Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2021, 10:38 AM

24,642 posts, read 9,468,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
But IMO only relatively stupid as compared to so many of our own people duped into believing the vaccines are the work of Satan and the virus only the sniffles.
Just blame Trump and Facebook.

The only people duped here were Biden supporters who thought Biden was going to end covid like it was a piece of cake. He ran on beating covid as European cases were surging, as if our old fart President knew something other countries didn’t know.

50% of American are not vaccinated, and those who are vaccinated are still spreading it.

But don’t listen to me, listen to Biden. The vaccine makes you immortal.
Quote:
BIDEN: “If you’re vaccinated, you’re not going to be hospitalized, you’re not going to be in the IC unit, and you’re not going to die.”
https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden...4143e2ae9a0211

Old 07-24-2021, 11:39 AM

18,802 posts, read 8,477,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Just blame Trump and Facebook.

The only people duped here were Biden supporters who thought Biden was going to end covid like it was a piece of cake. He ran on beating covid as European cases were surging, as if our old fart President knew something other countries didn’t know.

50% of American are not vaccinated, and those who are vaccinated are still spreading it.

But don’t listen to me, listen to Biden. The vaccine makes you immortal.

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden...4143e2ae9a0211
I know of no liberal, Dem or Biden supporter ever saying that ending the Pandemic would be quick, easy and simple. But I know few liberals and don't frequent liberal blogs and forums. And I no longer see patients.

By and large if you have been vaccinated, and you do get infected, you will most likely not develop severe Covid 19 or worse. That is the message. And for those of high risk it is a very important one! But there are no guarantees for anyone, and that has been repeated incessantly along with the vaccines.

Old 07-24-2021, 03:44 PM

6,005 posts, read 3,739,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Where do you find me as uniformed? The reason I am here is to inform others about the medical facts, opinions and recommendations.
One of the ways was in your post a few pages back where you had no idea that over half the country had already been vaccinated with the covid vaccine. This fact, plus the fact that many millions of Americans have already had the virus and recovered and built up natural immunity to the virus gives us well over 50% of American who have a considerable immunity to the virus.

When I stated the above fact about over 50% of Americans having immunity to the virus, you stated in effect that you didn't believe me and asked me to prove it. I wasn't the only one who caught you in this obviously uninformed state because a couple other posters called you to task for it too.

Now, would you like me to go back and prove how uninformed you are about basic Covid data or will you now admit what is in black and white on this very forum?

And, as I said, this isn't the only thing. It's but one of many, but perhaps the clearest, indication that you are just blowing smoke.

Old 07-24-2021, 05:01 PM

18,802 posts, read 8,477,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
One of the ways was in your post a few pages back where you had no idea that over half the country had already been vaccinated with the covid vaccine. This fact, plus the fact that many millions of Americans have already had the virus and recovered and built up natural immunity to the virus gives us well over 50% of American who have a considerable immunity to the virus.

When I stated the above fact about over 50% of Americans having immunity to the virus, you stated in effect that you didn't believe me and asked me to prove it. I wasn't the only one who caught you in this obviously uninformed state because a couple other posters called you to task for it too.

Now, would you like me to go back and prove how uninformed you are about basic Covid data or will you now admit what is in black and white on this very forum?

And, as I said, this isn't the only thing. It's but one of many, but perhaps the clearest, indication that you are just blowing smoke.
Where I live we have some of the lowest vaccination numbers, 38%. Of course I want the whole nation who can, vaccinate.

Of course many millions of Americans have had the infection.

34M cases so far.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...iew/index.html

49% 162M vaccinated. (less than half)

https://www.google.com/search?q=perc...4dUDCA4&uact=5

16M recovered.

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-...irus-recovered

What percent or numbers cross over between these groups? How many cases have also been vaccinated?
How many recovered have been vaccinated? How many of the cases are also on the recovered list?

I guess you didn't know that half of the country was not vaccinated. But it's close enough in my book.

I will agree with you that our majority now finally has some immunity.

We are getting there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies