Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2021, 09:07 PM

4,681 posts, read 5,002,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
I have read that during WWII, the government intruded much more than this. They put rationing on gas, silk and rubber. They put pressure on people to buy war bonds and grow victory gardens. It was a nationwide effort where everyone was encouraged to do their patriotic duty.

Yet Covid-19 has killed many more Americans than died in four years of war. But still we have people not only refusing to help, but expressing outrage just for being asked!
My guy...people were told they weren't allowed to attend church in person for several months...this was last year. And your ass is on here like, "dum dee dum, have you guys heard about when they used to ration silk, that must have been bad." The government intrusion is here now, in 2021. WAKE UP!

Old 07-13-2021, 09:09 PM

7,970 posts, read 9,185,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Open the door? I ain't opening the door. There is a greater than 0.14% chance that someone will be standing there with malicious intent. And if 0.14% chance is worth having an aneurysm over, a greater than 0.14% chance is worth letting the carpetbagger knock until his/her/its knuckles are sore.
Yeah those elderly nurses are real dangerous lol.

My God what a punch of paranoid wusses

Carpetbagger lol. What is it 1870?

Old 07-13-2021, 09:10 PM

10,150 posts, read 7,809,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
Smart governors try to keep their citizens from dying and try to keep health care costs down.

Invasive intruders lol. Head for the hills Myrtle the Jabiban is coming!!
lol. Some people are out of touch with what's really going on. If the elderly needs help they can call on a neighbor, friend, family member to drive them to the local CVS. We don't need the government going door to door. They have other intentions...believe me.

Also who is to say imposters go to the homes of the elderly and pretend to be government officials and then rob them. It's too dangerous to do what they are doing on many levels.

Old 07-13-2021, 09:10 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,678,596 times
Quote:
All these internet tough guys are afraid to open a door to say no to a vaccine. They have to hope their Governor does not allow it.

Do you guys get diarrhea when the Jehova Witnesses knock on your door ?
With them, anything that isn't by Trump is a paranoid conspiracy designed to destroy America and a threat to their very existence.

Old 07-13-2021, 09:11 PM

3,606 posts, read 1,665,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
lol. Some people are out of touch with what's really going on. If the elderly needs help they can call on a neighbor, friend, family member to drive them to the local CVS. We don't need the government going door to door. They have other intentions...believe me.

Some elderly are all alone as well as some impoverished people with no means of getting to CVS...door to door will help in some instances...

Old 07-13-2021, 09:12 PM

7,970 posts, read 9,185,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
This should be good. What are the other intentions do they have? To depopulate?

Covid itself did a good job of that with 600k dead.

Old 07-13-2021, 09:12 PM

19,869 posts, read 9,424,417 times
Quote:
Uhhhh.

I believe the video was a parody. Of course, parodies only work if there is an element in truth in them, which in this case there is.
I think the person who replied to my post was referring to the quote from the NEWS link, not the video. To repeat, YES, they are armed and will give injections "on the spot". To repeat the link and quote:

https://www.wcnc.com/article/news/he...0-a70a20f7491a

From the above link (and PLEASE watch the video!):

QUOTE, my italics:

"Community outreach groups have been canvassing certain neighborhoods for a few months now, educating and encouraging people to get vaccinated. On Monday, health department workers armed with COVID-19 vaccines joined to make it easy and convenient to get a shot right at home.

“Now that the health department is actually coming out with us, we miss that middle step. Now, would you like to get a shot? Yes. We've got somebody right here on site,” Dawkins said."
END QUOTE

And to just ADD to what I posted before and to reply to another poster, what I am ALSO concerned about (and what I posted before) was a concern for the very elderly and/or "intelligence challenged" who could be coerced into taking an injection about which they truly did not understand all the possible risks.

Please note that I am NOT saying that I know what those risks actually are, however -- which is why I personally have chosen not to take it along with the FACT that the CDC has repeatedly lied and the fact that there is no long-term history. All this "You MUST take the vaccine" kind of talk is only making me even more wary than I was back in December when the vaccines were just announced.

And to all those who are trying to bully and/or guilt us COVID vaccine resisters -- NEWSFLASH -- you are NOT helping your cause by using those kind of tactics!

Old 07-13-2021, 09:15 PM

19,869 posts, read 9,424,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
I have read that during WWII, the government intruded much more than this. They put rationing on gas, silk and rubber. They put pressure on people to buy war bonds and grow victory gardens. It was a nationwide effort where everyone was encouraged to do their patriotic duty.

Yet Covid-19 has killed many more Americans than died in four years of war. But still we have people not only refusing to help, but expressing outrage just for being asked!
Sorry, but that is without doubt the most ridiculous argument I have heard. Rationing and making sacrifices that do not put one's life or health at risk is in NO WAY comparable to making sacrifices like reducing the use of gas, silk, rubber, and sugar! Really, I know you can come up with a better argument that that!

Old 07-13-2021, 09:16 PM

8,183 posts, read 6,944,193 times
Quote:
Uhhhh.

I believe the video was a parody. Of course, parodies only work if there is an element in truth in them, which in this case there is.
No, I wasn't responding to the JP video.... Go back and re-read the post I quoted:

This:

Quote:
Originally posted by katharsis
now, what was "laughable" is now a reality: https://www.wcnc.com/article/news/he...0-a70a20f7491a
!!

Last edited by .sparrow.; 07-13-2021 at 09:19 PM.. Reason: to add the name to the quote.

Old 07-13-2021, 09:17 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,928,306 times
Quote:
Smart governors try to keep their citizens from dying and try to keep health care costs down.

Invasive intruders lol. Head for the hills Myrtle the Jabiban is coming!!
Which is why they don’t need people going door to door, they made sure that the vaccines are available.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies