Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2021, 10:53 AM

29,532 posts, read 22,783,643 times

Advertisements

Now, I'm certainly not saying that the entertainment industry was ever the bastion of morality. But surely it's a sign of the times that a movie like "Titane" wins what's supposedly considered the most prestigious honor in the film industry (and sits at a 95% Rotten Tomatoes rating). This is what passes for 'talent' and 'art' these days.

Sick.

Shock film Titane about woman having sex with cars takes home top prize at Cannes Film Festival

Quote:
French director Julie Ducournau is only the second woman to take home the prize for the movie, one of the wildest, sexiest and most violent films ever shown at the Cannes film festival.

It tells the story of a young woman who has sex with cars, kills without a care, and pretends to be a boy despite being pregnant by a vintage Cadillac.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2021, 10:58 AM

19,756 posts, read 12,319,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Now, I'm certainly not saying that the entertainment industry was ever the bastion of morality. But surely it's a sign of the times that a movie like "Titane" wins what's supposedly considered the most prestigious honor in the film industry (and sits at a 95% Rotten Tomatoes rating). This is what passes for 'talent' and 'art' these days.

Sick.

Shock film Titane about woman having sex with cars takes home top prize at Cannes Film Festival
Quote:
It tells the story of a young woman who has sex with cars, kills without a care, and pretends to be a boy despite being pregnant by a vintage Cadillac.
How dumb.

I'd have gotten knocked up by a McLaren.

Old 07-19-2021, 11:01 AM

6,623 posts, read 5,029,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

Sick.

Next post how we couldn't make Blazin Saddles now.

Old 07-19-2021, 11:02 AM

20,379 posts, read 19,993,115 times
How on earth does one get boned by a car?

Old 07-19-2021, 11:03 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,674,382 times
I hope they practiced safe sex and left their seat belt on.

Old 07-19-2021, 11:09 AM

52,389 posts, read 52,872,241 times
Morality has kind of been in the dumper for a while now. I'm pretty open minded and socially liberal in general, but some of the stuff that has been making it's way into the culture is pretty gross in some ways. The song by that pig, Cardi B, WAP.

LOL, and they thought Madonna was edgy back in the day.

Old 07-19-2021, 11:26 AM

6,430 posts, read 2,749,022 times
Is this any surprise it won?

https://www.theguardian.com/film/202...id-devil-child

I mean the movie had it all. A Female Director and the star is a Cross-Dressing Woman who ends up pregnant by an automobile.

My favorite comment from this critic...
Quote:
I have to be honest and say that I still found something a little bit silly and pointless in Titane,
Thank you Captain Obvious.

Old 07-19-2021, 11:32 AM

24,629 posts, read 17,368,129 times
How far down the rabbit hole of depravity will we go?

I remember the good old days when all a young film maker had to do to get noticed was follow the life of a gay teen living and trying to survive in the Middle East. Others highlighted the lives of drug addicts.

As people we have always been obsessed with the odd people, the freaks and most popular reality shows follow people living the lives of a train wreck.

A woman has sex with cars and kills people and this is celebrated?

What will be the next big thing the "Left" will celebrate at Cannes? Will it be the highlights of a long suffering life of a trans person, drug addict coming to terms with their Beastiality ?

For all you inspiring film makers you can thank me for the idea when you are accepting your Oscar.

Old 07-19-2021, 11:35 AM

29,869 posts, read 25,005,650 times
Things sure do change quick. It wasn't that long ago (by historical standards) that people were having heart attacks and dying after watching movies like "Freaks". These days, nothing fazes us.

Old 07-19-2021, 11:52 AM

68,353 posts, read 54,549,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
How dumb.

I'd have gotten knocked up by a McLaren.

BRAVA! Good choice!

But I fail to see how what happens at a French film festival is a reflection of 'our' society?

OP? Please explain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies