Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2021, 04:07 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,169,235 times

Advertisements

Just a week ago the DeSantis PAC started selling "Don't Fauci my Florida" merchandise (source)

Now, two days ago, this: Florida Leads the U.S. as Delta Virus Surges

DeSantis, perhaps the strongest opponent of masking and shut-downs, suddenly begins urging Floridians to get vaccinated. (source) [Hmm, DeSantis suddenly urges vaccines right on the heels of the newfound interest in vaccines over on Fox News. Republicans hated vaccines before they loved them.]

So which is it DeSantis? Are you going to flip-flop and stop selling the anti-Fauci stuff, or are you going to keep selling it and be a total hypocrite?

Old 07-21-2021, 04:18 PM

19,809 posts, read 9,371,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Just a week ago the DeSantis PAC started selling "Don't Fauci my Florida" merchandise (source)

Now, two days ago, this: Florida Leads the U.S. as Delta Virus Surges

DeSantis, perhaps the strongest opponent of masking and shut-downs, suddenly begins urging Floridians to get vaccinated. (source) [Hmm, DeSantis suddenly urges vaccines right on the heels of the newfound interest in vaccines over on Fox News. Republicans hated vaccines before they loved them.]

So which is it DeSantis? Are you going to flip-flop and stop selling the anti-Fauci stuff, or are you going to keep selling it and be a total hypocrite?

It is hardly a flip-flop! In fact, imo, he has not actually flip-flopped at all:

Quote from the link, my bold: "Despite his resistance to policies that might have hurt businesses in the state, Mr DeSantis has been generally supportive of the vaccine, though he opposes measures like vaccine passports or businesses requiring patrons to be vaccinated before using their services."

Old 07-21-2021, 04:22 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,921,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
It is hardly a flip-flop! In fact, imo, he has not actually flip-flopped at all:

Quote from the link, my bold: "Despite his resistance to policies that might have hurt businesses in the state, Mr DeSantis has been generally supportive of the vaccine, though he opposes measures like vaccine passports or businesses requiring patrons to be vaccinated before using their services."
Agree, this isn’t a flip flop.

Old 07-21-2021, 04:29 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,169,235 times
Quote:

Nope. You can't sell anti-Fauci merchandise and claim to be pro-vaccinations at the same time. It's a mixed message at best.

Old 07-21-2021, 04:31 PM

2,941 posts, read 1,786,547 times
He's a complete idiot and it's hilarious to watch science and the virus bite him in the ass. I only feel bad for folks and kids who cannot get vaccinated.

Btw, all the morons who cheer for DeSantis and his anti vaccine talk, well, he got the vaccine, just like Rubio and Trump. Why are you guys willing to die on an island that none of your heros are on with you?

Old 07-21-2021, 04:33 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,947,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon3290 View Post
He's a complete idiot and it's hilarious to watch science and the virus bite him in the ass. I only feel bad for folks and kids who cannot get vaccinated.

Btw, all the morons who cheer for DeSantis and his anti vaccine talk, well, he got the vaccine, just like Rubio and Trump. Why are you guys willing to die on an island that none of your heros are on with you?
What anti vaccine talk?

Old 07-21-2021, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
What anti vaccine talk?
"Don't Fauci my Florida" trinkets on his campaign website - are you saying that is pro vaccine talk?

Old 07-21-2021, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Nope. You can't sell anti-Fauci merchandise and claim to be pro-vaccinations at the same time. It's a mixed message at best.
No, it's not -- or at least, not in my opinion! I know at least three people who cannot stand Fauci and think that he is a huge liar, but they still got the vaccines.

Old 07-21-2021, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon3290 View Post

Well, they MIGHT have gotten the vaccine. I still think it is possible that they just SAID they did -- and, of course, I could very well be wrong about that!

And, FYI, NONE of the people you mentioned are my heroes! Just another untrue assumption.

Old 07-21-2021, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Well, they MIGHT have gotten the vaccine. I still think it is possible that they just SAID they did -- and, of course, I could very well be wrong about that!

And, FYI, NONE of the people you mentioned are my heroes! Just another untrue assumption.
You think they are lying about getting the vaccine? Ah boy.

Listen, you feel free to not get vaccinated but it's coming for you either way.

A unvaccinated friend of mine was arguing with me last week, she said she ignores my texts about Delta because she doesnt want to talk about it with me and that I should relax and live my life without worrying, like she is. Guess who got sick in Florida over the weekend and tested positive???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies