Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2021, 12:28 PM

16,076 posts, read 21,154,079 times

Advertisements

Yeah, I tried to watch the vid OP posted. I did manage to get past the weird T-shirt commercial, but then we got into a lot of derogatory, inflammatory, and baiting remarks in the first two minutes. I just couldn't take it as anything like reasonable. Not sure how anyone capable of logical thinking could take it seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2021, 01:01 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
sounds like someone is single and bitter.
Oh, they mad.

Here's a fantastic piece in the National Review. Short version: Trump supporters in academia have a hard time getting laid. Only six percent of female Ivy League students would date a Trump supporter.

https://www.nationalreview.com/magaz...ghts-struggle/

Does this lead to introspection? Of course not! In true US-conservative-male fashion, the writer concludes that it's the women who need an attitude correction. They'd presumably be all over those virile Trump studs, had it not been for indoctrination and repressed viewpoints and whatnot. And so, our freedom-loving small-government conservative writer charges forth with calls for legislation - to make him and his brethren a sort of protected class.

The idea that women might look at what these men have to offer vs. the cost of being around them and decide that nah, the cost/benefit ratio is off - the idea that conservative men are subject to the market forces that they claim to worship - doesn't enter the picture. They have a right to a woman, dammit!

I sometimes wonder if we're seeing the first generation of adults raised in the Skinner Box of interactive videogames. The entire "I put in the effort to level up, where's my reward" attitude, the perspective of themselves as the protagonist and others as minor parts, the lack of capacity for interacting in a non-transactional manner...

Last edited by Dane_in_LA; 07-23-2021 at 01:11 PM..

Old 07-23-2021, 02:07 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,152,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Yeah, I tried to watch the vid OP posted. I did manage to get past the weird T-shirt commercial, but then we got into a lot of derogatory, inflammatory, and baiting remarks in the first two minutes. I just couldn't take it as anything like reasonable. Not sure how anyone capable of logical thinking could take it seriously.
I stuck it out for the whole eight minutes. It didn't get any better.

Old 07-23-2021, 02:11 PM

52,282 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
I stuck it out for the whole eight minutes. It didn't get any better.
Yeah, I'm watching it thinking where is this guy getting this stuff, women don't pay taxes, women use more resources than men. Had lots of fancy looking graphs though, made it look official, I'll buy that much.

On a serious note I'm not the smartest man going, but when I hear and read things and 90% of the time I'm confused and thinking "what the heck" that's usually my spidey senses telling me that we've got a load of bull on our hands.

Old 07-23-2021, 02:14 PM

2,047 posts, read 857,616 times
I love women and I’m glad they’re out there. Nuff said on this topic!

Old 07-23-2021, 02:27 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm watching it thinking where is this guy getting this stuff,
Quote:
Had lots of fancy looking graphs though, made it look official, I'll buy that much.
WTF? You watched, but you didn't watch? Or...? He cites the source and has an image of it on the screen for like a minute.

Here you go. Sheesh. It's like nobody EVER does anything for themselves, and then they act authoritatively about what they never even saw. Unbelievable. Not like you'll give it any consideration or anything, because amazingly, your opinion is set in concrete despite not having any data whatsoever to base it on, but here's the link.

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/...111/roiw.12165

Quote:
On a serious note I'm not the smartest man going
No kidding.

Old 07-23-2021, 02:45 PM

16,076 posts, read 21,154,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
WTF? You watched, but you didn't watch? Or...? He cites the source and has an image of it on the screen for like a minute.

Here you go. Sheesh. It's like nobody EVER does anything for themselves, and then they act authoritatively about what they never even saw. Unbelievable. Not like you'll give it any consideration or anything, because amazingly, your opinion is set in concrete despite not having any data whatsoever to base it on, but here's the link.

No kidding.
So did you pay the fee for the whole PDF and if so can you post quotes that specifically support the statement in question? I mean really, you link an article summary form New Zealand that says "Notwithstanding considerable within-gender heterogeneity, women are found on average to have systematically and persistently lower net fiscal liabilities than men, especially at older ages." Which pretty much doesn't support the idea that women are a drain on the economy.

Old 07-23-2021, 02:46 PM

72 posts, read 51,761 times
Quote:
WOKE WOMEN HAVE NO SKIN IN THE CIVILIZATION GAME

BPS is an interesting fellow. His style is perhaps a bit alarmist, but his points are generally spot on. Please enjoy the eight minutes of video before commenting.
The title doesn't specify what makes "woke women woke", what the "civilization game" is defined as, or what "the economy" and a so-called "net drain" are defined as.

So I'm not inclined to read any further since the title is just alarmist nonsense to begin with. I also have no Idea who BPS is ("borderline personality syndrome" or something?).

Maybe someone can summarize?

Old 07-23-2021, 02:47 PM

52,282 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:

No kidding.
Lets keep it polite buddy. I could give it right back at ya.

Old 07-23-2021, 02:53 PM

72 posts, read 51,761 times
Quote:
Yeah, I'm watching it thinking where is this guy getting this stuff, women don't pay taxes, women use more resources than men. Had lots of fancy looking graphs though, made it look official, I'll buy that much.
I'm pretty confident that individuals whose whole livelihoods are based off of creating sensationalist Youtube videos would be more significant in those statistics than the "average woman anyway".

A lot of it also just strikes me as not only using charts and "statistics" which are skeptical in and of themselves, but not even understanding their relevance or contextualization after the fact.

(Such as the fact that "averaging" means nothing in reality to begin with, and doesn't have anything to do with individual case studies, or that things can be "averaged" in virtually infinite ways, such as averaging income from male or female millionaires or billionaires, as opposed to "national average" or whatever nonsense statistic is being use to try, and fail, to prove a ridiculous point).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies