Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2021, 11:52 AM

12,722 posts, read 7,597,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Nothing here changes one thing about what he said.

Your chances of getting it, with or without the vaccine are low.

Your chances of dying, with or without the vaccine, are incredibly low.

Facts.
You are indeed safer getting the vaccine, so this guy claiming you're probably not safer not getting the vaccine was wrong, and he has since changed his tune.

"regrets not being more vehemently ‘Pro-Vaccine’ and looks forward to being able to more vigorously advocate that position as soon as he is back on the air, which we all hope will be soon,” his family wrote in their statement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I'm reading more stories like this. It's a shame.
Yep. As in: https://www.the-sun.com/news/3334636...roblems-tweet/

People make stupid choices, and sometimes die a long suffering painful death from it when it likely could have easily been avoided with a free vaccine.

Old 07-23-2021, 11:56 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,052,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Statistically gives one an abstract view of the situation. When it happens to you, statistics don't matter much anymore.
I had Covid. I was knocked on my butt for a couple weeks and had trouble breathing, while running a 103 fever. I know what it is. But I recovered. It took 2 months before I was back to strength, but I made it.

And my point remains. Anecdotally, it sucked bad. But statistically, most people, including my wife and 17 year old daughter had no issues with Covid.

Old 07-23-2021, 11:57 AM

24,547 posts, read 17,297,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Nothing here changes one thing about what he said.

Your chances of getting it, with or without the vaccine are low.

Your chances of dying, with or without the vaccine, are incredibly low.

Facts.

Yes, it is what it is.

Someone can smoke for 40 years and never get cancer just to be struck down by a drunk driver on the road.

It sounds like this guy made a calculated decision. He weighed the options, thought about the risks and took a gamble. We all do it everyday but for this guy he is now paying the price.

Hopefully he will make a full recovery.

Old 07-23-2021, 11:57 AM

2,361 posts, read 2,541,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
A terrible shame, but I'm sadly losing my ability to express compassion for those who contract the infection after going out of their way to foment confusion and resistance. It's just so discouraging to see someone refuse a highly-effective, free-to-anybody-who-asks vaccine. Boggles the mind.
I admire your compassion but I lost mine months ago. They made their own choice.

Old 07-23-2021, 11:59 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,446,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
This is sad, do you really have to contract Covid-19 before you become a believer.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...?ocid=msedgntp
This kind of reporting from the liberal mainstream media is deceptive and poor investigative reporting at best. At worst it is intentional manipulation and lies. They could just as easily find someone who was vaccinated and is deathly ill from COVID. They cherry picked a single case to support their beliefs and narrative. Their belief may be right - I personally believe we don’t have enough data to say one way or the other yet - but this is just irresponsible and juvenile level reporting.

And look how many on the left are buying it? Lol. Have people really lost that much ability to have intelligent thought?

Old 07-23-2021, 11:59 AM

2,335 posts, read 817,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
I never heard of him.

If he dies, will you use his death to browbeat people?
If he survives will you quietly ignore it?
I would say both from the OP. I don't believe he thinks it's sad at all and is actually quite giddy about it (which is why he started the thread). I doubt many people know the person he's talking about.

Old 07-23-2021, 12:00 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,097,504 times
Quote:
A terrible shame, but I'm sadly losing my ability to express compassion for those who contract the infection after going out of their way to foment confusion and resistance. It's just so discouraging to see someone refuse a highly-effective, free-to-anybody-who-asks vaccine. Boggles the mind.
You reap as you sow. He sowed disinformation for political reasons and now he is reaping the very consequences that his campaign of disinformation was attempting to impose on everyone who was listening to him. I'd call that karmic justice. Think he'll get the lesson?

Old 07-23-2021, 12:00 PM

6,619 posts, read 5,021,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
I never heard of him.

Browbeat? nope, I dont care about what you do or dont, I will still call out your idiocy but not for the end of you actually doing something

yep, if he dies too I will probably not care enough to google it and find out so unless someone posts here he died, I would not find out.

Old 07-23-2021, 12:02 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,842,106 times
Quote:
It does. It shows how powerful belief, even a wrong-headed belief, can be.

Old 07-23-2021, 12:04 PM

6,757 posts, read 3,380,243 times
There always has to be a political slant. They could've just said "talk show host" but by adding the "conservative" it gives the liberals a chance to beat their chests.

Never let an opportunity go to waste.

Hopefully he recovers, but the older you are, the more difficult it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies