Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2022, 09:18 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times

Advertisements

The leftists pushed it too far and now it’s going to be up to the states. I would say that’s justice. Advocating late term abortions? Idiots.

Old 05-03-2022, 09:31 AM

9,895 posts, read 4,656,637 times
Leak equals jury tampering attempting to pressure the court ie jury to change their decision.

Old 05-03-2022, 09:40 AM

494 posts, read 180,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
By the Stone Age, do you mean where people make informed responsible decisions about who to have a relationship with and sleep with?

As opposed to the rutting animals in blue states, who have sex with anyone they meet and then just kill the baby if they get pregnant? They're so much more enlightened.
Wow, just wow. This is one of the most ignorant, close minded things I think I have ever read. People are not perfect, except for you I'm assuming, and make poor decisions. Forget about rape, health issues for a second, but focus on a 16 year old that thinks she's in love. She doesn't know any better, but now her life is held back while the boy is free to do whatever. Or a woman that is in a relationship and the condom breaks or her bc didn't work. I get that doesn't happen in red states, but you have to have some compassion for those heathens in the blue states. And please pray for any that was born in a red state and moves to a blue state. Their innocent, well informed, perfect mind will be completely overtaken by the need to have sex with anyone with no worries.

Old 05-03-2022, 09:44 AM

17,670 posts, read 6,923,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brennan2323 View Post
Wow, just wow. This is one of the most ignorant, close minded things I think I have ever read. People are not perfect, except for you I'm assuming, and make poor decisions. Forget about rape, health issues for a second, but focus on a 16 year old that thinks she's in love. She doesn't know any better, but now her life is held back while the boy is free to do whatever. Or a woman that is in a relationship and the condom breaks or her bc didn't work. I get that doesn't happen in red states, but you have to have some compassion for those heathens in the blue states. And please pray for any that was born in a red state and moves to a blue state. Their innocent, well informed, perfect mind will be completely overtaken by the need to have sex with anyone with no worries.
My compassion lies with the innocent babies that are killed.

Old 05-03-2022, 09:59 AM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
I'm a pro choice conservative (we exist) but this decision isn't about whether abortions should be legal or not. It's not a MORAL ruling. It's about how the decision to decide can be made. Yes, yes...obviously the implications are that some states will immediately ban or criminalize abortion which riles the emotions and turns a LEGAL question of "who should decide" into "omg forced births and jail-The Handmaids Tale". But the people in those states have voices and voting power, and we have a Senate, so if SCOTUS has to point out that Constitutionality of them, 7 people, passing laws that effect everyone may be an overreach then we should listen. The fuzzying of government power is more dangerous than this any one ruling, especially one which seems backed by all the evidence anyone could need.

We don't have to like it, but going off the deep end isn't going to do anyone any good either.

Old 05-03-2022, 10:00 AM

494 posts, read 180,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
My compassion lies with the innocent babies that are killed.
So if you're daughter were raped and got pregnant you'd be ok?

Old 05-03-2022, 10:23 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,796,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
You are right, the Constitution does not address or mention abortion as a right. Although the first ten amendments reflect a significant concern for the individual right to privacy. The privacy of beliefs is reflected in the First; the privacy of the home against being forced to house soldiers in the Third; the privacy against unreasonable searches in the Fourth; the privacy of personal information in the Fifth; & the Ninth which states “The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people”.
Actually, not one of those mentions privacy even once! Their concerns are not even related to privacy. Acts committed in privacy are not granted any more protection than are ones done in public. Petitioning the government, owning a gun, speaking, religion: these are protected regardless. It is the action that are protected, not the privacy.

The 4th comes closest where it mentions people being secure against unreasonable searches or seizures. But it seems to be describing how and what a search must do to be legal rather than addressing privacy per se.

Old 05-03-2022, 11:17 AM

3,417 posts, read 1,448,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I'm a pro choice conservative (we exist) but this decision isn't about whether abortions should be legal or not. It's not a MORAL ruling. It's about how the decision to decide can be made. Yes, yes...obviously the implications are that some states will immediately ban or criminalize abortion which riles the emotions and turns a LEGAL question of "who should decide" into "omg forced births and jail-The Handmaids Tale". But the people in those states have voices and voting power, and we have a Senate, so if SCOTUS has to point out that Constitutionality of them, 7 people, passing laws that effect everyone may be an overreach then we should listen. The fuzzying of government power is more dangerous than this any one ruling, especially one which seems backed by all the evidence anyone could need.

We don't have to like it, but going off the deep end isn't going to do anyone any good either.
As I correctly pointed out elsewhere, this thread certainly reveals those who would subjugate our Constitution’s plan of federalism, and especially the Tenth Amendment, in order to impose their personal whims and fancies as the rule of law in every state in the Union.

JWK
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies