Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2021, 02:13 PM

7,360 posts, read 6,536,606 times

Advertisements

It suddenly hit me why we're supposedly in a corona "surge." It's because with schools going back all across the country, they're testing a tremendous number of people that wouldn't otherwise be tested and thanks to the tests and their data being known to be skewed to report false positives, that's the only reason for this "surge" Keep this in mind as the media continues its fear-mongering campaign.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2021, 02:17 PM

5,347 posts, read 3,224,297 times
The "surge" as you say has happened well before school was back in session.

And none of the reports I've heard indicate that children are driving up the numbers.

I guess keep that in mind as the alternative media tells you "there's nothing to see here".

Old 08-07-2021, 02:23 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 14 days ago)

35,648 posts, read 18,006,664 times
That doesn't explain why ICUs are full.

Old 08-07-2021, 02:24 PM

7,242 posts, read 4,559,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
It suddenly hit me why we're supposedly in a corona "surge." It's because with schools going back all across the country, they're testing a tremendous number of people that wouldn't otherwise be tested and thanks to the tests and their data being known to be skewed to report false positives, that's the only reason for this "surge" Keep this in mind as the media continues its fear-mongering campaign.
It is because the media started screaming "delta" and all these people that would have never questioned it... started getting tested, leading to an increase... and eventually a snow ball of people running to get tested.

In April and May no one would report on breakthrough cases so everyone "presumed" they couldn't spread it... and as the numbers went down, they assumed that was correct. Then .. blamn... suddenly it is a different story, mostly because they knew they couldn't stop the news from breaking.

Actually the Provencetown cluster was reported locally weeks before national news picked it up.

Old 08-07-2021, 02:25 PM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,096,870 times
On average, covid symptoms pop up after 5 days.

We started shutting down schools here after the third day of classes.

Taking a wild stab here, but my guess is that the kids didn't catch the plague at school.

So....lets flatten the curve and shut down the schools.

Seems logical.....

Old 08-07-2021, 02:28 PM
YAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Normal ICU bed usage runs around 80-90%.

Highest rate in the country right now is in Alabama at 93%.

The sky is falling.

Old 08-07-2021, 02:36 PM

7,242 posts, read 4,559,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post

The sky is falling.
Yeh my state only has 200 people in the hospital with covid. I think they can handle that.

Old 08-07-2021, 02:37 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 14 days ago)

35,648 posts, read 18,006,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post

The sky is falling.
I'm not saying the sky is falling.

I'm saying increased testing doesn't explain the upsurge in ICU patients. COVID ICU patients have tripled locally in the last few weeks.

Old 08-07-2021, 02:40 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,131,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I can't believe you believe that same BS they used last year to ratchet up the fear.

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

You'll be one of the people begging for the coming lockdowns, and you'll appreciate being a prisoner in your own home. I have no doubt about that.

Old 08-07-2021, 02:43 PM
YAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I can't believe you believe that same BS they used last year to ratchet up the fear.

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

You'll be one of the people begging for the coming lockdowns, and you'll appreciate being a prisoner in your own home. I have no doubt about that.

Yes. Because it's logical & reasonable to freak out when the ICU had two plague victims a month ago....and now has six plague victims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies