Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2021, 09:50 PM

17,594 posts, read 13,372,722 times

Advertisements

"It's heartbreaking. I wish I would've made better choices for her," said an Arkansas mother of her 13-year-old daughter, hospitalized with Covid-19.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/kids-...soc_src=aolapp

Quote:
Angela Morris said she resisted Covid-19 vaccinations for herself and her 13-year-old daughter believing that other preventative measures, like mostly staying home and wearing masks, would be enough to ward off infection.

But on July 1, Morris wrote on Facebook that her daughter, Caia Morris Cooper, had tested positive for Covid. Two days later, she updated her friends that her daughter had been admitted to Arkansas Children's Hospital in Little Rock and was on a ventilator.

"I am so scared right now and I feel so helpless," she posted.

Nearly two weeks later, Caia remained in the hospital, Morris said Friday, and was again intubated after being taken off a ventilator Thursday night.

We will be seeing more and more of these stories in the very near future.

People are placing themselves, their families and everyone around them by refusing vaccinations

As the Delta variant becomes more prevalent there will be more opportunity for the virus to continue mutating as it has with Lambda. It is becoming deadlier and more contagious. Hopefully, it will continue to be kept at bay by existing vaccines

Old 07-16-2021, 09:53 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,469,729 times
Another one:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...id/7975676002/

Quote:
A 24-year-old man with COVID-19 is wishing he had been vaccinated after spending months in the hospital and needing a double lung transplant.

Old 07-16-2021, 09:55 PM

3,606 posts, read 1,660,494 times
So sad and avoidable if you just get the covid vaccine...

Over 99% of all US Covid hospitalizations/deaths are due to the unvaccinated

https://healthfeedback.org/claimrevi...vailable-data/

Old 07-16-2021, 09:58 PM

2,770 posts, read 2,605,764 times
Why do you care so much about an individual persons health decisions?

Old 07-16-2021, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdaelectro View Post
Why do you care so much about a single persons health decisions?

Because the unvaccinated are prolonging the pandemic, causing outbreaks/mutations of more dangerous variants, resulting in needless hospitalizations/deaths, and a higher risk to all, even requiring booster shots for the vaccinated at some point in the future.

So far so good though for the vaccines...

https://healthfeedback.org/claimrevi...vailable-data/

Old 07-16-2021, 10:07 PM

25,776 posts, read 18,834,175 times
What we are doing here is taking a statistically very unlikely event and presenting it as the norm. That is generally referred to as "hyperbole." Let's take a very unlucky young lady and present her as the norm. We can also find a person struck by lightning and conclude that each of us should live in a faraday cage. While that would prevent lightning strikes, all but a very few unlucky people will ever suffer a lightning strike, regardless. Unfortunately, today's humanoids residing on this planet are largely unable to comprehend statistical risk analysis. Further, they tend to politicize damn near everything.

Old 07-16-2021, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
Because the unvaccinated are prolonging the pandemic, causing outbreaks/mutations of more dangerous variants, resulting in needless hospitalizations/deaths, and a higher risk to all, even requiring booster shots for the vaccinated at some point in the future.
Replace your hypochondriac worldview with another psychotic one. . .

In this instance, you would rule over everyone driving a car.

You could leave your house today and drive headlong into my daughters car and kill her.

We can't take that chance.

Stop driving your car.

Old 07-16-2021, 10:15 PM

25,776 posts, read 18,834,175 times
Quote:

You could leave your house today and drive headlong into my daughters car and kill her.

Stop driving your car.
Darn. You beat me to this. Honestly, I was just going to post pretty much this same thing. You know the poster won't get the message, though, right? I'll tell you one thing, I feel way better about my chances with covid than I do driving these days. And it's probably these covidophile types that are the most dangerous drivers on the road.

Old 07-16-2021, 10:20 PM

Quote:

Stop driving your car.

Horrible analogy.....driving my car is not contagious!

Old 07-16-2021, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
Horrible analogy.....driving my car is not contagious!
You could still kill someone.

It's a perfect analogy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies