Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2021, 02:43 PM

3,537 posts, read 1,335,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
They want less police funding? In Oakland of all places? WTH.
They want some funding that already goes to the police to go into violence prevention programs. It's in some of the non-slanted articles. That's always been the meaning behind defund the police. Redirecting funds into non-militarized activities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2021, 02:44 PM

52,457 posts, read 53,016,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
perhaps you can explain why (obviously black) ilness omar wants to dismantle police departments.
I wonder if the push to dismantle police departments is part of some larger plan to have the jurisdiction and control taken away from the local level and to make law enforcement under the control of the feds.

The left has control of just about every major institution with law enforcement being one of the last hold outs.

Let cities go to hell and sooner or later people will be begging for the feds to step in and help solve the problems and there you have it.

I don't know, stranger things have happened.

Old 07-13-2021, 02:46 PM

17,681 posts, read 16,823,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
It just goes to show how elitist, condescending and ignorantly racist most liberals truly are. That video says it all.

Old 07-13-2021, 03:09 PM

52,457 posts, read 53,016,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
It just goes to show how elitist, condescending and ignorantly racist most liberals truly are. That video says it all.
This vid has been floating around here for awhile now. Love it.

The bigotry of low expectations is the softer side of racism, but it's still there. These dumb white college kids probably don't even really realize just how ignorant they sound. I'm sure in their minds they aren't racist.

CRT is another example of this low expectations bigotry for non-whites.

Old 07-13-2021, 03:25 PM

17,681 posts, read 16,823,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
This vid has been floating around here for awhile now. Love it.

The bigotry of low expectations is the softer side of racism, but it's still there. These dumb white college kids probably don't even really realize just how ignorant they sound. I'm sure in their minds they aren't racist.

CRT is another example of this low expectations bigotry for non-whites.
Every time I hear Biden, Harris or Pelosi talk I cringe.

Old 07-13-2021, 03:49 PM

24,207 posts, read 15,267,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
She speaks for everyone who voted for her and everyone who supports her, which is more than a few people. She also wasn't the only person to call for defunding the police. And then of course there are all of the elected politicians who actually did defund their police departments.
IDK what other communities are doing.

My community, Houston and Harris county just upped their budgets for law enforcement. None of that defund the police here. And they are majority democrats.

But, an acquaintance took early retirement from the HPD after he got caught in a prostitution sting. His forced retirement pay is more than his pay when he was working. Closing in on 125k.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies