Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2021, 10:17 AM

1,227 posts, read 638,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
..this is just sick...no pun intended.....guess the democrats don't want anyone calling them racist xenophobes

"At least 70 Border Patrol agents in the Rio Grande Valley Sector also tested positive for COVID-19 since October, according to reports last week. A large percentage of those infections occurred in the past few weeks as increasing numbers of migrants are testing positive."

"Three more Border Patrol Agents working at the Eagle Pass, Texas, processing center tested positive for COVID-19 over the weekend,...The agents were assigned to process migrants apprehended in the Del Rio Sector"

"Several of the Border Patrol Agents who tested positive for the virus had been fully vaccinated, "

"The total number of Border Patrol agents, according to the source, reached six since Thursday. In addition, at least one Texas Army National Guard soldier working in Eagle Pass also tested positive for the virus. The source, speaking on the condition of anonymity, says the facility is rated at 300 migrants due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The facility is currently holding more than 1,000 migrants."

"“This is a nightmare. We have no more room for anyone else in the facility,” the source told Breitbart. “We cannot process them fast enough and when we are done, we have no place to take them except to put them out on the street.”

...so now they are concerned they won't be able to move them all over the country...like a plague

"The source says migrants are being let go in downtown Eagle Pass since a local non-governmental shelter refused to take in any more migrants. The Mission Border Hope shelter is concerned that they will not be able to arrange transportation for the migrants into the interior of the United States after a recent executive order issued by Texas Governor Greg Abbott."

https://www.breitbart.com/border/202...-for-covid-19/
Increasing future Democratic voting rolls is more important to this Administration than the health and welfare of US citizens.

Old 08-05-2021, 10:29 AM

26,662 posts, read 15,215,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
I had thought DeSantis banned the mandates not the masks themselves. If he banned the masks then yes, I disagree with him too. Not even quite sure I agree with banning mandates if it applies to private businesses. I've still got some thinking to do on that one, I see valid points from both sides.
No I phrased that wrong. Sorry, posting on my phone.

He banned mask mandates not masks. The poster I replied to said he banned masks.

I am not 100% on board with DeSantis banning mask mandates.

Old 08-05-2021, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
No issues with anything you said in your post.

But here's a question for everyone, no matter what side of the issue you're on:

Our constitutional law says that we MUST accept political refugees. We have to allow them into the country until they can have a hearing, and then they get in or they get turned away.

So even if you believe (and why wouldn't anyone agree) that letting potentially infected people into the country is a bad idea, don't we need to either follow the laws of the land, or gain agreement to update them?

I guess my point is that it's easy to point the finger at Biden, but he's somewhat bound by our laws. The prior POTUS might have gained popularity for disallowing entry of these political refugees, but he was in fact breaking or avoiding the laws written by our forefathers.

If you look at Biden's ACTUAL agenda (not the one that Breitbart and NY Post tells he has) as posted on the Whitehouse Web-page, you'll see he's trying to update immigration to stop it at the source, and to update our procedures to use available technology to prevent these people from even coming to our border, yet still giving them the ability to apply as per the law. Agree or disagree, that's fine, but he's doing something, and the crisis is not one he can EO his way out of.

Sometimes following the laws and values of our country is not easy, but I think it's best in the long-run to respect American values. Biden is not the greatest, but he's clearly an improvement from his predicessor. That's an opinion, one that many will disagree with.
Political refugees are suppose to go to the first place, not travel through multiple countries.

Many of these aren't political refugees it is just an excuse for Biden to ship them all over where they can spread covid and skip their hearing.

Old 08-05-2021, 10:32 AM

4,540 posts, read 2,804,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
No I phrased that wrong. Sorry, posting on my phone.

He banned mask mandates not masks. The poster I replied to said he banned masks.

I am not 100% on board with DeSantis banning mask mandates.
To be clear, it is true that the Arkansas governor banned masks. DeSantis banned mandates, but they are essentially the same thing science-wise.

Like, everyone may as well take off their masks in a room where only 10% of the people have them on. It’s either the majority wear them, or there is no point.

Old 08-05-2021, 10:35 AM

9,490 posts, read 11,256,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
I don’t know it’s possible to include so many distortions of the truth in one post.

1. The delta variant originates from India, not Mexico; it would have came here irregardless of anything happening with Mexico.

2. Not all minorities vote for the Democrats; see Texas Hispanics - as an example.

3. It’s untrue (a blatant lie) that the only people who are vaccine hesitant are Democrats. See states like Wyoming, and white evangelicals.

4. The right wing media has tons of anti-vax talking heads. That’s why people blame the right.

5. DeSantis and other Republicans have used state power to ban masks. Another reason why people blame the right.
Do you acknowledge left wing media? Do you acknowledge that left wing kooks are the ones mostly responsible for dictatorial edicts that are short on proof of effectiveness but long on feeding the hungry jaws of the power-addicted?

Blacks are the most vaccine-hesitant of all groups. Does that make them all right wing kooks? Or maybe they've been jacked by the government a few times too many and know the game?

But yes, obviously white people are the cause of all the planet's ills. Suppose they'd all been disappeared 100 years ago. What would earth look like today?

Old 08-05-2021, 10:43 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,988,941 times
I am in NY. Work in a VERY liberal leaning law firm of around 60 people.. indoors, no air ventilation. I am the only person who wears a mask. I actually get laughed at and called "paranoid". COVID is all around. I know more people with COVID now than I did over the winter. Most have been vaccinated. Granted, nobody is hospitalized so that's good but MANY are sick with COVID. No masks. Not yet at least.

Old 08-05-2021, 10:46 AM

11,242 posts, read 8,350,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Political refugees are suppose to go to the first place, not travel through multiple countries.

Many of these aren't political refugees it is just an excuse for Biden to ship them all over where they can spread covid and skip their hearing.
1st point is valid (Although where do they go if "the first place" is also not politically stable or safe?, to the next?)

2nd is opinion, and that's why they get a hearing, because neither you nor I are qualified to determine that.

I do sincerely appreciate your response. Thanks.

Old 08-05-2021, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
1st point is valid (Although where do they go if "the first place" is also not politically stable or safe?, to the next?)

2nd is opinion, and that's why they get a hearing, because neither you nor I are qualified to determine that.

I do sincerely appreciate your response. Thanks.
Is Mexico not politically stable? If it is, the whole we must process them argument falls apart.

Biden has no credibility on Covid. He ships around covid infected illegal immigrants all over and they aren't required to be isolated.

Old 08-05-2021, 11:00 AM

19,328 posts, read 17,223,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Name an immigration law that needs to be “updated”

Instead of using the word “update”, why don’t you just come out and say AMNESTY?

Here is the source 1mil+

1.2 million through June. Fiscal year ends in October
https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/c...ent-statistics
Good legitimate reference, but it does not say 1mil+ have come in as the poster I responded too alleged, it says that there have been encounters and that's a different thing.

Amnesty is not what I am suggesting; We need a guest worker program, we need a final decision on those currently enrolled under DACA, we need a viable path to citizenship and most importantly we need to follow the laws that we put in place.

"Republicans blame Biden's policies for the upsurge in illegal border crossings in recent months, but migration experts say poverty, violence and food insecurity are factors driving migrants to leave Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador." ref: https://www.reuters.com/world/americ...21-2021-06-25/

That's the crux of it politics because we are now following the laws on the books mixed with a degree of humanity...

Old 08-05-2021, 11:01 AM

53,062 posts, read 34,880,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Not all of them and it was proven in another thread that you tried to spread that nonsense in.
She tells that lie on a daily basis, and never comes back to defend it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies