Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2021, 05:22 PM

3,730 posts, read 1,766,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:

You’re THAT hard up for money?
FYI...I’m not hard up for money..I just don’t like the idea all of sudden people asking personal health questions that’s none of their business. Forget customers I keep get asked from friends, relatives, acquaintance. Did you get the jab...did you get the jab...did you get the jab...I feel like saying yeah I’ll give you a jab right across the head!

Old 07-22-2021, 05:22 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I am a conservative and I don't believe anybody should lie about when he was asked that question.
^^^^ In case it was unclear, I put in the qualifier ‘yes men’ because people associated to a group aren’t monolithic.

Old 07-22-2021, 05:23 PM

3,444 posts, read 2,820,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Lying is never a good option. It always bites you in the rear.

Having said that, you won’t be the first nor the last to lie about this. The customer was also in violation of privacy laws to ask you that.
No they weren't. There are no laws against asking if someone is vaccinated.

OP, if you aren't making up some story to try to make yourself look like a bad*ss, your behavior is disgusting and inexcusable. You don't know if that person had underlying health issues. You lied. You need to be fired.

I'm calling BS anyways. I don't believe you. Cool story bro and all that.

Old 07-22-2021, 05:24 PM

2,367 posts, read 909,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
I am having a remodel done next month, and would be horrified if I asked them if they were vaxed and they said yes when they werent. I will ask them next week, and hope they arent miffed if I ask for verification. Normally I would have trusted them, but your lying has given me pause.
If you've been vaccinated, you should have little to worry, at least that's what they've been telling us.

My suggestion: don't ask "have you been vaccinated?" That's too intrusive and rude. The person put on the spot may lie because he was caught off guard.

Instead you can say "I am looking for someone who is willing to show a vaccination card. I understand not everyone is willing to do that. But it's important for me. Is it ok with you or should I find someone else?"

With the current hot real estate market, all the contractors have more jobs than they can handle. That means the unvaccinated contractor will turn you down, no hard feelings. In my neck of the woods they're fully booked into October.

Old 07-22-2021, 05:25 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,847,151 times
You have claimed in other posts to be a Christian, and you're asking if it's ok to lie? No. No, it isn't.

Old 07-22-2021, 05:26 PM

3,730 posts, read 1,766,996 times
Quote:

I'm calling BS anyways. I don't believe you. Cool story bro and all that.

You can believe whatever you want...though I wish was it was a BS story so I wouldn’t have to put up with it!

Old 07-22-2021, 05:27 PM

4,032 posts, read 2,717,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPibbs View Post
Maybe someone in their house was sick and they worried for your safety?

If it's for their own safety, they should have stated their requirement so you can turn down the job. This should have happened BEFORE contracting you to do the job. If they waited until you get there, and you're working and already breathing in their face, they don't really want to know.

Theoretically, it could be that somebody in the household started showing symptoms the night before/that morning, but hasn't been diagnosed yet, so that could be the reason for the last-minute ask.

Old 07-22-2021, 05:27 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Your post is up front with extreme hate.You are sounding very self-righteous right now.
No, it isn’t.

It’s exactly on point.

Old 07-22-2021, 05:28 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,309,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
First of all I don’t think it’s anyone’s business and plus I don’t feel like wearing a dam mask(and plus they don’t work) while working. Personally i think this getting out of hand...were we wrong to lie?
you installed a septic tank?

Old 07-22-2021, 05:28 PM

2,361 posts, read 2,538,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
First of all I don’t think it’s anyone’s business and plus I don’t feel like wearing a dam mask(and plus they don’t work) while working. Personally i think this getting out of hand...were we wrong to lie?
I think it reveals a lot about your character. I’m surmising that you were paid money for this installation, but you entered the property by lying when asked a direct question. The money you were paid was obtained under false pretenses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies