Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2021, 01:44 AM

1,538 posts, read 1,483,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post

It’s ironic that most of those dying are Trump voters.

It should be the Trump vaccine. But it doesn't help that vaccinated Trump acts lukewarm concerning it. He probably could have got his base to embrace it. But what's in it for him?

Just another example that our former president is scum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2021, 03:38 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
I’m not begging for anything. I had my vaccine, I never stopped wearing masks, I still wipe shopping carts and I avoid crowds. My family and I are doing fine. Haven’t had a cold in over a year.

Fear you say? I’m not fearful.

I just SMH every time I read that another rabid anti mask, anti vaxxer has gotten Covid and has died. And if you get past the ECMO, the ventilator and all the IV pumps, they died in “freedom”. They sure showed everyone, didn’t they?

It’s ironic that most of those dying are Trump voters.

But every time I read that toddlers and children are getting Covid it just breaks my heart.
You ask your dying patients how they vote?

Old 08-08-2021, 04:25 AM

18,548 posts, read 15,586,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
It suddenly hit me why we're supposedly in a corona "surge." It's because with schools going back all across the country, they're testing a tremendous number of people that wouldn't otherwise be tested and thanks to the tests and their data being known to be skewed to report false positives, that's the only reason for this "surge" Keep this in mind as the media continues its fear-mongering campaign.
No. Hospitalizations are also up. It is not simply more testing.

Old 08-08-2021, 05:56 AM

366 posts, read 110,520 times
Quote:
It suddenly hit me why we're supposedly in a corona "surge." It's because with schools going back all across the country, they're testing a tremendous number of people that wouldn't otherwise be tested and thanks to the tests and their data being known to be skewed to report false positives, that's the only reason for this "surge" Keep this in mind as the media continues its fear-mongering campaign.
This is spot on, I work in healthcare IT and one of my big projects this past spring was to set up a system to handle testing data from all the public schools. Apparently some states are making tests mandatory? It hasn’t been used much until recently

Old 08-08-2021, 07:06 AM

6,737 posts, read 4,419,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelinnen View Post
This is spot on, I work in healthcare IT and one of my big projects this past spring was to set up a system to handle testing data from all the public schools. Apparently some states are making tests mandatory? It hasn’t been used much until recently

Remember the Trump analogy. '' if we stop testing, we'd have fewer cases.'' We're finding more cases because we're testing more. Stop testing. He actually said that.

Old 08-08-2021, 07:28 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:

Care to supply some credible evidence supporting this allegation or was it meant solely as opinion?

Old 08-08-2021, 07:55 AM

10,178 posts, read 11,165,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
You ask your dying patients how they vote?
Probably

I pay not attention to this one. I don't insult Pt's. Not call them Rabid, Anti-Vaxxer's like this So - CALLED Nurse has in her posts.

"It’s ironic that most of those dying are Trump voters".
Pathetic, attempt to insult People who have died. Nurses, do not do this.

We're not testing for covid in my area, unless they have Symptoms. Schools will be opening here very soon.

Masks are Optional at this time. Not mandated. And not 1 covid has came to my hospital. We are prepared though.

Old 08-08-2021, 10:01 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
Funny how vaxxers ignore the elephant in the room -- all the minorities refusing the vax. I guess they don't want to be called racists.

Are the hundreds of thousands of Paris anti vax protesters Trump supporters?

Surge in the summer is due to air conditioning, just like surge in winter with heating. People stay inside. Not rocket science, but real science.

Old 08-08-2021, 10:08 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,556 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
Normal ICU bed usage runs around 80-90%.

Highest rate in the country right now is in Alabama at 93%.

The sky is falling.
NO it isnt. this is from 2014

Quote:
Over the three years studied, total ICU occupancy ranged from 57.4% to 82.1% and the number of beds filled with mechanically ventilated patients ranged from 20.7% to 38.9%. There was no change in occupancy across years and no increase in occupancy during influenza seasons. Mean hourly occupancy across ICUs was 68.2% SD ± 21.3, and was substantially higher in ICUs with fewer beds (mean 75.8% (± 16.5) for 5–14 beds versus 60.9% (± 22.1) for 20+ beds, P = 0.001), and in academic hospitals (78.7% (± 15.9) versus 65.3% (± 21.3) for community not-for profit hospitals, P < 0.001). More than half (53.6%) of ICUs had 4+ beds available more than half the time. The mean percentage of ICU patients receiving mechanical ventilation in any given hour was 39.5% (± 15.2), and a mean of 29.0% (± 15.9) of ICU beds were filled with a patient on a ventilator.

Old 08-08-2021, 10:21 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,556 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Funny how vaxxers ignore the elephant in the room -- all the minorities refusing the vax. I guess they don't want to be called racists.

Are the hundreds of thousands of Paris anti vax protesters Trump supporters?

Surge in the summer is due to air conditioning, just like surge in winter with heating. People stay inside. Not rocket science, but real science.
first things first.

Vaccination rates by race(via KFF)

Whites 49%
Asians 66%
Latinos 43%
Black 34%

Blaming minorities makes no sense because they are minorities.

15 million adult asians, 66% vaccinated, so 34% unvaccinated.

thats 5.1 million

There are 31 million adult black people in this nation. 34% are vaccinated, so 66% arent.

so 20,460,000 arent vaccinated.

41 million adult Latinos, 43% are vaccinated, so 57% arent .

So 23,366,000 arent vaccinated.

160 million adult white people. 49% are vaccinated, so 51% arent.

thats 80 million

There are twice as many unvaccinated white people than the number of all unvaccinated minorities combined.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies