Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2021, 02:03 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,152,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Anecdotal evidence has suddenly taken on enormous value, in the minds of the covid-crazy. Anyone else notice that?
Who is Covid crazy?

Old 07-23-2021, 02:03 PM

57,288 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Thanks for the cherry-picked story.
Here are two more:

I have a friend who suffers from tremors since being fully vaccinated with Pfizer. Never happened to her previously.

My cousin has been rushed to the hospital twice after being fully vaccinated with Pfizer. The first time, she could not form words clearly and her thinking process was messed up. The second time, she passed out, and upon recovering consciousness could not form words to speak.
The hospital did every test necessary to discover a cause, with no result.

All they said was it must be some "neurological" issue.
Statistics indicate that ICU’s are filling up with unvaccinated, not the vaccinated. Why is it such a large step to take a vaccine that is free.

Old 07-23-2021, 02:23 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,631 posts, read 17,968,125 times
For those who are saying the media "cherry picked" his story, HE's the one in the public eye, who sought to use his microphone at this point to tell his audience he was wrong, and please don't make the same mistake he did, please get vaccinated.

It's not like the media went poking their nose into his hospital room.

His wife, and his brother, are taking to the airwaves spreading the information Phil Valentine wants to get out to the public - get vaxed!!

https://apnews.com/article/entertain...038d664a184079

Old 07-23-2021, 02:23 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
My chances of being in a car accident are low but I wear a seat belt.

The question is whether the government should mandate everyone wear seat belts. The line between order and chaos, and ordering people to do something because it's for their own good or the good of society, can be debated forever.

Frankly to me the most important thing is that this debate be allowed.. the idea that alternate theories need to be censored for the public good, because they are "misinformation" I find a bit dangerous.

Do the unvaccinated harm the vaccinated? Are they a harm to public health? That's debatable. If the vaccines work then they are mostly a threat to each other. Now that the virus is loose, mutating, and infecting even the vaccinated, it's likely to continue mutating like the flu, whether a person is vaccinated or not. In fact it's more likely to mutate in the vaccinated people. That's basic science... the virus is going to look for a way to adapt to the vaccine, much like any invader will try different tactics to get around defenses.

According to Belling, the idea that Fauci used middlemen to funnel money to Wuhan for Gain of Function research is now common knowledge. If you want to look at the root cause, there it is, assuming it's all true.

We either learn to live with this thing, or we mask up for life. I am not masking up for life.

Old 07-23-2021, 02:25 PM

33,542 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
His point is still valid. Statistically, one PROBABLY is.
How on earth can you possibly believe that?

Old 07-23-2021, 02:33 PM

33,542 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Nothing here changes one thing about what he said.

Your chances of getting it, with or without the vaccine are low.

Your chances of dying, with or without the vaccine, are incredibly low.

Facts.
Incomplete facts. Your chance of getting if not vaccinated low, but if you are infected it's more likely to be serious or cause death.

Your chance of getting it if vaccinated very low, but if you do get covid chances of death or serious illness are extremely low.

Old 07-23-2021, 02:37 PM

8,943 posts, read 2,965,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Incomplete facts. Your chance of getting if not vaccinated high and if you are infected it's more likely to be serious or cause death.

Your chance of getting it if vaccinated very low, but if you do get covid chances of death or serious illness are extremely low.
Baloney. All time in the USA there have been about 34 million cases. Out of 340 million people.

You have about a 1 in 10 chance of getting it overall, and most of that time was pre-vaccine.

Deaths have been 610K. Out of 340 million. That's a VERY VERY small percentage. Most of that was pre-vaccine too. So you have a very slim chance of dying from it, and always have.

These are the facts. Your chances of getting it or dying from it are low all around. Vaccinated or not.

Old 07-23-2021, 02:47 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Baloney. All time in the USA there have been about 34 million cases. Out of 340 million people.

You have about a 1 in 10 chance of getting it overall, and most of that time was pre-vaccine.

Deaths have been 610K. Out of 340 million. That's a VERY VERY small percentage. Most of that was pre-vaccine too. So you have a very slim chance of dying from it, and always have.

These are the facts. Your chances of getting it or dying from it are low all around. Vaccinated or not.
I'm still waiting for google to scrub this news article from their search results considering how damaging it is to the whole covid narrative.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/27/over...tudy-says.html

If over 80% of the population gets this virus without symptoms, it completely negates the need to lock down everything and force masking for life for the entire population for life over a virus that affects a minority of the population, unless you really care about saving every last life, in which case I wonder what other rights you think should be taken from us to save every last person on the planet and make sure they live until 100.

They need to add more spare ICU capacity to hospitals if they already keep them at 80% capacity and have little reserve space for something happening. That's unacceptable. In any case, as long as the ICUs are not over capacity, there is no need for any draconian measures in place.

Old 07-23-2021, 02:58 PM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
I don’t know everything this guy said, but the media and the leftists using this case as an example of “see what happens when you are not vaccinated” is pure BS.

I am not a leftist but this actually is a perfect example of what happens when you are not vaccinated.

Old 07-23-2021, 03:02 PM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Exactly. My 73 year old Dad never smoked, rarely drank, ate good, survived Covid (asymptomatic), and died from Leukemia. Was diagnosed in November and passed in May.

We know at least 15 people, ranging from 40's to 80's that contracted the virus and survived without a hospital stay, including my wife. I did not contract it, and we didn't wear masks, nor was she quarantined to one room in the house.
Now we did know one person, in her late 50's that did die from it. Life is a gamble, and you are correct, we gamble on it every single day of our lives.

Life is a gamble with you gamble with your life. Some things are unavoidable. Getting the vaccine takes one gamble off the list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies