Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2021, 12:01 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,835,529 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easternman View Post
While the vaccination rate in the US reaches 70%, African American people are among the lowest vaccinated group at 25%. Even third-world nations have a higher percentage rate than that.

How will the government gain black people's trust to go and vaccinate themselves? Especially when black people and vaccination have a dark history in the US. Most of the older folks, the parents and grandparents of this generation still remember the Tuskegee experiment which is "arguably the most infamous biomedical research study in U.S. history".

How to possibly gain black people's trust to vaccinate after such a nefarious human experiment? How could they 'trust science'?
Education and accessibility. Many inner cities, typically heavily populated by black Americans, don't have the amenities that the more affluent white parts of town have. It's highly unlikely they are unvaccinated for ideological or political reasons like the white evangelical Christians are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2021, 12:18 PM

45,550 posts, read 60,783,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Education and accessibility. Many inner cities, typically heavily populated by black Americans, don't have the amenities that the more affluent white parts of town have. It's highly unlikely they are unvaccinated for ideological or political reasons like the white evangelical Christians are.
You forgot to add that they also don't know where to get one, that's usually what you enablers and rationalizers say.

Old 08-07-2021, 12:41 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,609,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bj538 View Post
The anti-mask/anti-vax crowd is made up of people with low IQ. That sure isn't just blacks or any other ethnic group. There are plenty of dumb white people who believe conspiracy theories over hard science and common sense.

I was in Taiwan in February 2020, right before COVID got bad in the U.S., and just about everyone in public was wearing a mask there. The only ones I saw who weren't were a few idiot Westerners. The Taiwanese wore their masks and haven't had a hard time controlling the virus.

Our country is full of selfish, stupid, pigheaded people who "don't like being told what to do," even when it's a serious public health issue.
Where I live, black people are very fearful of COVID and wear masks and distance, they just are also afraid of the vaccine. The only maskless faces I see are white.

Old 08-07-2021, 12:43 PM

39,315 posts, read 27,692,603 times
Well, my brother in law who is black got his first vaccination. I dont think he will get the second one because he had a bad reaction. Don't know what being black have anything to do with not getting vaccinated. I say let people make their own decisions.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 08-07-2021 at 01:07 PM..

Old 08-07-2021, 12:48 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,855,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Well, my brother in law who is black got his first vaccibation. I dont think he will get the second one because he had a bad reaction. Don't know what being black have anything to do with not getting vaccinated. I say let people make their own decisions.
Even about masks? but I agree. Let people make the own decisions. Lets call it individual mandates.

Old 08-07-2021, 12:50 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,738,258 times
I'm very good with black people - I could persuade them to all get vaccinated, but only if I get paid .... 0NE MILLION DOLLARS!!

Old 08-07-2021, 12:51 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,609,542 times
How do we 'make' republicans 'comply?' There are more white republicans who won't vaccinate in our country than black people.

I am not FOR making anyone 'comply, I'm just asking.

Old 08-07-2021, 12:55 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,855,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
How do we 'make' republicans 'comply?' There are more white republicans who won't vaccinate in our country than black people.

I am not FOR making anyone 'comply, I'm just asking.
How do you know that? I'm curious about your sources. You might be right or wrong... I just don't know.

I do know rural areas have a lower vaccination rate, for many reasons, but the data isn't broke down by race in rural areas. So are you making assumptions?

Old 08-07-2021, 01:01 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,787,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Black people living in inner city urban areas have tons of access to vaccines. It’s highly likely that they just don’t want the vaccine.

Old 08-07-2021, 01:05 PM

30,118 posts, read 18,723,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easternman View Post
While the vaccination rate in the US reaches 70%, African American people are among the lowest vaccinated group at 25%. Even third-world nations have a higher percentage rate than that.

How will the government gain black people's trust to go and vaccinate themselves? Especially when black people and vaccination have a dark history in the US. Most of the older folks, the parents and grandparents of this generation still remember the Tuskegee experiment which is "arguably the most infamous biomedical research study in U.S. history".

How to possibly gain black people's trust to vaccinate after such a nefarious human experiment? How could they 'trust science'?
You can't MAKE anyone "comply", regardless of race, ethnicity, economic status, or employment.

Unfortunately, NO ONE trusts the mainstream media anymore, as they have become a biased propaganda wing for the left. So when they are actually telling the truth this time, no one believes them. It is a case of the Boy Who Cried Wolf.

I personally think it is silly to not get vaccinated, but then again, I'm just a physician following the research from NEJM and JAMA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies