Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2021, 12:07 PM

23,986 posts, read 15,086,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
anyone that's paid attention to illegal immigration topics is already well-aware of your "100% hell no, send them all back" stance.

We're allowed to have our own opinions. And whether it pains you immeasurably or not, your position is way in the minority.
Some forget that the crew who wants all illegals sent home are not wiling to pay for it or even know what it would cost in time and money.

They also gladly accepted the contributions to a political party that was earned by businesses using illegal labor. Just check out the donations from Texas home builders.

My governor wants to use tax money to build a wall. But will not pass e verify or license contractors. The university did a study and discovered 1/2 the contractors inTexas are illegal. Seems rectifying that would be easier and cheaper than building a wall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2021, 12:25 PM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Why can't they use that education to benefit their own countries, improving them and thereby ending the mass exodus to the US? That would be a huge WIN/WIN for everyone!
Agreed. Obviously their countries need the benefit of educated people. It's not like we have a shortage of Americans who are educated. Also, we don't need these DACAs competing for jobs and resources against Americans. Why would they want to remain here while their parents are deported? What happened to the great family values they claim to have? I see the writing on the wall even though these DACA supporters don't seem to or are denying it. You know damned well their parents would be legalized next with the whining and gnashing of teeth about "the separation of families" thingy. Next would be the rest of the illegals here if the Democrats get their way.

Old 07-17-2021, 12:47 PM

14,232 posts, read 4,596,290 times
I said this years ago that DACA is an illegal EO. I am surprised it took federal court this long to say that DACA is illegal.

Old 07-17-2021, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
I agree with the policy of DACA for the reasons expressed above, but accomplishing it by executive order has always been the wrong was to go about it. In some ways it victimized the DACA recipients again since it has left their legal status up in the air ever since. I truly feel for them. Like noted above and in other spots in this thread, these are not people that elected to break the law

Yet, we have leftists here who think ALL white people should pay up because SOME white people were slave owners over a hundred years ago

Old 07-17-2021, 01:01 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Yet, we have leftists here who think ALL white people should pay up because SOME white people were slave owners over a hundred years ago
Could those White people make citizens of their Slaves, after the Union was formed, 1787 - 1789?

Old 07-17-2021, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Could those White people make citizens of their Slaves, after the Union was formed, 1787 - 1789?
You post some stupid random crap that makes zero sense. Are you off your meds again?

Old 07-17-2021, 01:33 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
You post some stupid random crap that makes zero sense. Are you off your meds again?
Speaks to their freedom of choice and State rights to those who held slaves --- perhaps your meds are keeping you from reason.

"Yet, we have leftists here who think ALL white people should pay up because SOME white people were slave owners over a hundred years ago."

Did the States have a choice?

They can not make an immigrant legal today, could they make the slaves legal then?

Old 07-17-2021, 02:01 PM

316 posts, read 131,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
It is not as simple as that. They would then have to leave the country, apply and hope for the best, possibly the visa lottery (do they still do that)?

I am not pretending this is an easy situation, but I find myself incapable of not recognizing that these people who were brought here as children - not their choice - and established lives here are in a horrible position. It's easy for someone to say, well just start the process, but that means leaving the country you have lived in essentially your whole life, for possibly years and maybe never getting an immigrant visa. It isn't as simple as just apply, go through a background check, and you receive an immigrant visa.

I find re-establishing my life in a new state hard enough, and that's by choice.

Again, I understand this is not an easy issue, but I really have a hard time not feeling for these young people and thinking that they have gotten the short end of the stick.
This argument is baloney. Their parents, illegal immigrants, are able to thrive in country of which they do not know the customs, language, laws, etc. Through out history people have moved to foreign lands and been capable of surviving. DACAs will be just fine going home.

You would think those countries governments are welcoming them back with opens arms, being that they're educated in the US and will be contributors to their society. You would think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Some forget that the crew who wants all illegals sent home are not wiling to pay for it or even know what it would cost in time and money.

They also gladly accepted the contributions to a political party that was earned by businesses using illegal labor. Just check out the donations from Texas home builders.

My governor wants to use tax money to build a wall. But will not pass e verify or license contractors. The university did a study and discovered 1/2 the contractors inTexas are illegal. Seems rectifying that would be easier and cheaper than building a wall.
OK, being that you know the real issue, did you write your local government telling them to implement these laws? Did you vote for the candidate wanting to do this?

Old 07-17-2021, 02:57 PM

21,939 posts, read 9,508,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
About 75% of Americans want a Balanced Budget Amendment, preventing the Federal Government from deficit spending except in the most extreme of emergencies. The Federal government refuses to do this.
About 70% of Americans want the government to do a lot more to stop illegal immigration. The Federal government has never delivered on this and has obstructed endlessly.

How many more things can we list where the American People want X and the federal government refuses to deliver? Seems to happen a lot.
About that percent supports voter ID so....

Old 07-17-2021, 03:57 PM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
It would be a lot cheaper to pay for illegals to be sent home than allowing them to remain here.

Both Republicans and Democrats use cheap, illegal labor. Stop the BS that it's only Republicans that do!

If Texas builds their wall most illegals won't be able to get into their state to work so I'm not getting the point. E-verify will not stop the employers from paying their illegal workers in cash either, thus the wall. The employers do need to be held accountable but that's no reason to stop building the wall! Criminals, drug runners and terrorists aren't looking for work either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies