Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2021, 12:51 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,524,460 times

Advertisements

According to the latest poll on support for "vaccine" mandates, 71% of voters are opposed to covid vaccine mandates, including 59% of Democrats, 67% of independents and 87% of Republicans. Only 22% of respondents indicated that the "vaccines" should be mandated.

Nevertheless, you know the current Democrat left cabal wants to. And this is why they are trying so hard to coerce people into taking them using less direct means.

Quote:
71% of voters reject COVID vaccine mandates, new poll finds

Convention of States Action and the Trafalgar Group’s poll surveyed 1,000 likely 2022 midterm election voters from July 12 to 13 and found that more than 71 percent of respondents believe receiving vaccines should be a personal choice. Across party lines, over 87 percent of Republicans agreed, followed by over 67 percent of independents, and even close to 59 percent of Democrats.

“These numbers reveal that hundreds of millions of social media messages, a constant stream of propaganda from the press, paid TV and radio ad campaigns coast-to-coast, daily hammering from Biden Administration officials, and cajoling from influencers and celebrities on every possible communication platform are having one profound effect on the public. It’s all backfiring,” said Mark Meckler, president of Convention of States Action.

“Americans have never taken kindly to being told what to do, and they are not going to start now. After being told ‘my body, my choice’ for nearly five decades by the same crowd now hypocritically pushing mandates, is it any wonder the public isn’t on board?”

Only about 22 percent of respondents indicated vaccines should be mandated: 7.2 percent of Republicans, 26.5 percent of independents, and 33 percent of Democrats. About 7 percent of respondents were unsure.
This gaslighting and public intimidation campaign around these so-called "vaccines" is backfiring on the Dems, and it is only going to get worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2021, 01:08 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,416,761 times
I don’t think this poll means what you think it means.

The vaccines are real, safe and effective and will end the pandemic as soon as enough people get it. I plan to get it myself within 6 months.

I’m completely with the 71%.

This is America, Americans of both sides prefer freedom, and neither side much likes overbearing government mandates when it comes to requirements on personal health.

Bloomberg found out how even liberal NYC wasn’t having government mandates on soft drinks even done in the name of public health based on good science.

Old 07-21-2021, 01:16 PM

5,209 posts, read 1,797,527 times
I'm an independent and at this point, this is the ONLY issue I care about. Vaccine mandates are tyranny.

Old 07-21-2021, 01:28 PM

11,797 posts, read 5,801,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
I don’t think this poll means what you think it means.

The vaccines are real, safe and effective and will end the pandemic as soon as enough people get it. I plan to get it myself within 6 months.

I’m completely with the 71%.

This is America, Americans of both sides prefer freedom, and neither side much likes overbearing government mandates when it comes to requirements on personal health.

Bloomberg found out how even liberal NYC wasn’t having government mandates on soft drinks even done in the name of public health based on good science.
Wait a minute - you haven't received it yet? How come? Libs on here harass and shame anti-vaxxers and those who choose to wait and yet one of the leaders of the lefties here hasn't even been vaccinated?

Old 07-21-2021, 01:30 PM

962 posts, read 541,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Wait a minute - you haven't received it yet? How come? Libs on here harass and shame anti-vaxxers and those who choose to wait and yet one of the leaders of the lefties here hasn't even been vaccinated?
Maybe he already got COVID, and wants to take the vaccine when his antibodies wane?

Old 07-21-2021, 01:31 PM

4,994 posts, read 1,992,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
According to the latest poll on support for "vaccine" mandates, 71% of voters are opposed to covid vaccine mandates, including 59% of Democrats, 67% of independents and 87% of Republicans. Only 22% of respondents indicated that the "vaccines" should be mandated.

Nevertheless, you know the current Democrat left cabal wants to. And this is why they are trying so hard to coerce people into taking them using less direct means.

This gaslighting and public intimidation campaign around these so-called "vaccines" is backfiring on the Dems, and it is only going to get worse.

Vaccines should not be mandated BUT it is perfectly acceptable to restrict what people who are not vaccinated can do or go in order to protect the freedom of the people who cannot be vaccinated or do not generate a strong immune response.

Old 07-21-2021, 01:31 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,416,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Multiple reasons but mainly I prefer the novavax approach and less potential for side effects in healthy people with that one. I also have a slightly enlarged heart and there have been rare heart issues with the mRNA vaccines so that’s another reason I passed on those.

Old 07-21-2021, 01:41 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,753,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
I'm an independent and at this point, this is the ONLY issue I care about. Vaccine mandates are tyranny.
Same here. The vaccine and the way the pandemic was handled has changed the way I vote. I’m an independent who leaned left, now I’m independent who leans right.

Last edited by MissTerri; 07-21-2021 at 03:05 PM..

Old 07-21-2021, 01:45 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,753,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
Vaccines should not be mandated BUT it is perfectly acceptable to restrict what people who are not vaccinated can do or go in order to protect the freedom of the people who cannot be vaccinated or do not generate a strong immune response.
You’re vaccine protects you. Your vaccine does not protect others.

Old 07-21-2021, 01:45 PM

962 posts, read 541,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Same here. The vaccine and the way the pandemic handled has changed the way I vote. I’m an independent who leaned left, now and independent who leans right.
So you're saying what changed you from left-leaning to right-leaning were hypothetical mandates that aren't in place anywhere, red state, blue state, or otherwise?

I've seen single-issue voters, but I'm not sure I've ever seen a non-existent issue voter before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies