Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2021, 04:44 AM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
No, in fact I see it as bullying and shaming people for their personal decisions in life which I think is selfish. I am fully vaccinated by the way, but that was my choice. Other people's choices are none of my business in regards to drug/alcohol use, vaccination status, overeating, undereating, what pride flag they use...don't care. Live and let live is the most unselfish life philosophy.
Same here. I am fully vaccinated myself and I think its sickening to shame people who made different choice. Shaming never works, but some of these people do it on daily basis. Shameful

This said I think op meant well so my issue is not with the op. I think op is trying to convince people to get the vaccination before it's too late.

Old 07-17-2021, 04:45 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,796,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
No, in fact I see it as bullying and shaming people for their personal decisions in life which I think is selfish. I am fully vaccinated by the way, but that was my choice. Other people's choices are none of my business in regards to drug/alcohol use, vaccination status, overeating, undereating, what pride flag they use...don't care. Live and let live is the most unselfish life philosophy.

Well said!

Old 07-17-2021, 04:50 AM

11,780 posts, read 5,789,903 times
Can't rep you again Kris. Looking at the photo provided the mother should have had the child vaccinated because just looking at her you can tell she has underlying health problems. She's obese - probably has diabetes - doesn't exercise and survives on fried and fats foods.

Data from the CDC show that since 1/4/2020 and ending 7/10/2020 - deaths from covid from 0-4 yrs is 122, deaths from Covid for 5-18 yrs 275. Conversely deaths in automobile accidents from the NSC in the same time period - younger than 5 yrs - 878 and 5-14 yrs 1,612.

I've stated before that vaccines are not 100% - they make your symptoms less should you catch the virus. This does not mean that it will protect you from mutated strains which are being introduced from other countries due to travel. Everyone in the US could be vaccinated and a new strain could be brought in by a foreigner making the current vaccine useless. That is why there is a new flu vaccine every year.

I'm vaccinated and sorry I took the vaccine as I question the long term consequences of the vaccine. People keep posting scientific articles but that science is only as good as the data and findings evident at the time - it can not predict future complications as seen with many of the drugs that have been pulled off the market and the thousands of law suits currently in courts. Even with current approval by the FDA - findings in in the future may reveal side effects that are detrimental and more deadly.

Old 07-17-2021, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I am that way to an extent. But is someone had a gun to their head and wanted to kill themselves I will be damned if I said .. pull the trigger.. no I would try to intervene.

I blame China for this..and I will be damned if I want to see people die of this virus as I see it as murdering them and China is the one who is the murderer.
I also think chinese government had blood on its hands. However, Chinese government won't be blamed for this. It's what it is.

Old 07-17-2021, 04:52 AM

17,791 posts, read 13,682,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
I'll stop driving my car and you take the vaccine...deal?

Will ride my bike around...maybe I'll kill a lot of people exponentially that way too from the delta variant?
You could still kill someone riding your bike you know. So you can't ride your bike.

You could still kill someone by walking on the sidewalk and bumping into them and knocking them down. So you can't walk on the sidewalk.

Old 07-17-2021, 04:54 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I also think chinese government had blood on its hands. However, Chinese government won't be blamed for this. It's what it is.
I blame them and it should be that everyone blames them. They allowed it to travel but shut down Wuhan tight , very tight.. road blocks,, dumped dirt piles in front of doors to high rise buildings, they wen the extra mile to contain it.. while allowing thousands of flights out all around the world.

Old 07-17-2021, 04:59 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,656,633 times
My 21 y/o nephew who was unvaccinated got COVID 2 weeks ago. Both his parents had the vaccine but he opted not to get it for a couple of reasons: 1. His boss at the restaurant he works in doesn't believe in the vaccine and thinks it's all a hoax and tells all the staff that so there's some sort of doubt placed in the more impressionable minds, and 2. my nephew is an athlete on a college baseball scholarship and was concerned the vaccine would give him some of the publicized heart issues.

He went a year and a half not contracting it, but once he went back to work at a summer beach resort waiting tables 8 hours a day, he's pretty sure he picked it up at the restaurant.

Fortunately, he's young, very healthy, no underlying conditions, and didn't require hospitalization. Sickest he's ever been though and did go to the ER for evaluation. He had a very high fever for 6 days, shortness of breath, and felt like he had the worst congestion ever. Once he's totally symptom free he will go have a cardiac evalution just to be on the safe side. Of course, now he's very regretful he didn't get the vaccine and will be doing so when it's recommended. He has two younger sisters at home, unvaccinated and one with Type 1 diabetes so they are hoping they don't catch it from him. So far so good!

Old 07-17-2021, 04:59 AM

My honest opinion is that the only reason some people don't want to get the vaccination is because they feel the vaccination is not trustworthy. Politics had very little to do with it. As someone who is fully vaccinated I would be lying is I say I don't worry about the long term effects of the vaccination.

My uncle, an emergency room doctor has told me covid would stay with us forever, in the next 10 years or so, overwhelming majority of the people would probably get it at least once, the purpose of the vaccination is to prevent you from severe symptomes, no more, no less.to be honest, as a person of low risk, I sometimes wonder if I should take a chance with the virus, or take a chance with the vaccination. Either choice has pros and cons. One thing I don't understand is that why some liberals think this is a political issue. Do these people get tired of posting non sense everyday on the internet? We are all in this together. The people I know who haven't gotten the vaccination isolate themselves from the world. They wear mask, keep their distance because they are afraid of catching it. They don't go around spreading virus, just stop shaming them already. Gee people. Grow a heart or something.

Old 07-17-2021, 05:07 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,656,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Same here. I am fully vaccinated myself and I think its sickening to shame people who made different choice. Shaming never works, but some of these people do it on daily basis. Shameful

This said I think op meant well so my issue is not with the op. I think op is trying to convince people to get the vaccination before it's too late.
I agree. The shame goes both ways though. I don't know how many threads get started here where someone posts some "bad news" for the unvaccinated. Now, I guess the unvaccinated look at the stories being posted as "shaming." Some of them rush onto the threads to basically tell the vaccinated people how crazy/nuts they are for taking the vaccine. Not everyone does that, of course, but there are many on every thread who, besides just being comfortable with their choice to not vaccinate, need to come on and tell you what a sheep you are, tell you how horrible the vaccine is, post vaccine disinformation (not facts as they like to think), post anti-vaxxer "studies" which have been debunked as their proof, all in an effort to shame people for taking a vaccine. They don't like it when someone debunks their reason for not vaccinating. That's not shaming, that's just having a discussion.

People who have had the vaccine do feel the need to come on and post tragic stories of the unvaccinated. I don't think anyone does it to make anyone feel bad (shaming), but to maybe get through to people who think the disease isn't serious. Facts and stories of negative outcomes for people who've suffered with COVID aren't shaming, but I guess if the person takes it that way, what can you do?

Old 07-17-2021, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I agree. The shame goes both ways though. I don't know how many threads get started here where someone posts some "bad news" for the unvaccinated. Now, I guess the unvaccinated look at the stories being posted as "shaming." Some of them rush onto the threads to basically tell the vaccinated people how crazy/nuts they are for taking the vaccine. Not everyone does that, of course, but there are many on every thread who, besides just being comfortable with their choice to not vaccinate, need to come on and tell you what a sheep you are, tell you how horrible the vaccine is, post vaccine disinformation (not facts as they like to think), post anti-vaxxer "studies" which have been debunked as their proof, all in an effort to shame people for taking a vaccine. They don't like it when someone debunks their reason for not vaccinating. That's not shaming, that's just having a discussion.

People who have had the vaccine do feel the need to come on and post tragic stories of the unvaccinated. I don't think anyone does it to make anyone feel bad (shaming), but to maybe get through to people who think the disease isn't serious. Facts and stories of negative outcomes for people who've suffered with COVID aren't shaming, but I guess if the person takes it that way, what can you do?
Yeah. Which is why I think op meant well. Some people from both sides just want to shame others. What we should do is being honest. Let others know why we made the choice we made. Many just want to survive
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies