Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2021, 07:50 AM

18,391 posts, read 19,023,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
No, it's LICENSED pharmacists, pharmacy techs, CNAs, etc. It's not just your unlicensed neighbors, Susan or Bill, etc., showing up for a temp job
They’re still not nurses or doctors. You don’t like a fetus being called a fetus you want it called a baby. I don’t consider a shot a “medical procedure”. Nor would I trust Debbie at Walmart to give me medical advice or treatments.

Old 12-05-2021, 07:53 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
It would essentially ban abortion if a poor woman can’t access it in her state.
That's where private charities step in. If some are so supportive of abortion, they'll willingly voluntarily fund such charities. Remember, only 0.3% of all abortions are due to rape. That's a minuscule number requiring a minuscule amount of voluntary donations/support. That can be easily accommodated if so many people supposedly support abortion on demand.

Old 12-05-2021, 08:01 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,508,721 times
Gosh, just think of the difference we could make if we promoted birth control methods with the same zest and fire that accompany the pro abortion movement.

Keep abortion safe, legal, and rare. Educate all young people on the myriad of birth control choices they have available to them … long before they are dealing with an unwanted pregnancy.

To my fellow women, I ask that we stop promoting ourselves as cape-wearing wonder women who can apparently do everything BUT properly manage our fertility. Let’s use our super powers to promote knowledge and choices that will empower other women. Let’s teach young women how to avoid needing an abortion in the first place.

Old 12-05-2021, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Why? You don’t know how she thinks or feels. It should be her choice.
Legally, "my body, my choice" was invalidated by states and the federal government implementing mask and vaccine mandates. Furthermore, the claim that a fetus is "just a clump of cells" was invalidated by fetal homicide laws which established the legal precedent that an unborn child is a separate human life.

Old 12-05-2021, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
We are back to charitable organizations again. Why do you insist on making things so hard for an already traumatized rape victim.
Why would it be hard? Are you saying that society wouldn't support a charitable organization that funds and provides access to abortions for rape victims?

Old 12-05-2021, 08:07 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,508,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
We are back to charitable organizations again. Why do you insist on making things so hard for an already traumatized rape victim. The last thing she needs to do is get on the phone and start calling around looking for a charity to help her. Sheesh.
When a rape victim seeks medical attention after an assault, part of the standard post-rape care she receives in the hospital is Plan B to prevent pregnancy, and antibiotics and anti-HIV medication to prevent sexually transmitted disease. Most women recovering from sexual assault do not require a surgical abortion. That is a published point of data. They are not left with the yellow pages and a phone, desperately seeking care. Such an absurd trope.

Old 12-05-2021, 08:09 AM

18,391 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Legally, "my body, my choice" was invalidated by states and the federal government implementing mask and vaccine mandates. Furthermore, the claim that a fetus is "just a clump of cells" was invalidated by fetal homicide laws which established the legal precedent that an unborn child is a separate human life.
Your legal reasoning is off base. Vaccines to help curb a contagious virus is far different than an individual having an abortion.

Old 12-05-2021, 08:13 AM

1,839 posts, read 677,466 times
Quote:
A mask mandate is closer to a seatbelt mandate. But liberals probably hurt their case with vaccine mandates more and it wouldn't surprise me if one of the conservative justices will make a case tying lack of choice to the vaccine mandate.

Old 12-05-2021, 08:19 AM

Quote:
They’re still not nurses or doctors.
Like I said, LICENSED health care practitioners - pharmacists, pharmacy techs, CNAs, etc. - are administering vaccines, not just your unlicensed neighbors, Susan or Bill, etc., showing up for a temp job to earn a few extra bucks.
Quote:
You don’t like a fetus being called a fetus you want it called a baby. I don’t consider a shot a “medical procedure”. Nor would I trust Debbie at Walmart to give me medical advice or treatments.
I want the law to be consistent as required by the Constitution's Equal Protection Clause. Either anyone can kill an unborn child without due process, or no one can. It's either "my body, my choice" for both abortion and mask and vaccine mandates, or it isn't. Can't have it both ways, as that's unconstitutional.

Old 12-05-2021, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Gosh, just think of the difference we could make if we promoted birth control methods with the same zest and fire that accompany the pro abortion movement.

Keep abortion safe, legal, and rare. Educate all young people on the myriad of birth control choices they have available to them … long before they are dealing with an unwanted pregnancy.

To my fellow women, I ask that we stop promoting ourselves as cape-wearing wonder women who can apparently do everything BUT properly manage our fertility. Let’s use our super powers to promote knowledge and choices that will empower other women. Let’s teach young women how to avoid needing an abortion in the first place.
Exactly. WHY ON EARTH do so many people INSIST that women are incompetent imbeciles who are grossly incapable of managing their own reproductive health and sex lives? And it's largely those on the LEFT who do so. They're PLAGUED with the bigotry of low expectations and inflict that regularly and routinely on minorities and women. It's disgusting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies