID-19 would have been dead within a year anyway.

The diagnosis was not "stretched". There is a case definition for COVID-19.

HCQ did not work. HCQ and azithromycin made some people worse due to adverse effects on the heart.

There is no HIV in any of the vaccines used in the US. One based on part of the HIV virus never made it to approval because it could cause a false positive test for HIV.

Misinformation like your claim of 9,000 deaths.

There have not been 9,000 COVID-19 vaccine related deaths in the US.

"Stories" are not data.

More highly educated people are more likely to be vaccinated. "Hospital workers" include everyone from administrators to housekeepers and food service people. It is not doctors who are remaining unvaccinated.

https://www.ama-assn.org/press-cente...ainst-covid-19

June 11, 2021:

"The American Medical Association (AMA) today released a new survey (PDF) among practicing physicians that shows more than 96 percent of surveyed U.S. physicians have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19, with no significant difference in vaccination rates across regions. Of the physicians who are not yet vaccinated, an additional 45 percent do plan to get vaccinated."

That additional 45% will bring the total to about 98%.
You don't know that that is misinformation - for all we know it is as under-reported as total COVID deaths have been over-reported from the start of this nightmare. There are different reports out there. That one came from the article linked on the Mercola site - here's another that reports 5208 deaths through June 7th. To make a major issue of the difference is hair-splitting.

https://covid-101.org/science/how-ma...ne-in-the-u-s/

You are blind to the big picture - that being that this vaccine has killed thousands and will keep killing as long as it is aggressively pushed on a largely naive and trusting public. Those who do so have blood on their hands....because most killed would have a mild case if they got COVID at all. A large portion of the population has already had COVID and recovered, whether they realize it or not.

Don't ask me why I replied to this despite knowing better. A lapse caused by too much time on my hands, but one that won't happen again anytime soon.

Old 07-12-2021, 01:02 PM

4,665 posts, read 4,980,348 times
Quote:
The number of asymptomatic people exceeds the number of symptomatic people. It includes those who are going to develop symptoms but have not yet done it. Asymptomatic people may have as high a viral load as people with symptoms.

https://thorax.bmj.com/content/76/1/61

I gave you a broader based estimate. I really do not care if you believe it or not.
So no, you do not disagree that symptomatic people are, on a per-person basis, much more infectious than asymptomatic people. You misdirect with "may haves" and reference to a "broader based estimate," whatever the hell that is supposed to mean, but you don't disagree with my premise.

Old 07-12-2021, 01:08 PM

24,634 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXstate0fmind View Post
No. I think they are ignorant or just plain stupid.
Oh really?

Quote:
Black and Hispanic people have had persistently lower rates of vaccination compared to their White counterparts across most states.
Quote:
As of July 4, 2021, CDC reported that race/ethnicity was known for 58% of people who had received at least one dose of the vaccine. Among this group, nearly two thirds were White (59%), 9% were Black, 16% were Hispanic, 6% were Asian
https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covi...ace-ethnicity/

I guess progressives love to insult people of color, because we’re the ones largely unvaccinated.

Old 07-12-2021, 01:15 PM

37,106 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
You don't know that that is misinformation - for all we know it is as under-reported as total COVID deaths have been over-reported from the start of this nightmare. There are different reports out there. That one came from the article linked on the Mercola site - here's another that reports 5208 deaths through June 7th. To make a major issue of the difference is hair-splitting.

https://covid-101.org/science/how-ma...ne-in-the-u-s/

You are blind to the big picture - that being that this vaccine has killed thousands and will keep killing as long as it is aggressively pushed on a largely naive and trusting public. Those who do so have blood on their hands....because most killed would have a mild case if they got COVID at all. A large portion of the population has already had COVID and recovered, whether they realize it or not.

Don't ask me why I replied to this despite knowing better. A lapse caused by too much time on my hands, but one that won't happen again anytime soon.
Mercola inflated the number significantly. That is not "hair-splitting". It is frankly lying.

Your own link says, "There are three deaths that appear to be linked to blood clots that occurred after people got the J&J vaccine. Since we now know how to correctly treat people who develop these blood clots, future deaths related to this very rare side effect can be prevented. By way of comparison, getting COVID-19 while unvaccinated poses a grave risk; as of June 14, 2021 more than 599,000 deaths have been attributed to the virus in the US alone.There are three deaths that appear to be linked to blood clots that occurred after people got the J&J vaccine. Since we now know how to correctly treat people who develop these blood clots, future deaths related to this very rare side effect can be prevented. By way of comparison, getting COVID-19 while unvaccinated poses a grave risk; as of June 14, 2021 more than 599,000 deaths have been attributed to the virus in the US alone.

After careful review of the additional data, doctors have decided that there is no evidence at all that the vaccines contributed to the other patient deaths. Nonetheless, the CDC and FDA will continue to investigate every single report of death (and other adverse events) reported to VAERS."

This is the update through July 6:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...se-events.html

"Reports of death after COVID-19 vaccination are rare. More than 331 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from December 14, 2020, through July 6, 2021. During this time, VAERS received 5,946 reports of death (0.0018%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine. FDA requires healthcare providers to report any death after COVID-19 vaccination to VAERS, even if it’s unclear whether the vaccine was the cause. Reports of adverse events to VAERS following vaccination, including deaths, do not necessarily mean that a vaccine caused a health problem. A review of available clinical information, including death certificates, autopsy, and medical records, has not established a causal link to COVID-19 vaccines. However, recent reports indicate a plausible causal relationship between the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine and TTS, a rare and serious adverse event—blood clots with low platelets—which has caused deaths."

Do you really want to use Mercola as a source? He lied, not just about the number of deaths but about the number of reports.

Old 07-12-2021, 01:15 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,722,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Oh really?

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covi...ace-ethnicity/

I guess progressives love to insult people of color, because we’re the ones largely unvaccinated.
You're thinking for yourselves and for that you get my applause.

After the Hank Aaron tragedy, it's amazing that any black person would accept this vaccine.

Old 07-12-2021, 01:16 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
It is relevant when you ask how many who died from COVID-19 would have been dead within a year anyway.
We're talking about individual cases. We're not looking at population level numbers. You think we are, I guess, but we're not. You're wrong. Life expectancy is completely irrelevant to my point.

Quote:
The diagnosis was not "stretched". There is a case definition for COVID-19.
I'm talking about deaths, not cases. Try to keep up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies