Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2021, 12:20 PM

13,438 posts, read 4,282,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
You are correct, Biden has always been racist as can be. They only voted for him, because they didn’t like Trump, they don’t really cared if Biden was racist or not.

Democrats lost all credibility for me. Of course they dislike Biden, they rejected him big time in 2 prior primaries. All of the sudden they forgot about the wars that Biden voted for and his lies about it and his real racist policy of being the grandfather of black mass incarceration all because of their hatred towards Trump.

I remember under 8 years of W Bush, the #1 thing for Democrats was the war and ending the endless military occupations. It was non stop. Then they sold out their principles and voted for Biden and they are lecturing 74 million Americans who voted for Trump?

Jane Fonda is a Hollywood liberal to the core. She went last year on Howard Stern before the election to brag about her anti-war work during Vietnam. She was padding herself on her back. Then she said We need to elect Joe Biden for President ignoring his War votes since 1973. This is how fake these people are. Hollywood is owned by China.

Then she started talking trash about her former friend actor Jon Voight because he is a conservative and was supporting Trump. I was when you thought she couldn't go lower, she goes lower. What kind of "friend" goes on national radio and trashes a person's politics especially when the politician you are supporting is crooked. These people live in a bubble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2021, 12:23 PM

6,963 posts, read 2,696,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Right-wingers always complain about political correctness, then when someone is being completely honest with them they're like "OMG! You're so divisive!!!!"

What Schumer said is on a lot of people's minds. And not just Americans.

It's a good question to ask: in order to get better as a country, we have to understand why so many Americans would vote for the worst possible human to lead our country. The same way detectives need to understand the psyche of a serial killer.

Most were voting AGAINST Hillary Clinton.

Old 07-27-2021, 12:26 PM

10,177 posts, read 11,159,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
I live in upstate NY and Schumer, a representative of NY, has done nothing for us but pose with cows. He is a grandstanding puppet of Pelosi, whose is passed her expiration date.
I loathe Schumer. He's a Parasite.

Pelosi puppet alright, she pulls him along on a dog leash.

Old 07-27-2021, 01:50 PM

33,313 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Same reason why he only got 63 million votes in 2016 and lost to Clinton, people don't like him. He was lucky to run against weak candidates in both elections, if he ran against Obama it would have been a blood bath.

Better question is why this great president couldn't carry the popular this election after all his great accomplishments.

People don't like him, and he got fewer votes, but he didn't lose.

Old 07-27-2021, 04:03 PM

6,107 posts, read 4,602,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
One does not lose the popular vote as it is not a competition. The entire campaign angle is to win the electoral vote and thus many populous states are not even competed for.

It's like watching the mile race at the olympics and declaring that despite winning the gold medal, the runner lost the first 800 meters.

Basically, citing the popular vote has been an active attempt to cast aspersions on the winners legitimacy and undermine democracy. (*cough* by fascists)
Okay, if you want to nitpick semantics, Hillary Clinton received a larger number of votes than Donald Trump in the general election of 2016.

Regarding the last sentence, simply acknowledging that one candidate had more voter support than the other doesn't undermine democracy or have anything to do with fascism. That's silly.

Your second sentence stating that "many populous states are not even accounted for" makes the point for election reform the popular vote being the controlling decider, adding not only populous states, but states whose political affiliation percentages are skewed to one extreme or another. Why should voters' votes in Mississippi or Massachusetts not have the same effect as votes in a swing state like mine (NC)?

Old 07-27-2021, 06:26 PM

4,376 posts, read 1,693,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
So he talks about being divisive, yet his attacking a former president and his voters months after he has left office. While we have rapid inflation, a border crisis, rising crime, and jobless claims rising

https://conservativebrief.com/democr...tm_medium=CB08

Are Dems really this tone deaf? Can’t wait for their midterm annihilation next year
I honestly don't see that as an attack on Trump voters (although it is CLEARLY an attack on trump, which is fair game).

If GQPers see this as an attack, I'm going to have to wear my galoshes to be able to walk through all those snowflake GQP tears.

Old 07-27-2021, 06:44 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,513,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
I honestly don't see that as an attack on Trump voters (although it is CLEARLY an attack on trump, which is fair game).

If GQPers see this as an attack, I'm going to have to wear my galoshes to be able to walk through all those snowflake GQP tears.
You "honestly" do not see how a comment by Shumer calling out "74 million voters" for voting for Trump is an attack on Trump voters?

Really.

It is Shumer and his comrades who are the despicable, vile people, by the way.

Old 07-27-2021, 06:55 PM

316 posts, read 155,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
I agree. It would be nice if some of them could articulate why they like and support Trump. Much of what is actually explained on this site and, I imagine, other right wing sites is not based in reality. The other reason I've heard is that it is, "sticking it to da libruls." We really do need to get to the bottom of it. I know the FBI and DHS are monitoring them but it would be better to figure out what makes them tick and, well, fix it.
The leftist hysterical hatred of him when he was running in 2016 and during his presidency drew more people to his defense than otherwise would have. Remember, Ted Cruz won Iowa in 2016. Cruz would have likely won the GOP nomination had the media ignored and downplayed Trump.

Furthermore, Trump isnt like most GOP. Most GOP are cowards and back down when challenged. Most GOP politicians dont defend their fellow Republicans. Trump is unashamed of who he is and stands up for his supporters unlike most GOP.

Last edited by CaseyB; 07-28-2021 at 05:00 AM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 07-27-2021, 07:33 PM

4,376 posts, read 1,693,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
You "honestly" do not see how a comment by Shumer calling out "74 million voters" for voting for Trump is an attack on Trump voters?

Really.

It is Shumer and his comrades who are the despicable, vile people, by the way.
No, I honestly don't. That probably happens in every single election. People need to put on their big boy pants and stop whining.

I remember a slogan on a bazillion Trump flags when he was President. It said, "F--- you feelings! Trump-2020". And now they're whining because their feelings are hurt when someone mentions that they voted for Trump? Snowflakes!

Old 07-27-2021, 07:44 PM

8,060 posts, read 3,941,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
No, I honestly don't. That probably happens in every single election. People need to put on their big boy pants and stop whining.

I remember a slogan on a bazillion Trump flags when he was President. It said, "F--- you feelings! Trump-2020". And now they're whining because their feelings are hurt when someone mentions that they voted for Trump? Snowflakes!
It's basically paraphrasing Hillary's "basket full of deplorables"... and we all know how splendidly that worked for her.

Last edited by Ultor; 07-27-2021 at 07:53 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies