Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2021, 06:31 AM

56,966 posts, read 35,355,461 times

Advertisements

Good. The United States Military needs to be more risk averse across the board.

We need to take a few decades off from wars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2021, 06:47 AM

9,892 posts, read 3,457,172 times
Quote:
To fix the original sin of racism, Americans should pass an anti-racist amendment to the U.S. Constitution that enshrines two guiding anti-racist principals: Racial inequity is evidence of racist policy and the different racial groups are equals. The amendment would make unconstitutional racial inequity over a certain threshold, as well as racist ideas by public officials (with “racist ideas” and “public official” clearly defined). It would establish and permanently fund the Department of Anti-racism (DOA) comprised of formally trained experts on racism and no political appointees. The DOA would be responsible for preclearing all local, state and federal public policies to ensure they won’t yield racial inequity, monitor those policies, investigate private racist policies when racial inequity surfaces, and monitor public officials for expressions of racist ideas. The DOA would be empowered with disciplinary tools to wield over and against policymakers and public officials who do not voluntarily change their racist policy and ideas.
Could you imagine? The whole country would look like Baltimore in a week.

Old 07-14-2021, 06:49 AM

9,892 posts, read 3,457,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Navy personnel aren't soldiers, that's the Army. Navy personnel are sailors.

So, women drying their hair is the death knell for military readiness? Interesting take. Please elaborate.
When your premises are wrong, how could elaboration help you?

Old 07-14-2021, 06:58 AM

42,088 posts, read 75,644,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misty108 View Post
When I saw a picture of a women's "soldiers" bathroom on a Navy ship (around 1990) that had built-in hair dryers on the wall, I knew things were going downhill.
Hair dryers are going to bring down the US Navy?

Interesting.

Old 07-14-2021, 07:07 AM

28,336 posts, read 16,490,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
When your premises are wrong, how could elaboration help you?
I succumbed to morbid curiosity.

Old 07-14-2021, 07:08 AM

24,818 posts, read 17,567,386 times
From the posting. "I guarantee you every unit in the Navy is up to speed on their diversity training. I'm sorry that I can't say the same of their ship handling training,' said one recently retired senior enlisted leader."

That is a HOOT and isn't it the truth.

We as a country are becoming so mired in the SJW Woke Racism is Everywhere nonsense that we are falling behind. Does anyone actually think that our enemies are struggling with their identity while they work through these made up social issues? NO they are getting themselves ready for the future. It is laughable that the Generals in China or Russia would be debating the uniforms and bathroom facilities for transgendered soldiers.

It really is crazy how the young people in so many developed countries are working towards real degrees in college while our kids are earning degrees in professional protesting. We are falling behind.

Old 07-14-2021, 07:13 AM

28,336 posts, read 16,490,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
...That is a HOOT and isn't it the truth...

The truth? Possibly.

What we know that it is would be a false choice/dilemma.

https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/.../False-Dilemma

Old 07-14-2021, 07:35 AM

15,382 posts, read 12,720,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Hair dryers are going to bring down the US Navy?

Interesting.
curling irons and lip stick.. enemies of the state.

Old 07-14-2021, 07:37 AM

78,860 posts, read 46,853,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
but they're world-beaters when it comes to 'woke' SJW nonsense..
A scathing new report commissioned by members of Congress has claimed that the Navy's surface warfare forces have systemic training and leadership issues, including a focus on diversity that overshadows basic readiness skills.

The report found that a staggering 94 percent of the subjects believed the recent Naval disasters were 'part of a broader problem in Navy culture or leadership.'

'I guarantee you every unit in the Navy is up to speed on their diversity training. I'm sorry that I can't say the same of their ship handling training,' said one recently retired senior enlisted leader.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...port-says.html

https://www.cotton.senate.gov/imo/me...avy_report.pdf
SAD! This is criminal....
Governments only job, and Biden and company cannot even get that right.

Old 07-15-2021, 05:45 AM

3,729 posts, read 1,778,244 times
Default Biden Destroying the military: Woke’ Navy brass not focused on fighting, winning wars, report says

Boys and girls we’re in big trouble if god forbid we ever get into a major war.

God how miss Trump!!!

Quote:

the Navy is dangerously off course, was overwhelming,” said the authors of the report, retired Rear Admiral Mark Montgomery and retired Marine Corps Lt. Gen. Robert E. Schmidle.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ighting-winni/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies